What's new

Breakthrough Wing Evading While Blocking a String

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Thanks bro, that's an amazing discovery. As soon as I can I'll try out every strings to see which one you can wing evade and punish safely.

I'm so glad GL's b13 and b12 are punishable.

GGA Max

Thanks bro, that's an amazing discovery. As soon as I can I'll try out every strings to see which one you can wing evade and punish safely.

I'm so glad GL's b13 and b12 are punishable.
Sweet! I'll add whatever you find to the OP.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Sweet! I'll add whatever you find to the OP.
Couldn't play yet but here's a list of moves I'll be able to/anybody will be able to try we2 against, took it from a joker topic about parrying during some strings on Finish-him.com, the - shows where you should be able to we2 reversal punish:

Aquaman
112-3
F1-32

Ares
22-3

Bane
B2-1

Batman
11-3

Black Adam
1-3
22-3

Catwoman
Impossible to parry

Cyborg
1-1
1-12
1-13

Deathstroke
Impossible to parry

Doomsday
12-3
B1-3
12-3

Flash
F21-3

Green Arrow
Impossible to parry

Green Lantern
B1-2
B1-3
F2-D1
F2-D13

Harley Quinn
Tantrum Stance - Kartwheel

Hawkgirl
12-B3
F1-1
F1-3

Joker
Impossible to parry.

Killer Frost
Impossible to parry.

Lex Luthor
11-3

Nightwing
Escrima
11-2
Staff
Impossible to parry.

Raven
22-3

Shazam
2-2

Sinestro
B2-B3

Solomon Grundy
F12-2
F22-3
3-3
D2-3

Superman
Impossible to parry.

Wonderwoman
Lasso Stance
3-3
Sword Stance
11-2

GGA Max

I'm making a flashy, polished, classy video guide for this info! Started on it today! And yes...this is huge.
Yes, hopefully after this there will be more than 10 HG players on this forum :D

Btw, can you also include like d1 xx special? I can help you film anything you need in online practice mode.

GGA Max

2,2(gap)3. What's worse is the 2nd hit is completely duckable by smaller hitbox characters...ugh...
Yeah man, that string is kinda weak in general since it doesn't launch and has that gap and what you just mentioned. I guess it's in there because the first hit is a mid with decent range.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yeah man, that string is kinda weak in general since it doesn't launch and has that gap and what you just mentioned. I guess it's in there because the first hit is a mid with decent range.
The reason I still use it because 2 is +2 on block, but even then it pushes back so I can't maintain pressure unless in the corner...not that I want to be rushing down in the first place.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The reason I still use it because 2 is +2 on block, but even then it pushes back so I can't maintain pressure unless in the corner...not that I want to be rushing down in the first place.
No you do want to rush down...she has a great offensive ground game...then retreat to the air...they will go nuts.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
No you do want to rush down...she has a great offensive ground game...then retreat to the air...they will go nuts.
Even then, I have to be careful not to mash buttons in pressure situations due to a good chunk of moves that give enough advantage for B2 mixups, not to mention that she is so safe.

Couldn't play yet but here's a list of moves I'll be able to/anybody will be able to try we2 against, took it from a joker topic about parrying during some strings on Finish-him.com, the - shows where you should be able to we2 reversal punish:
Hm, tried to do it a few times against Harley's Tantrum > Kartwheel, but I just couldn't get it to work.
(Note: this was in a loser's finals match on the fly, so maybe it just takes practice)