What's new

Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I haven't tested it yet, but I was just wondering how WW's braclet parry works against DS' guns? does it parry all the bullets? Or is she free to DS' zoning as far as the parry goes.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I haven't tested it yet, but I was just wondering how WW's braclet parry works against DS' guns? does it parry all the bullets? Or is she free to DS' zoning as far as the parry goes.
Her parry parries one hit only, but if you're fast enough you could parry all of them. Didn't test Deathstroke, but Batman's batarangs (projectile) is a 2-hit projectile and they both can be parried, but you have to input parry twice very fast.

Marth

Hawkgirl Aficionado
I was hoping this thread would get made. I was hoping to get WW's Matchup Discussion Thread unlocked since the game is released, but maybe we can move this to that once it's opened.

Knowing how to play against Deathstroke for every character is going to be a real priority. I think Diana has a lot of really (really) good tools against him though (as well as zoners in general). The more ways a character has to get in on Deathstroke, the harder it is for him to keep them out, and WW has a lot: 1) air dash, 2) in-air Amazonian Punch, 3) divepunch, 4) Bracelet Parry, 5) Jump + air down Tiara throw, and 6) the universal dash + block (Note: Remember Sword and Shield Stance reduces/prevents chip damage). Using these things in combination is the key to getting in. Air Dash is the best thing ever, as it can cover a ton of distance very quickly and allows for cross-up and combo opportunities. You can also divepunch after airdash. Amazonian Punch can be done at any height off the ground and is really fast - I use this a lot as well. Just don't be too reliant on getting in through the air. Get in training mode and spam Deathstroke bullets and find a variety of ways to get in.

Where I need help is playing against Aquaman. Any suggestions/tips/strategies are greatly appreciated.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
One of the options would be to dash in in SS stance while blocking his shots. You'll take half the chip damage and only need to block 2-3 shots. Another option would be to air-dash/air-DM, but he has pretty good air control and can punish if you don't space correctly. Where it gets interesting is mid-range. From what I've seen, Deathstroe has poor mid-range control, so once you're at this range it'll be easy to Amalthea Bash/air-ST in SS or b2 in LS. Don't know how LS parry works for projectiles. Oh yeah, and f3 in SS is awesome.

Error Macro

It April yet?
I was hoping this thread would get made. I was hoping to get WW's Matchup Discussion Thread unlocked since the game is released, but maybe we can move this to that once it's opened.

Knowing how to play against Deathstroke for every character is going to be a real priority. I think Diana has a lot of really (really) good tools against him though (as well as zoners in general). The more ways a character has to get in on Deathstroke, the harder it is for him to keep them out, and WW has a lot: 1) air dash, 2) in-air Amazonian Punch, 3) divepunch, 4) Bracelet Parry, 5) Jump + air down Tiara throw, and 6) the universal dash + block (Note: Remember Sword and Shield Stance reduces/prevents chip damage). Using these things in combination is the key to getting in. Air Dash is the best thing ever, as it can cover a ton of distance very quickly and allows for cross-up and combo opportunities. You can also divepunch after airdash. Amazonian Punch can be done at any height off the ground and is really fast - I use this a lot as well. Just don't be too reliant on getting in through the air. Get in training mode and spam Deathstroke bullets and find a variety of ways to get in.

Where I need help is playing against Aquaman. Any suggestions/tips/strategies are greatly appreciated.
But Deathstroke can keep ppl out of the air with ease, so there goes a few of those options. I didn't know sword and shield prevented chip so thanks for that tip. I just hate how you can't jump his rifle shot on reaction, because if you jump to soon he will just jump and air shot you.

JJParker

Noob
But Deathstroke can keep ppl out of the air with ease, so there goes a few of those options. I didn't know sword and shield prevented chip so thanks for that tip. I just hate how you can't jump his rifle shot on reaction, because if you jump to soon he will just jump and air shot you.
It doesn't prevent all chip just lowers chip damage. I think his normal gun shot is 2% chip in lasso stance and .66% in shield stance

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I usually air dash and soon as I get low enough, input the flying punch special. It's a great move off a whiff for almost anything if you are jumping to avoid or gain ground.

Her b113 into combo is an amazing punisher for a blocked Sword Flip. If you jump their guns you can df2 to punish them for it. b23 will keep them from doing anything at all when you're in range. This is one of my favorite matchups, I only lose to really good deathstrokes, most of them will random sword flip till they die.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Her b113 into combo is an amazing punisher for a blocked Sword Flip. If you jump their guns you can df2 to punish them for it. b23 will keep them from doing anything at all when you're in range. This is one of my favorite matchups, I only lose to really good deathstrokes, most of them will random sword flip till they die.
I don't recommend throwing air tiaras, they're -30 on hit. I played a DS online once and he punished me with shots every time. Offline it's possible to punish with machine gun, and that's a lot of damage.