What's new

WorldCup 2010 football/soccer thread.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
We are less than 2 weeks away from the biggest sport event in the world.
What are your thoughts, predictions and who are your favorites?
Im going to tip either Spain or France on this one. I doubt Brazil will be winning this year.
They have been disapointing and I honestly belive reiging champs Italy will flop.
Germany is a typical tournament team, and is a force to reckon with. People say that England has a strong team this year but they always say that. So I doubt they will be going far. Quarter finals maybe.

* MP = total games played
* W = total games won
* D = total games drawn (tied)
* L = total games lost
* Pts = total points accumulated (teams receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and no points for a loss)

Group A
Team MP W D L Pts
RSA 1 0 1 0 1
MEX 1 0 1 0 1
URU 1 0 0 0 1
FRA 1 0 0 0 1

Group B
Team MP W D L Pts
KOR 1 1 0 0 3
NGA 0 0 0 0 0
ARG 0 0 0 0 0
GRE 1 0 0 1 0

Group C
Team MP W D L Pts
SVN 0 0 0 0 0
ALG 0 0 0 0 0
USA 0 0 0 0 0
ENG 0 0 0 0 0

Group H
Team MP W D L Pts
SUI 0 0 0 0 0
HON 0 0 0 0 0
ESP 0 0 0 0 0
CHI 0 0 0 0 0

Group D
Team MP W D L Pts
AUS 0 0 0 0 0
SRB 0 0 0 0 0
GER 0 0 0 0 0
GHA 0 0 0 0 0

Group E
Team MP W D L Pts
JPN 0 0 0 0 0
DEN 0 0 0 0 0
NED 0 0 0 0 0
CMR 0 0 0 0 0

Group F
Team MP W D L Pts
NZL 0 0 0 0 0
ITA 0 0 0 0 0
PAR 0 0 0 0 0
SVK 0 0 0 0 0

Group G
Team MP W D L Pts
POR 0 0 0 0 0
CIV 0 0 0 0 0
BRA 0 0 0 0 0
PRK 0 0 0 0 0

wazz

Noob
england always lose. but its fun 2 watch this world cup

hey icestad. iz it possible u keep this updated. like when ever any1 plays there games. jus post whos playin in the nxt few days and time ect ect

Pikachu

If im home ill do it. Problem is that I could be on vectation when it starts.

Pikachu

I would say USA is a underdog. But they do know how to play good football. They beat Spain 2-0 last year, and as far as I know Spain was ranked nr1 that time. I say USA has a fair chance to win its group, but they need to play 100%. England is by far their toughest obsticle in the groupstages. Im certin they will move on to the knockout stages. Maybe not as group winners but they will adcance thats for sure. If they win their group and get lucky with brackets in the knockout stages. Who knows how far they will go. Top 10 maybe.

Pikachu

Well looks like England captain Rio Ferdinand could be out of World Cup. After suffering a knee injury.
Didier Drogba from the ivorycoast broke his elbow, so one of the best players in the world could be out.

Lets hope they both get better. And are ready for the World Cup.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good shit Larz. I <3 this thread.

I hope USA does great, but I am rooting for "my home team" to win it, and they should even if Ballacks injury

Pikachu

South Africa won 1-0 over Denmark. So thats 13 victories in a row for the hostnation.
Netherlands top winger Arjen Robben was in injured in a friendly match against Hungary. Sad news alot of good players have been injured. BTW the Oranje won 6-1. Good shit Netherland.

so watching espn i heard the funniest commercial for the world cup, "...and june 12th the most anticipated match of the world cup, england vs usa..." haha my brother and i were like wtf, if anything when you think world wide no one cares for US soccer, other than the US. the most anticipated match in my mind would be portugal vs brazil, #1 ranked team vs #3 ranked team if im not mistaken

Pikachu

I gotta admit im hyped to see USA vs England. And I hope USA wins. But yeah Brazil vs Portugal is going to be huge as hell.

Pikachu

South Africa vs Mexico match is just over.
It ended 1-1 South Africa had a huge chance to end the game at the 89th min or so. But hit the post. So close so close.

Next match is Uruguay vs France. Im sure France will win that match.

Updated Group A standings.

Pikachu

0-0 between France and Uruguay. Looks like group a is for anyones takeing.
High tempo and nice play. No goals Uruguay got a red card in the end.

Pikachu

South-Korea vs Greece 2-0
Boring game, and a well deserved vicotry for South-Korea.