What's new

Question - Kano With the new changes...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think Cutthroat could be a top 10 variation, that Commando is probably A+ tier now and Cybernetic getting nothing is really only going to send it down the tier list if anything but I still don't think he's B. But this is all preemptive and we'll see what happens.
All variations of Kano are too good at the moment. Expect nerfs. I'm serious, sadly. I'll laugh if Kano stays this way.
You think Cybernetic is too good right now and that it needs nerfs? Really? I honestly feel it's going to struggle with others getting buffed and him getting nothing. Thanks to the backdash nerf it's actually a little harder keeping people away. Yeah breakers remove the other persons stamina too but that does nothing because people never needed stamina to approach him in the first place. I don't feel his zoning, at least his knives anyway, is/are enough of a worry to be nerfworthy. I would however like to get your opinion on why you feel that way though in case I'm missing something which is why I ask.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Cybernetic can put people on edge easier because an actual timer exists. Now we can actually play a waiting game when we have a lead because they have to come to us no matter what. You probably do not understand how detrimental not having a clock was to this variation. Imagine if Guile didnt have a clock. He could throw sonic booms all day and nobody would care because they have all the time in the world to get in once and kill him.

He also has a 2 frame instant overhead option. A safe get off me with EX up ball and so on.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I keep forgetting the timer actually matters now. Good point, that's huge for zoners and turtley characters
People are just used to the fact that everything had to end in a KO in this game. That's not the case anymore. Sub Zero got an ice clone AND a clock now. Blood God has like 200% life AND a clock now. It changes things

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
That's like the whole reason you can play lame in Street Fighter, Tekken, Mahvel or any game where you can time out with more health. War of attrition baby!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have not tried to use the timer like that yet but I can see why it's a big deal.

I played cyber today for a while and cutthroat and found them very effective.

I couldn't be more happy with Kano right now. Nerfs? Ehhhhhhh I can't see that yet but I like it.

I also love my sun god and my dragons fire.

I'm loving this game right now

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
well in MKXL commando version is not too OP like in beta so commando A, cybernetic A because both was nerfed : B1 -9 B1,2 around -8
cutthroat probably A or A+ but risky in many MU's so I say A because it will be much better pick cyber or commando for many MU

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Cybernetic is a, F--. Paulo was placed on Double Secret Probation for this
Commando is a C-. Paulo, while still on Double Secret Probation, did better with this variation
Cutthroat is an H*. How me made this variation so unplayably horrible is beyond human comprehension. Paulo was sent to the deepest pits of New Jersey for what can be described as nothing less than a "Violation of Human Decency"

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Cybernetic is a, F--. Paulo was placed on Double Secret Probation for this
Commando is a C-. Paulo, while still on Double Secret Probation, did better with this variation
Cutthroat is an H*. How me made this variation so unplayably horrible is beyond human comprehension. Paulo was sent to the deepest pits of New Jersey for what can be described as nothing less than a "Violation of Human Decency"
Lol.

He's not that bad. Honestly I think the updater change is kinda meh but I find I'm winning more match ups now with people fearing oh ball that there forgotten is beautiful pokes and fantastic footsies games.

And those fundamentals go across every variation.

He's not bad. But we should still voice and opinion loud enough for nrs too hear.

Respectfully off course.