What's new

Will MK10 have a decent Online ranking system?

Do you think MK10 or any NRS Fighter should have a more traditional FG Ranking system?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
With each game they better and better Online, both Content and Performance.

but there's one thing that always baffled me, Ranked mode, In both games Ranked mode did nothing different from what i seen.
Yes i know Injustice had a level up mode, thats completely different, you can do that both online and offline and they both act as the one.

im talking More Tekken, Street Fighter, and now even Killer Instinct types of Ranking systems,
where it would have either grades (E,D,C,B,A,A+)
or more name based (9-1 Kyu, 1-9 Dan, Master, Grandmaster etc)

even make their own unique names (Student ,Novice, Warrior, King, Elder) or something like that

the reason why i love this is that the ranking name means something,
the fact that you could also get demoted is what makes it so good, so you have to constantly be on your game
(Yes i know Lags a Factor, but each game they get better, they can do what Tekken did and match some 1 based at similar connection as yours to minimize lag, unless your laggy yourself lol)

Now as i said i know lags a factor but lets ignore that for now,

Right say you went to a tournament and somebody new came in and told yu that his Injustice Level is 78, you would laugh because it doesn't mean shit.

i know offline and online are different but if it was Street fighter and he told you he's rank A, it would at least give you an idea that he knows how to play and may be good.

i think they can have 2 modes, one for the Casual and one for the more committed,
The Casual one being like Injustice one lvl up both on and offline, never get demoted,
and more hardcore one would be the ranking one, like higher up you go the harder it is to become Promoted the easier it is become Demoted, something with a challenge.

kinda like how did League play in COD:Blops 2 if anyone knows it.

In anyway, as said do you think MK10 or any NRS Fighter should have a more traditional FG Ranking system?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Don't care about rankings just hope the netcode is finally good
Did you not Think Injustice was a huge step up from MK? when i play people close to me and wired its almost offline smooth,,,, but when it play someone laggy it really lags

187x

Noob
Did you not Think Injustice was a huge step up from MK? when i play people close to me and wired its almost offline smooth,,,, but when it play someone laggy it really lags
is a little better then mk9's imo. But it still sucks compare to like Capcom or Tekken.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't care for it, I just want godlike netcode. Like.... Tekken godlike...
In all honesty, I thought Tekken's netcode wasn't that great at all.

Tbh, ranking systems generally suck. The more pressing question is the netcode. IGAU is better than MK9, but it's still not saying much. Local scenes are pretty small. Even the larger ones. The need for good online is high nowadays. As much of a pain in the ass it might be to get it working right, developers need to start trying to go with rollback netcodes. These delay-based netcodes now should not be tolerated.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
In all honesty, I thought Tekken's netcode wasn't that great at all.

Tbh, ranking systems generally suck. The more pressing question is the netcode. IGAU is better than MK9, but it's still not saying much. Local scenes are pretty small. Even the larger ones. The need for good online is high nowadays. As much of a pain in the ass it might be to get it working right, developers need to start trying to go with rollback netcodes. These delay-based netcodes now should not be tolerated.
Whaaaat, TTT2 was really solid....

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Ranked needs a points system like SF4 instead of straight wins to avoid having people just surf ranked for negative win to loss ratio players and decline anybody that they think they would lose to. The only reason I play ranked is because most of the time people are trying their hardest because they have something on the line.

But even with ranking systems like SF4 you'll still get people who will do this

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
A spectator and replay saving mode seems far more important to me, along with netcode.
Show people your level with saved replays, instead of some words.
Oh wait, on next gen, both consoles can record themselves... well, rock on.