What's new

Wireless connection problems

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The problem is that i cannot connect to mk online when using cable connection to my router. It works with any other game but mk just stops at "connecting to lobby" screen. If i connect wirelessly it works but then my connection is shit (dunno why to be honest) and I cant play without a major lag and disconnects all the time. Tried searching for a sollution online but could not seem to find one. Please guys help, this shit is totaly killing my mk experience. Thx in advance

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
This is strange. I've been playing this game hardlined since it's release. But I recently got COX internet and dropped my Century Link. Now all my other games play like a dream, but MK turns my screen into a giant .gif of Connecting to Lobby. Maybe it's COX internet that causes this problem? Sucks since I primarily bought the new internet to play MK online more.

I can't really understand what is happening since your description is vague, but I would venture to say it may be the routers firewall causing the issues. You have two options, open/forward the specific ports Sony recomends, or if your router has a upnp feature use that instead. When the ps3 communicates with the router the router will allow access and open any port the ps3 needs open automatically without the need to open or forward anything.