What's new

WNF - 5/4/2011 - MK9: Winners Finals

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Sorry there wasn't a lot of footage, but we will finish next week. We are still on losers finals and grand finals. Keep watching LevelUpLive every wed.

Here are the current vids.

I'm still so pissed at WNF stream, or should I say MvC3 exclusive tournament?
You're mad that a stream that is heavily focusing on MvC3 is streaming MvC3?
They even gave a reason why, that they felt that game was to new and people are still figuring things out. That streaming a game where people are dropping combos left and right, and learning the game isn't so going to be entertaining.

You're mad that a stream that is heavily focusing on MvC3 is streaming MvC3?
They even gave a reason why, that they felt that game was to new and people are still figuring things out. That streaming a game where people are dropping combos left and right, and learning the game isn't so going to be entertaining.
Then they should not use MK9 names on a MvC3 centric stream title, or say they where gonna show at least the top 8 matches, or say that the MK9 tournament has just as much people as the MvC3 tournament, you know, building hype for something they weren't gonna show is quite a dirty move to keep people watching. (IMO)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm still so pissed at WNF stream, or should I say MvC3 exclusive tournament?
Our first week we had 25 people, it was a great week. The second week we had 40, it was an awesome week. Last week we had 50, just about as many as MVC3. Slowly but surely we are getting there.

The problem here is that even though we have 5 to 6 set ups. Its just not enough, we have to get more set ups to finish our tournaments quicker, and leave top 8 ready for the stream.

Next week, we will have Losers Finals and Grand Finals up quick. And we will also hopefully have top 8 for the new MK9 bracket.

Our first week we had 25 people, it was a great week. The second week we had 40, it was an awesome week. Last week we had 50, just about as many as MVC3. Slowly but surely we are getting there.

The problem here is that even though we have 5 to 6 set ups. Its just not enough, we have to get more set ups to finish our tournaments quicker, and leave top 8 ready for the stream.

Next week, we will have Losers Finals and Grand Finals up quick. And we will also hopefully have top 8 for the new MK9 bracket.
Hopefully God hear you, of all Capcom games, the only one I don't like is MvC3 which make it boring for me to watch that stream while waiting for MK9 or SSFIV.

Also, dunno if you read my previous post in that other WNF but again, Sorry for calling your Ermac boring, I was annoyed do to the stream and since your game is super safe with Ermac it sounded worst that what I intended to say. (I blame English not been my main language) :p

Then they should not use MK9 names on a MvC3 centric stream title, or say they where gonna show at least the top 8 matches, or say that the MK9 tournament has just as much people as the MvC3 tournament, you know, building hype for something they weren't gonna show is quite a dirty move to keep people watching. (IMO)
They actually mention on stream that they intended to show top 8. Also there are other factors in streaming, MK9 has such a horrible botton config layout that there is a lot of time wasted setting up buttons. While as MvC3 does not have that problem. I assume WNF intends to stream MK9 with MvC3 whenever the entertainment value (deemed by them) are for the most part equal. I like watching MK9 streams but I do not want to watch people that don't play often play on a stream, when I could rather watch MvC3 being played by at the very least above average players.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hopefully God hear you, of all Capcom games, the only one I don't like is MvC3 which make it boring for me to watch that stream while waiting for MK9 or SSFIV.

Also, dunno if you read my previous post in that other WNF but again, Sorry for calling your Ermac boring, I was annoyed do to the stream and since your game is super safe with Ermac it sounded worst that what I intended to say. (I blame English not been my main language) :p
Its okay man... lol

They actually mention on stream that they intended to show top 8. Also there are other factors in streaming, MK9 has such a horrible botton config layout that there is a lot of time wasted setting up buttons. While as MvC3 does not have that problem. I assume WNF intends to stream MK9 with MvC3 whenever the entertainment value (deemed by them) are for the most part equal. I like watching MK9 streams but I do not want to watch people that don't play often play on a stream, when I could rather watch MvC3 being played by at the very least above average players.
Actually, we might be at fault here. Miscommunication on streaming top 8, so we went along and played up until winners finals.

Actually, we might be at fault here. Miscommunication on streaming top 8, so we went along and played up until winners finals.
Or that could happen, shit happens. But for all intents and purposes, I believe that nobody wants MK9 to be bad, but at the very least promote it till EVO.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Or that could happen, shit happens. But for all intents and purposes, I believe that nobody wants MK9 to be bad, but at the very least promote it till EVO.
The hype is great. I was happy to see 25 show up the first week, I never expected just as many players as MVC3.

That made my day... lol

The hype is great. I was happy to see 25 show up the first week, I never expected just as many players as MVC3.

That made my day... lol
If only I lived in the US I would do everything I could to go to a tournament, no one play Kano in them it seams, I bet I wold be a sensation. :p