What's new

[WIP]HORDE COMBAT - Free open resource 3D fighting fantasy game

How do you feel about this idea?

• Great! I wish to play it asap!

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Nah! It's not potential.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Today, we are proud to announce the project HORDE COMBAT, a free open resource 3D fighting fantasy game. It is the war between five races in Myth-earth:

Human: Wizard, Assassin, Barbarian…
Ogre: Orgk, Troll, Goblin…
Reptile: Dragon, Dinosaur, Lizardman…
Dwarf: Halfling, Gnome, Midget…
Elf: High Elf, Wild Elf, True Elf…

At the moment, there are some clips about the gameplay here

I really want to hear comments from you all.

For more information, please visit http://hordecombat.com/

Humans are haughty
They conquered Myth-earth
The other races
Allied together
Defeated human
Just decade of peace
The war has begun
Forever again

In the first season of this game, humans have been exiled from Myth-earth. So they will not appear in this version.
The storyline will go around 11 characters:

Rikky - Crazy Horbich

Halfling race

Kuru - High Orc

Orge race

Dorthros - Two-heads Dragon

Reptile race

Thorlin - Ice Dwarf

Dwarf race

Iraes - Trueborn Elf

Elf race

Kane - Centaur Duird

Centaur race

Lusife - Hellman

Oni race

Shirel - Silent Mermaid

Mermaid race

We are working hard on the first playable demo, I wish I could publish it before 1/1/2016.

Brace yourself, horde is coming!

Here are last three characters.
Shrall - Tigerman

Beastman race

Kairi - Dark Angel

Angel race

Jack - Blind Titan

Titan race

The name of this game is HORDE COMBAT, its meaning is not only about a chaos battle, it is also the abbreviation of eleven races is this fantasy game:
- Halfling
- Ogre
- Reptile
- Dwarf
- Elf
- Centaur
- Oni (means Demon in Japanese)
- Mermaid
- Beastman
- Angel
- Titan

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't really know about this. But good luck!!!! Hopefully you and your team end up making something you guys really enjoy. Is there a website?

Thanks for your comments!

I'm just a geek who loves fighting video game and fantasy theme. And I just wonder why there isn't any game about them two.

So I found Bootleg and Weaponlord.

I'm really excited, then I decided to start this free open resource game. I could say that this is a community project, a non-profit project.

It's focus on PC (Windows and Linux) and Mobile, so the button system will be very simple (4 buttons: High attack, Mid attack, Low attack, Grab). I will update more information about gameplay here.

I'm using UFE 3D as the game engine, and we are adding a lot of effect as modern fighting game: blood effect, distortion space effect, motion trail effect, cloth and hair simulation, boob and butt jiggle...

I've been studying and working in game development for 8 years, so I could estimate the risk of this project. I hope that each month we could finish a character.
Our team has two mans: me and my little brother, we are both game programmers (I'm also 3D animator and game producer).

Edit: Yes, I will increase the animation speed.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Thanks for your comments!

I'm just a geek who loves fighting video game and fantasy theme. And I just wonder why there isn't any game about them two.

So I found Bootleg and Weaponlord.

I'm really excited, then I decided to start this free open resource game. I could say that this is a community project, a non-profit project.

It's focus on PC (Windows and Linux) and Mobile, so the button system will be very simple (4 buttons: High attack, Mid attack, Low attack, Grab). I will update more information about gameplay here.

I'm using UFE 3D as the game engine, and we are adding a lot of effect as modern fighting game: blood effect, distortion space effect, motion trail effect, cloth and hair simulation, boob and butt jiggle...

I've been studying and working in game development for 8 years, so I could estimate the risk of this project. I hope that each month we could finish a character.
Our team has two mans: me and my little brother, we are both game programmers (I'm also 3D animator and game producer).

Edit: Yes, I will increase the animation speed.
I´m a developer aswell, but i´m still studying IT (i´m almost finished though). I´m always interested in developing stuff like this.
The only games i produced tho where tasks at school and university. Nothing special and they cover just the fundamentals.

i don´t like mobile games at all, why do all games have to be on a mobile phone? Keeping a game simple doesn´t mean it is bad, the engine looks pretty interesting. Don´t you use UE4 because the UFE3D is specialized on fighting games?

UFE 3D support mobile platform so well, then I have a plan porting this game to mobile in 2017. Gaming on mobile will catch up PC in next several years.
As a free project, this game need to serve as mush as possible. PC and mobile development are easier than console, so I focus on them first.

I use Unity (not Unreal) because there are so much cheap components on Unity Asset Store. They save me a lot of time.
For example, I use this package for boob jiggle
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16743

Thank you! Chaos Breaker is really good for reference.
------------------------
We are adding weapon trail effect, hit effect, sound effect ...
Many people complaint that the animations are slow, so I increased the animation speed up to 140%.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I'm a developer myself, and my lord, I know how hard it is to actually finish making a game. It looks like you've already put a lot of work into the art assets alone, so bravo.

Best of luck with this project!!!

@Skkra I want to make clear here. I do not create models from scratch.
Those models are royalty free, I bought them from Unity Asset Store.

As a game producer, I have to make sure we could finish this game. Modeling could cost a lot of money and time, and we still have to create animation too.

For example, this is a simple jump kick animation we are working

This is a free and open resource game. But we only open what resource we made (animation, game balancing...).

Yes, tomorrow I will update the UI.
-----------------------------
Here is the test of Elf's Fire Kick, I will add more details later so it could look like Mortal Kombat

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Every character, other than Rikky, seems to just be a fantasy archetype. Poor model quality is excusable if the characters are unique and designed well.

Too be completely honest, Rikky looks like she was created by someone else entirely.

For a game like this, good designs can be your saving grace.

haketh

Noob
Every character, other than Rikky, seems to just be a fantasy archetype. Poor model quality is excusable if the characters are unique and designed well.

Too be completely honest, Rikky looks like she was created by someone else entirely.

For a game like this, good designs can be your saving grace.
They're all from the Unity Store

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I agree with buying the models from the Unity store. For a first foray into the genre, creating the art assets can be by far the most costly and time consuming part

Particularly for a small dev team, your resources need to be dedicated to the gameplay and system itself.

@StealthyMuffin : Yes, gameplay with fighting style is my main concern now. Eleven characters MUST have unique styles, fun, balance...
If this game could survive, and people like it, in season 2 I may invest for remodeling them all (trust me, I live in Vietnam, and 3D model outsourcing is very cheap here).
"Open resource" means we publish what we made, include code, animation (in source file .blend so everyone could reuse in their own project with other game engine like Unreal). Of course, we couldn't publish what we bought.

I want to explain more about the game idea here:
- The fire breathing skill is anti-air move. It is quite slow and unblockable, so it could be used for defending or initiate another combo. For dodging, opponent must crouch, only Titan still get hit because of his large size. Although Dwarf and Halfling couldn't crouch, this move still wouldn't hit them (except they jump up). Centaur couldn't crouch too, but he is in normal height, so he will be hit easily (he has to dash back, so Orgk will have a chance to send a kick right at his face).
- The dash and stomp skills are unblockable too, so opponent must jump away to dodge these moves, opponent's height doesn't affect in this case.
- Orgk is strong at close range, for balancing, his far range moves and projectiles consume a lot gauge points.

In this game's philosophy, size and movement style do matter, each race each character has pros and cons. I don't want to let a race could counter entirely any specific race.
For example, Angel could fly with wings, so in normal idle state of flying stance (like stances in Tekken 3), she is in mid air and her feet do not land at ground, therefore she would dodge low attacks like crouching sweep kick easily, she will gain advantage over short races like Halfling and Drawf . But, in this stance, she couldn't crouch immediately, so some characters with long range attack could throw a ton of fun to her. For example, Rikky The Halfling would use her gunaxes for shooting Angel like a bird.
Centaur has 4 legs of horse, he can walk, run, jump so fast, but horse couldn't run backward smoothly or crouch instantly. So he will have a back stance, can attack with his two back legs and run or dash backward more efficiently.
Mermaid is just a walking fish, she don't have ability to jump like a frog, but she might summon a tide to bring her in the air like a whale (these skills just cost a small amount of gauge points ).

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
this looks like it can be a lot of fun! however dont take all our praise as a you should be settled, there have been far too many people that make and show off a concept, people like it, and then they just become satisfied with the product and stop developing and release it when it isnt even close to finished, reach for the stars man, keep working at it, make something TRULY special that YOU will be proud to say that you developed this game. as well as making people proud to own it and pariticpate in a game such as this. also you should add a spooky acary skeleton whos taunt is a kozac dance while he juggles his head. that would be incredible and would be my instant main :rolleyes: