What's new

Winter Brawl Reminders

Noob
First and Foremost, Do not forget:

Secondly:

Location of the Winter Brawl Complain Department:

Feel Free to log as many complaints as you'd like, however, re-entry to the tournament is NOT GUARANTEED.

MK at Winter Brawl will be handled very differently than it was at NEC.

Ok players if you entering 2012, Umvc3, tekken tag 2, mk9, p4A and kof13, we will be taking registration for those games from 8am-12pm, after 12pm if your not in the line you will not be in the tournament SORRY.

This must happen this way for everything to run on time.

Remember you can pre-reg Friday night at the main ballroom door from 8pm - 11pm

SO IF YOU KNOW YOUR ALWAYS LATE, THAN YOU NEED TO PRE-REG ONLINE ASAP.

www.bigegaming.com
THIS MEANS MK9 STARTS AT 1PM!

Now to make some things clear.

PRE-REGISTER

Let me repeat

PRE-REGISTER!!!!!

Save, time, money and make the lives of the TO's easier. It's the fastest way to ensure getting one of my wife's cookies or brownies!

Once we have a confirmed start time for MK9, here is what is planned.

-Pools will be run 2 at a time, with 1 1/2 to 2 hours set aside for each SET of pools. This means it should take no more than 8 hours to run down to top 16.

-Times for pools will be set up, players will know their pools once they are made and brackets created. This will happen AFTER registration is completed and Shock and myself have received the final player list.

-ONLY Shock and myself will be involved in the creation of the pools and brackets. Other staff may be present, but if any other staff is involved involved in pool/bracket creation... that Staff Member WILL NOT be playing in the MK9 tournament so that we eliminate any conflict of interest.

DO NOT FORGET THAT rsiegel28, aka, The Kombat Nazi, will be there. Please be aware of "The Rules":

-Does not compete in MK9 but knows the players.

-Does not care who wins, nor could he give two you know whats.

-Looks at this as a job, not a hobby. Point A to Point B. Get in the way and get run over.

-Takes a little sinister pleasure in seeing irresponsible players get DQ'd.

-The only Bias he has is toward people who are late without a valid reason(playing in another tournament)

-Piss Breaks, Food runs, and other breaks: Be responsible. Know you may have to play at a moment's notice when your pool is running. Disappear and risk DQ. You are not a child, you are a tournament player and expected to be responsible for yourself. I am not your father and I will not hold your hand and walk you to your matches. Be there, because I don't care.

-Unruly, disruptive, and disrespectful players will not be tolerated. Trash talk is fine. Screw with my ability to get efficiently from Point A to Point B and I will make it impossible for you to advance efficiently in the tournament. If you threaten another player with physical harm, I will put my foot so far up your ass I will wear you as a shoe. This is your only warning on this: make another player's life hell and yours will become worse.

-Register on time for the tournament. If you cannot make it by the time your pool begins, expect to be DQ'd. Do not expect me or any other Staff member to hold a spot for you in the tournament because you can't make it in time for the start of the tournament.

-Do not complain about seeding or bracket placement. You're welcome to walk out the door. I do not care one way or the other. The complaint department is located in the parking lot of the venue. Vent your frustrations there, not to me because it only makes my job easier to get from A to B without the extra player. You have been warned.

-Do not demand to play on stream. This is the easiest way to be sure that the only stream time you will get is if you happen to make top 8.

-If there is a problem with a setup, tell me. My ability to care about your problem is based entirely on your ability to open your mouth respectfully. Be a dick and your setup won't be a priority, be nice and I'll handle it. Point is, tell me. If you don't then you complain, your problem, not mine. If you lost because you didn't speak up, then you deserved to lose.

-Report your scores. This is not difficult. This is the basic premise of anything competitive, there is one winner and one loser. If I do not know who won by the time you are holding up my tournament, I will randomly DQ one of the players from that match and DQ the other player from his next match without thinking about it. There will be no arguing this. Want to avoid this? Take 5 seconds to report your score.

-Practice good personal hygiene. Shower and deodorize. Bring deodorant with you. If you stink, I will ask you to produce your deodorant and use it in front of me. This will resolve the issue without further incident. If you do not have the deodorant with you, I will have deodorant and Febreeze which you will be forced to use. If you refuse the deodorant, I will personally Febreeze you. Said deodorant and Febreeze will be a straight up trade for a loss. If this DQ's you from the tournament, so be it. Don't be a stinky ass and you'll be fine.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
IMO....you should continue to let guys like STH make brackets. NEC was very well balanced I thought. The only problem was that day 2 pool mess. I would feel a lot more comfortable with the powers that have been. I just want to know how well you two know of the players in the different scenes?

Just my 2 cents, not trying to complain lol I am sure everything will turn out great. Thanks guys!

Noob
IMO....you should continue to let guys like STH make brackets. NEC was very well balanced I thought. The only problem was that day 2 pool mess. I would feel a lot more comfortable with the powers that have been. I just want to know how well you two know of the players in the different scenes?

Just my 2 cents, not trying to complain lol I am sure everything will turn out great. Thanks guys!
I don't look at it as complaining, but if STH wants to play, then he won't be involved in pool/bracket creation.

You need not worry about our knowledge of players in different areas/scenes. We've been doing this a LONG time...since before MK9 even existed... we'll get the pools/brackets right.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...Please be aware of "The Rules":
...I am not your father and I will not hold your hand and walk you to your matches. Be there, because I don't care.
...If you threaten another player with physical harm, I will put my foot so far up your ass I will wear you as a shoe.
...Do not complain about seeding or bracket placement. You're welcome to walk out the door. I do not care one way or the other. The complaint department is located in the parking lot of the venue.
... I will have deodorant and Febreeze which you will be forced to use. If you refuse the deodorant, I will personally Febreeze you.
These are the best rules I ever read. :D .