What's new

With MK11 aftermath the greatest mk11 mystery will be solved...

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was wondering about that the other day. Maybe it’s a placeholder for something else they’ll had in single player wise?

Art Lean

Noob
A couple of my characters augments selections are already so ridiculously overpowered (D’vorah’s stacked fatal blow augments can already destroy any boss tower with ease from a full health bar) that in being given a third slot this will be a borderline God Mode for the Towers of Time.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don’t really find augments that interesting. Almost wish Towers of Time weren’t so easy so that I would rely on augments more.
Controversial opinion: Towers weren’t really that bad at launch, most people just didn’t take the time to figure out how to run them effectively and efficiently and knee-jerk’d. Same thing win the Krypt, I bought up most of the base Krypt before the changed things, I was super confused by how much trouble other people were having with it.

I had fun taking my time and having to think about the challenges. Then it just turned into a cakewalk with less satisfaction.

At least the hard mode option exists.

Art Lean

Noob
Controversial opinion: Towers weren’t really that bad at launch, most people just didn’t take the time to figure out how to run them effectively and efficiently and knee-jerk’d. Same thing win the Krypt, I bought up most of the base Krypt before the changed things, I was super confused by how much trouble other people were having with it.

I had fun taking my time and having to think about the challenges. Then it just turned into a cakewalk with less satisfaction.

With many of them, even on brutal you can breeze through with konsumables without even fighting.

Combine a big Shard of Life with Special Forces radio and thats 99% of all fights won just flicking the right stick.

I’d love to try the original pre-patch towers again to see how difficult they would be now that I understand how augments and konsumables work.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
With many of them, even on brutal you can breeze through with konsumables without even fighting.

Combine a big Shard of Life with Special Forces radio and thats 99% of all fights won just flicking the right stick.

I’d love to try the original pre-patch towers again to see how difficult they would be now that I understand how augments and konsumables work.
I think this age of quick microtransactions and instant unlocks has ruined people.

Like I was so happy with that return to legitimate challenge, actual worthwhile unlockable content, and a good chunky list to tick off with the Krypt as I took my time.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.

I think the lack of any/good augments and little to no konsumables at the start played a factor into that too. But the rewards and such sucked for the towers on release, same with the after battle rewards. It was a lot more grindy than it needed to be and everybody was lost and clueless on how to unlock most skins and gears. I much prefer the way we have it now, no need to make a fighting game have a mobile game grind.

I think the lack of any/good augments and little to no konsumables at the start played a factor into that too. But the rewards and such sucked for the towers on release, same with the after battle rewards. It was a lot more grindy than it needed to be and everybody was lost and clueless on how to unlock most skins and gears. I much prefer the way we have it now, no need to make a fighting game have a mobile game grind.
They should have made augments and konsumbles of your choice purchasable with the in game currency. I’d finally have use for all those hearts. Seems like a non brainer. Killer instinct does something like this in their single player mode and it’s a lot more satisfying. Towers of time might be worth revamping in Afternath. There is potential in it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maybe that's the slot for Edenian augments!
That's what I thought, too, that eventually we'd get the return of Edenia when the game was 100% fleshed out and opened up. It's one of the reasons I've stayed holding out hope that the game would get better and EVENTUALLY someone would explain what the hell we'd just seen happen in the story.
Pretty sure someone told me I was silly for thinking they'd ever make DLC story content to expand upon it.

Box wins a dollar.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies

I think you're forgetting how busted the towers were. Homing missiles that would constantly spawn so as soon as one rocket exploded another would appear. Hailstorm mod resulting in perma frozen status. The CPU would use more modifiers at one time so you had shit like wind pushing you away while being pelted with bo rai cho farts and rockets that would flip your controls. Boss health was insane compared to what it is now (capped at 1500 I think which means previous bosses were what, 2000? 3000? yikes). It really was nuts.

I agree that what we know now of the augment system and with fairly robust inventories of modifiers at our disposal, you could probably beat them (especially with broken shit like Baraka's Cold Start/Furious combo). But A) there was no way people were doing that at launch, you'd never be able to hang in the towers long enough to put together a good set of augments or collect a decent arsenal of modifiers. Way too frustrating. And B) I personally think the Towers should be tuned to be just this side of doable without using any modifiers. If you're really good and play smart, you should be able to beat a Boss without 4 overlapping modifiers propping you up. Otherwise, if you need Turn off all weather effects entire tower/Regen health/Bo fart/Laser beam for a fight and have to basically hold block and flick the R stick the entire time, that's not even really playing the game. That's just watching shit happen on screen.