What's new

Wonder Woman Corner Vortex

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Video is explained through audio, and like I put in the description that I did forget to mention is that you are committing to b2~4~bf3*MB and 33~4~bf3*MB. These two strings are 100% safe and leave you at +9 on block if they block the mixup, with the exception of b2~4~bf3*MB which can be parried in between(but if you catch them picking this up, you can cancel into various other things that will blow them up for it). Enjoy:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Posted this on the media as well but figured there would be more conversation here.

How is this a vortex though? Because it cannot loop itself since you juggle your opponent, it isnt really a vortex. Also if you have a bar and hit a d12, why not hitconfim into mb tiara for a full combo, no guessing required? If you dont have any meter, you could d12, then mixup, and do the meterless combo. Maybe if you are trying to go for a large comeback, and they dont have clash already, you could use this mixup. Still interesting stuff, i just dont know how practical.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
cool shit... especially for mindgames i guess.... i wonder if you could fuzzy block it.....if you could, the timing will be very odd

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Posted this on the media as well but figured there would be more conversation here.

How is this a vortex though? Because it cannot loop itself since you juggle your opponent, it isnt really a vortex. Also if you have a bar and hit a d12, why not hitconfim into mb tiara for a full combo, no guessing required? If you dont have any meter, you could d12, then mixup, and do the meterless combo. Maybe if you are trying to go for a large comeback, and they dont have clash already, you could use this mixup. Still interesting stuff, i just dont know how practical.

I feel like that's something a WW would go for anyway. Switching it up confuses opponents sometimes (have gotten a couple comments of people not sure which stance I'm in after a certain string) and because they aren't sure which set of tools to respect at that moment in time.

I could see this becoming beastly.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I feel like that's something a WW would go for anyway. Switching it up confuses opponents sometimes (have gotten a couple comments of people not sure which stance I'm in after a certain string) and because they aren't sure which set of tools to respect at that moment in time.

I could see this becoming beastly.
Eventually people are going to learn the matchup though.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

Yeah I guess a 50/50 would be more accurate, but I titled it the way it is because at the end of the combo, though its not a hard knockdown, she still recovers faster than the opponent to then punish wake ups, so once they respect this, you can 50/50 them again. Similar to Catwoman and KF vortexes off of hard knockdowns. I guess its a loose term since those as well don't loop standing.

As for the practicalness of it, it is just another option she has to play mind games and it keeps them in the corner. You could always go for the meterless combos in Lasso Stance, this is again just another option. Yes players will learn the MU in time, but both stances have a lot of advantage and canceling advantage that it wouldn't hurt to throw in imo. And its a way to use that meter many WW players just sit on. Its situational and optional

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
cool shit... especially for mindgames i guess.... i wonder if you could fuzzy block it.....if you could, the timing will be very odd
Yeah I was trying to see if you could, not sure. Both 3 and b2 start up with her leg in a kick animation, if you expect the overhead from repetition, the low still comes out faster than it to block low in time from what I tried

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You can't fuzzy the mixup, at least not consistently. I agree Akromaniac27 that this may be a worthwhile use of meter, it gives you a solid damage boost compared to the regular stance switch combos. But imo if you are going to try to continue with mixups afterwards, 99 percet fo the tim I would just stick with a combo ending in lasso grab. You can cross up with forward 3 (or not) mixup with b2 and 33 (maybe then after that one mixup, go into these combos for some serious damage), plus you always have your otg that goes into its own whole slew of mixups. If you are planning on continuing the mixups afterwards, dont switch stances. If you are going for pure damage, these become pretty good options.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
The damage possibilities are sick. Closing a match out with 53% (after landing the 40% conmbo that got them there in the first place) is soooo sick.

Also if you land the F3 reset into corner into this (which you don't necessarily have to be in the corner to land just in shield Nash's range to push them), they will eat 52/53% and secure the round as yours.

I'm trying to consistently land the shield bash off all starters and I can tell this is definitely some sick shizzzzz

Also the threat of SS is much scarier now (22 ~ MB tiara into starter > SS corner dmg). I love it!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lasso stance mixups are ALWAYS better than sword stance mixups in the corner, and she doesn't have a true vortex. Just 5050s on top of 5050s

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Lasso stance mixups are ALWAYS better than sword stance mixups in the corner, and she doesn't have a true vortex. Just 5050s on top of 5050s
Imo her mixups (especially in lasso) after knockdown is even better than a vortex. Because it's like... they have more ways to screw up, if that makes sense. With a vortex, they know they have to block. But with WoWo, they have that option to wake up attack which adds anther layer, another way to blow them up. Maybe I just like that the more options you give them, the more you can read those options and really get in the players head, instead of a vortex which is honestly just a pure guess in some ways. Does that make sense? Idk why I'm even posting this haha.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Imo her mixups (especially in lasso) after knockdown is even better than a vortex. Because it's like... they have more ways to screw up, if that makes sense. With a vortex, they know they have to block. But with WoWo, they have that option to wake up attack which adds anther layer, another way to blow them up. Maybe I just like that the more options you give them, the more you can read those options and really get in the players head, instead of a vortex which is honestly just a pure guess in some ways. Does that make sense? Idk why I'm even posting this haha.
There are like 10 characters that can get up for free and negate KD mixups