What's new

Question - Kano With the new changes...

omooba

fear the moobs
i say he's broke please nerf and nerf ferra/torr to take away those unnecesary ass launchers

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oh buff is good for sure. The db1 is good for footsies sure but thats kinda it. F4 blade slice can be backdash even though with its range it looks like it shouldn't. Being -5 is good for for safety but doesnt let him really continue anything. Your not going to always down poke cause other ppls poke are faster. You can armor but you could use that meter for a bigger damage combo later. Also back dash, which is a solid option but slows down ct crazy momentum.Even in the corner with a 50-50 into blade slice can be armored when you attempt another 50-50. His meterless combos midscreen are Dookie that dont start with f2. His punishes become a bit tighter. What wont punish with 112 or is a tight punish pretty much wont be punished. I find him a lil too meter hungry. The crazy 50% combos are swag and hella damaging but how often are you going to have 2 bars not use one for armor, just in case. Now when he gets going, hes crazy definitely. I just see him upplayed.
Nope

CT Kano goes in balls deep! BALLS DEEP. Your down playing is A list cage levels. Get real son. This characters is just as good as any other. Top 10 I'd say

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Oh buff is good for sure. The db1 is good for footsies sure but thats kinda it. F4 blade slice can be backdash even though with its range it looks like it shouldn't. Being -5 is good for for safety but doesnt let him really continue anything. Your not going to always down poke cause other ppls poke are faster. You can armor but you could use that meter for a bigger damage combo later. Also back dash, which is a solid option but slows down ct crazy momentum.Even in the corner with a 50-50 into blade slice can be armored when you attempt another 50-50. His meterless combos midscreen are Dookie that dont start with f2. His punishes become a bit tighter. What wont punish with 112 or is a tight punish pretty much wont be punished. I find him a lil too meter hungry. The crazy 50% combos are swag and hella damaging but how often are you going to have 2 bars not use one for armor, just in case. Now when he gets going, hes crazy definitely. I just see him upplayed.
You just totally downplayed him.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Nope

CT Kano goes in balls deep! BALLS DEEP. Your down playing is A list cage levels. Get real son. This characters is just as good as any other. Top 10 I'd say
Ok balls deep. But can you counter what i said? I have no problem changing my mind, but seeing little gameplay and on paper i just dont see it. Maybe a bill is too much but he has counters like every other character. Even a list. I would hella down play a list cause even with him. Ppl dont sare to push a button when they can.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
You just totally downplayed him.
Im ok with that lol. Im sure in the minority. Maybe i just dont get the charactet and he can should be played. But everyone list all the good and broke things and no one really says the negatives or counters to his play.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Im ok with that lol. Im sure in the minority. Maybe i just dont get the charactet and he can should be played. But everyone list all the good and broke things and no one really says the negatives or counters to his play.
Just because there are counters doesn't mean it's not stupid. Kabal had counters.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Punishable 50/50 options, f4 being his best mid check which ends his + frames, little shit like that.

Obviously CT isn't as stupid as Kabal, but he's pretty stupid. The only thing he really lacks is top tier movement and air attacks.
Fair. Like i think ct is solid. But not so damn good as ppl make him out to be. When he gets going hits hard and cam get stupid. When hes playing D or has no bar hes whatever. Thats all im saying in the end. Not a glass cannon but needs too much set up for my taste.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@bdizzle2700 I'm going to do this only once for you.

Oh buff is good for sure. The db1 is good for footsies sure but thats kinda it.
the stagger it gives you is a huge benefit and will set up your 50/50s. Maybe they can armor your follow up if they have meter but thats MKX...everyone has armor and can counter even the smallest gap. 112 is great for breaking armor or you can block and punish with huge damage for a 2 bar 51%. Even if they block and you went for 112 db1, you are doing this at minimal risk since your safe.

F4 blade slice can be backdash even though with its range it looks like it shouldn't.
so what? Why is that bad? if you read the back dash do f4 df2 and keep going. You are safe after f4 on block but you don't have to be greedy. f4 is not even his best tool in CT. F2 is better in the fact that it has similar range, leads to full combo, is hit confirmable, and has no gap in f21db1 or f212.

Being -5 is good for for safety but doesnt let him really continue anything.
He really shouldn't get to continue his turn here. Why would you suggest that he should? Everything he does is safe and on hit, he is so plus that he gets 50/50s with no risk.

Your not going to always down poke cause other ppls poke are faster. You can armor but you could use that meter for a bigger damage combo later.
sometimes you will and sometimes you won't. That is fighting fames. If you are -5 and your opponent is waiting for armor, guess what? You get to check them again with another attack.

Also back dash, which is a solid option but slows down ct crazy momentum. Even in the corner with a 50-50 into blade slice can be armored when you attempt another 50-50.
CT thrives in the neutral game His safe options allow him to be patient and choose when to go ham. He is not a pure rush down character and does not want to go ham all the time.

His meterless combos midscreen are Dookie that dont start with f2.
He does chunk damage that sets up huge combos. For example:

b121 is an over head starter but it is also a hard knockdown that is around +20 or so. One dash in and you are right next to your opponent again in 50/50 range. If you hit them, you can now do 40% 1 bar or 51% 2 bar combos. b121 is also 0 on block and +10ish when ex buff cancelled. the low can be left at b31 (+1) or hit confirmed into db1 for another chance at a combo. This lets you out think your opponent and go for big damage once you have set yourself up for it.

His punishes become a bit tighter. What wont punish with 112 or is a tight punish pretty much wont be punished.
112 db1 is a perfectly viable punish and for a bar, 112 ex buff f212 combos are big damage you should be hit confirming. His damage, setups and punishes are among the best in game imo.

I find him a lil too meter hungry. The crazy 50% combos are swag and hella damaging but how often are you going to have 2 bars not use one for armor, just in case.
This is because you are not choosing the right time to go for it. As I stated above, I think you will have more success setting up the 50/50 and going for huge damage when you can hit confirm it. I can;t tell you how many times I have won matches with a pixel because I used 112 ex buff f212 rc 11 db1 112 db1 ex rc b12 ball for 52% when I had less than 10% health left. Kano comeback potential is great and he doesn't have to use meter to set up 50/50s off of his other 50/50s. Sometimes one d4 or one db1 in neutral hitting is all he needs to dominate the match and push you to the corner to end the game.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't most characters poke out of any follow ups to db1 on hit (midscreen)?
no. d4, f4 and f2 will crush pokes. Run in b1 will also crush pokes if done fast enough. b3 might be a little slow but its a huge risk to hit buttons. If you armor, RC 112 will often break or I could just RC block.

Kano is certainly in the advantage after any db1 on hit.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
no. d4, f4 and f2 will crush pokes. Run in b1 will also crush pokes if done fast enough. b3 might be a little slow but its a huge risk to hit buttons. If you armor, RC 112 will often break or I could just RC block.

Kano is certainly in the advantage after any db1 on hit.
Yeah I wasn't saying he isn't an advantage but saying db1 on hit = free 50/50 is a bill iirc

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah I wasn't saying he isn't an advantage but saying db1 on hit = free 50/50 is a bill iirc
no its not a bill. IF you make then respect your plus frames with f2, f4 etc, then your 50/50 becomes real. Also stagger pressure is VERY effective with CT.

f2 is a great tic both on block and hit. On hit you get another 50/50 and your totally safe on block. Often people are late pushing buttons after f2 while waiting for the rest of the string.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
@bdizzle2700 I'm going to do this only once for you.

Oh buff is good for sure. The db1 is good for footsies sure but thats kinda it.
the stagger it gives you is a huge benefit and will set up your 50/50s. Maybe they can armor your follow up if they have meter but thats MKX...everyone has armor and can counter even the smallest gap. 112 is great for breaking armor or you can block and punish with huge damage for a 2 bar 51%. Even if they block and you went for 112 db1, you are doing this at minimal risk since your safe.

F4 blade slice can be backdash even though with its range it looks like it shouldn't.
so what? Why is that bad? if you read the back dash do f4 df2 and keep going. You are safe after f4 on block but you don't have to be greedy. f4 is not even his best tool in CT. F2 is better in the fact that it has similar range, leads to full combo, is hit confirmable, and has no gap in f21db1 or f212.

Being -5 is good for for safety but doesnt let him really continue anything.
He really shouldn't get to continue his turn here. Why would you suggest that he should? Everything he does is safe and on hit, he is so plus that he gets 50/50s with no risk.

Your not going to always down poke cause other ppls poke are faster. You can armor but you could use that meter for a bigger damage combo later.
sometimes you will and sometimes you won't. That is fighting fames. If you are -5 and your opponent is waiting for armor, guess what? You get to check them again with another attack.

Also back dash, which is a solid option but slows down ct crazy momentum. Even in the corner with a 50-50 into blade slice can be armored when you attempt another 50-50.
CT thrives in the neutral game His safe options allow him to be patient and choose when to go ham. He is not a pure rush down character and does not want to go ham all the time.

His meterless combos midscreen are Dookie that dont start with f2.
He does chunk damage that sets up huge combos. For example:

b121 is an over head starter but it is also a hard knockdown that is around +20 or so. One dash in and you are right next to your opponent again in 50/50 range. If you hit them, you can now do 40% 1 bar or 51% 2 bar combos. b121 is also 0 on block and +10ish when ex buff cancelled. the low can be left at b31 (+1) or hit confirmed into db1 for another chance at a combo. This lets you out think your opponent and go for big damage once you have set yourself up for it.

His punishes become a bit tighter. What wont punish with 112 or is a tight punish pretty much wont be punished.
112 db1 is a perfectly viable punish and for a bar, 112 ex buff f212 combos are big damage you should be hit confirming. His damage, setups and punishes are among the best in game imo.

I find him a lil too meter hungry. The crazy 50% combos are swag and hella damaging but how often are you going to have 2 bars not use one for armor, just in case.
This is because you are not choosing the right time to go for it. As I stated above, I think you will have more success setting up the 50/50 and going for huge damage when you can hit confirm it. I can;t tell you how many times I have won matches with a pixel because I used 112 ex buff f212 rc 11 db1 112 db1 ex rc b12 ball for 52% when I had less than 10% health left. Kano comeback potential is great and he doesn't have to use meter to set up 50/50s off of his other 50/50s. Sometimes one d4 or one db1 in neutral hitting is all he needs to dominate the match and push you to the corner to end the game.
Aite fair enough. I look forword to seeing more ct.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Fair. Like i think ct is solid. But not so damn good as ppl make him out to be. When he gets going hits hard and cam get stupid. When hes playing D or has no bar hes whatever. Thats all im saying in the end. Not a glass cannon but needs too much set up for my taste.
He has a low profile 8f poke which is fine, and on top of that he has a backdash that actually get shim out of shit, which the vast majority of the cast don't. He's a little slow on the poke department, but his backdash makes up for it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
We have to see how the rest/new DLC turns out first.

Because to judge a tier you need to judge it by MUs.

Let's say Char Y is A+ tier and has 3 losing MUs (A, B, Z) and Char Z is S tier and has 2 losing MUs (C, D)

Now look at this way, if Char A and B get nerfed to no longer being a losing MU for Y, that now means Char Y is better than char Z even though Y still loses to Z as it has more favourable MU's.
Does it mean Y is now S tier? Well that depends on the scale of the other chars and how big of the gap in between to determine if there still needs to be an S tier .

But in anyway my point is even with the buffs Kano has he can be better (or worst) depending on the fate of the other chars :p

But to somewhat join in the speculation I have a feeling Kano is going have a dominant presence this time around.
I'll also speculate Cutthroat will be his best and Cyber will still be his least but no where near bad by any means as Kano is one of the few to model the variation system to its full effect.

But we will see, no harm speculating I'm just given my view on how tiers do/should work.

Fake Edit: Damn reading what I write back had my brain doing flips lol

Last edited: