What's new

Winter Brawl in Philadelphia - February 26th and 27th, 2011 UMK3, MKvDC & MKII

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Originally posted here:

http://shoryuken.com/f7/gvn-winter-brawl-wb-philly-feb-26th-27th-2011-mvc3-$500-pot-bonus-258339/

We're looking to host UMK3, MKII, MKvDC, and Killer Instinct at Winter Brawl 5 in Philly

UMK3 preliminary "guest list" (not actual sign ups) based on players who generally show and said they intend to be there:

1. Marvirrasta
2. Crazy Dominican
3. REO
4. OJuggernautO
5. DC Hustle
6. NoDoubt
7. Summoning
8. Shock
9. iloveu LI Joe
10. 9.95
11. AC1984
12. Dave2J
13. Julian Robinson
14. Dark Rob
15. Sweet Johnny Cage
16. Kazi
17. Comeback Kyle
18. Tom Brady
19. STORMS
20. BlueIX
21. JeRon
22. Check
23. DanCock
24. Hubbs
25. VDO
26. Professor_Rouse
27. Snake
28. r0kzztar
29. Tim Static?
30. Throwerrr?
31. Moe30W?
32. DreemerNJ?

MKII guest list:

1. btbb99
2. David GEM
3. Dookiebrain
4. REO
5. summ0ning
6. Kazi
7. Steve N
8. 9.95
9. BlueNine
10. Jeron
11. AC1984
12. DanCock
13. Shock
14. Dark Rob
15. Julian Robinson
16. DreemerNJ?

MKvDC:

1. Tom Brady
2. REO
3. Check
4. Storms
5. DanCock
6. THTB
7. Kazi
8. Jago
9. OJuggernautO
10. Riu

Anyone who wants to be thrown on any of the lists if they think they have a decent chance of making it out or if I just happened to miss a name, let me know or if they can't also let me know so I can take your name off the list. By mid January I want to shape up some legit sign ups.

Me and REO were talking and we really should have a MKT side tournament. We of course would have to make some rules including banning some characters, but the rules should be easy to enforce. I recommend doing 3v3 as the staple.

Some good ideas for UMK3 side tournaments would be, 2v2 and team tournaments.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would never run an N64 MKT tournament, the game is just too different. 2v2 would be acceptable format default for PSX. It's hard to say what I'd like to see happen. For example the speed of MKT can be reduced to UMK3 speed via emulator, but I don't know if everyone would like that, it would make it more reasonable for UMK3 players and plenty of MKT players are use to UMK3 speed. Banning Bosses is a must, banning Noob and Rain, I mean we could run a single tournament with them allowed just see if Noob and Rain still are supreme.

I've been dying to run some UMK3 2vs2 tournaments using the 2 on 2 feature, with all players connected simultaneously. We've played like this many many times, but never run a tournament with it.

I would never run an N64 MKT tournament, the game is just too different. 2v2 would be acceptable format default for PSX. It's hard to say what I'd like to see happen. For example the speed of MKT can be reduced to UMK3 speed via emulator, but I don't know if everyone would like that, it would make it more reasonable for UMK3 players and plenty of MKT players are use to UMK3 speed. Banning Bosses is a must, banning Noob and Rain, I mean we could run a single tournament with them allowed just see if Noob and Rain still are supreme.
Well it doesn't have to be N64 MKT. I say leave the speed as is though. Def ban bosses and Noob and Rain. I don't know if the MK2 characters in the PSX version are broken, I've only ever played the N64 version.

I've been dying to run some UMK3 2vs2 tournaments using the 2 on 2 feature, with all players connected simultaneously. We've played like this many many times, but never run a tournament with it.
Oh you mean like 2v2 with each character being controlled by a different person? You can do that?

NoDoubt

nasty
nah i said id try deff....but yea ill do my best to be there. schools gonna be a hell house tho

isnt sugar goin?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You should use MKT for PC. If you run it from DOSBox, you should have no problems doing it fullscreen. And if you run Xpadder in the background, you can use ANY controller you want as long as the OS recognizes it. NO load times!!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You should use MKT for PC. If you run it from DOSBox, you should have no problems doing it fullscreen. And if you run Xpadder in the background, you can use ANY controller you want as long as the OS recognizes it. NO load times!!
I'll definitely consider it if we have time on Saturday.

And Arion, that's what the part in the original post where I said "intend" to be there meant. ;)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Excellent KB. Can't wait.

Tim. Talk to me buddy, what's the situation, AIM or phone it.

Who else is hype for Winter Brawl? Cause I'm hype. Are you? This is going to be the star power shine time UMK3 tournament for early in the year and we need to ride the wave of WCW right into it.

Definitely need to get an updated list for all games though folks, need to post it up on SRK.

Besides the list of confirmed players posted on TYM, what is the actual confirmed list of players? Hopefully we can get more than 30 for UMK3. We should try and beat our number from NECXI. ;)

Also, I still have that extra MK9 fatality shirt to giveaway as well...

33 players for UMK3 so far!!! MORE, MORE, MORE???

UMK3
1. STORMS
2. AC1984
3. Tim Static
4. DanCock
5. Tom Brady
6. THTB
7. Dark Rob
8. 9.95
9. REO
10. DC Hustle
11. Professor_Rouse
12. OJuggernautO
13. Andrew Ryan (RISSING)
14. Krayzie Bone
15. ViciousShogun
16. DC Hustle
17. REYTHEGREAT
18. Marvirrasta
19. Crazy Dominican
20. Shock
21. Summoning
22. SweetJohnnyCage
23. Dave2J
24. Julian
25. LI Joe
26. Kazi
27. Comeback Kyle
28. Hubbs
29. BlueIX
30. Check
31. Snake
32. Professor Rouse
33. r0kzztar

btw I combined our "already" list with SRK's.*

Hopefully, I'm not forgetting anyone.

If 75% of that list turns out, this could be the most stacked UMK3 tourney in a long time. Other than missing Moe/Throwerr/Lex, the rest of that lineup is filled with the top tier of UMK.

I'm hyped and I'm not even able to go.

If 75% of that list turns out, this could be the most stacked UMK3 tourney in a long time. Other than missing Moe/Throwerr/Lex, the rest of that lineup is filled with the top tier of UMK.

I'm hyped and I'm not even able to go.
NECXI had 30 UMK3 players... I think that has been the biggest to date... or at least I think that's what Shock said.

Yeah, I think NECXI and SB were definitely the two biggest in a long time as far as size of the tourney and talent involved.

I think this could be even bigger if all those names show up.