What's new

Wonderwoman losing MU's

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
I'm glad people finally starting bringing up instant air shield toss lol. No one is forcing you to use the punishable option. On the note of mobility, watch Akromaniac use her. He uses wavedashing (backwards) a lot and the movement that results is bonkers. And of course if you need to get in, her shield bash moves you pretty far with decent recovery.

I have NO idea why I saw YouTube videos calling her the "rushdown princess" when the game launched. She bodies rushdown characters and counterzones like a champ. Mostly 5/5s and 6/4s, definitely slept on.

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
I dont know if its just me but I dont fair too well against Starfires (I would say it's a 6 - 4 maybe 7 - 3).

If any one has any tips please share I've had issues against Starfires that Zone me out and getting in without Hermes can be very difficult.

I hope people stop sleeping on this character. I think she is easily top 10 now
Gotta agree with this. She's always been slept on imho.

She has very few bad MUs and no one really dominates her, on the other side she really wrecks characters like Robin, Sub-Zero, Flash, Bane, Canary
This is a pretty bold statement, especially with Sub-Zero and Bane.

And IMO she beats Catwoman which is going to be a good factor in this new meta since Cold got nerfed (even tho he probably still beats Catwoman but we have to see)
Another bold statement, concerning Catwoman.

I think she loses to
Deadshot
Dr. Fate
Green Lantern
Black Adam

I think Ivy is 5-5 but I can see that being in Ivy's favor

I think Batman is 5-5 because she has some really strong tools against him like being able to AA him, she can parry a batarang and dash in and recover in time to parry another batarang (unless he has Bats out, that negates the dash) so she is building meter while getting in AND if she happens to get in with the parry buff still on she gets more damage.
She has a 6F D1, and she can actually trade a shield toss with a batarang when she has a lifelead since shield toss does more damage.

She also does really well against rushdown characters.
No character in this game loses to deadshot now.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
You have me super curious about this. I'm gonna go lab WC and see what's up.
I thought it was bad before he got nerfed since cold just gets kept out the whole game due to losing the zoning war and having no mobility whatsoever, I guess the increased bullet recovery makes charging trait easier and getting to level 3 is pretty good for counter zoning I'd imagine.

Honestly have no clue though barely played either character

foxof42

Ok! So Cold is able to charge between everything Deadshot does, but it still takes a looot of taps on the trait button to get to level two and Deadshot can meter burn to check the charging. He can counter zone at midscreen with favorable trades (80 vs 70) and WC no longer punishes wall absorbing a WC.

That said, everything else about the MU is the same. I think it's still an abysmal MU for Cold, possibly worse than Fate because of his wakeup.

Edit: lvl 3 still sucks and it's still not worth charging towards. If it started up faster and was more available it'd be a threat. As it is, it's useless. #fixthecaptain

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Ok! So Cold is able to charge between everything Deadshot does, but it still takes a looot of taps on the trait button to get to level two and Deadshot can meter burn to check the charging. He can counter zone at midscreen with favorable trades (80 vs 70) and WC no longer punishes wall absorbing a WC.

That said, everything else about the MU is the same. I think it's still an abysmal MU for Cold, possibly worse than Fate because of his wakeup.

Edit: lvl 3 still sucks and it's still not worth charging towards. If it started up faster and was more available it'd be a threat. As it is, it's useless. #fixthecaptain
I think it's more that it takes forever to actually travel across the screen.

But anyway, wonder woman MU's....

foxof42

Anyone have insight on the Manta and Hellboy MUs? I think she might 5/5 or beat Manta but Hellboy, idk. @Tweedy what do you think about Hellboy/WW?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So post-patch I feel like she loses these match-ups:

Starfire
Black Adam
Green Lantern
Firestorm (he can lame her out very well, punishes IA shield toss at a good distance and MB ground shield toss, and he doesn't take as many risks, in the corner he has a good option with his MB B3 but he still gets worked like everyone else :p and well, having a fully invincible wake-up is always a good thing)

Another possible losing MUs imo:
Supergirl (this one is kind of weird to me, I do well against good Supergirls but I feel like I have to play way better than her, Supergirl has everything to counter her and a lame and patient Supergirl Is frustrating to fight as Wonder Woman)

Cyborg: yeah, this MU is actually hard for her imo since he gets trait out for free and TA is also great, she can't really counterzone him at all, parrying his projectile is good but the problem in this MU are his trait and TA imo... also getting a lifelead against him doesn't mean much for the same reasons, I can see her losing this)

That's pretty much it IMO

Last edited: