What's new

Will Minor characters finally debut as playable in MKX? maybe not? Maybe never?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
One of the things that I've always found interesting in MK are those characters who most of the time we see glimpses of them, but even on these glimpses they have made a huge impact in the story.
And so i found myself thinking if some day these characters will ever see the light of day as playable characters.
Since MKX is set to have new characters there is no saying that it might not or will be one of those, anyway if you haven't seen any of these characters don't feel mad, but i say it would be pretty damn awesome if we could end up having a future MK game where those such interesting yet pseudo minor characters are playable, specially now that the NRS way of designing and giving movesets on every character is much more better than just pallete swap from the 90s.

The Great Kung Lao
o

Everyone who played Mortal Kombat have heard of this guy, he held down Shao Kahn's forces 500 years ago until he get killed by Goro, some of you might think, what is the Mortal Kombat story of this guy back then? Who were the kombatants? How did he fought? What was his powers and his fighting style? There are so many questions around this guy that i think its an insult ppl comparing him to Kung Lao, since he is also Liu Kang's Ancestors as well.

Fire God

The first time i saw this guy along with my friends we said "Raiden's Cousin".

Only that much awesome with fire than any other character in MK world before, oh man he could burn you with the shake, fire lava on the ground to set you on fire which allowed a free hit or free combo, firing lava projectiles and teleport. The more we battle him the more we said "This guy is so awesome that he has to be playable in some game" Sadly that never happened even today, we also though he had one of the best gibberish voice "NYAAAH SUCK YOU DOLLS!!" "ENJOY THE FIRE OVER HEEEERE!!!" lol, and one of the best movesets to work with.

Fire god which is sometimes Called Hinoka or Kajin, no one knows his real name, was the guardian of the Fire temple and the protector of the amulet stolen by Quan Chi, with the aid of the Bi Han, his powers are later put into a sword which is given to scorpion when he becomes the champion of the Elder Gods, and scorp didn't use that well, glad and hopefully they ditched that story deep with onaga. Although he got defeated by Subby we always felt this guy was unbelievable strong, sub couldn't even freeze him, he doesn't freeze, so the question i always wanted to ask NRS is: "Why hasn't this guy a playable character yet?

Kia

Man let me tell you, this could be my first main female character if by the time now she was already a playable character, i've been waiting for her since MK4 and we got Sareena at some point but that didn't satisfy all the urge, i was expecting the whole trio.

Kia is (my favorite minor character) a Sub-Boss character that appears in the Shinnok's Pyramid she is one of the 3 captains of the Brotherhood of Shadows which she runs along side with Jataaka and Sareena, and are in charge to protect their master, Quan Chi.

She is from Netherrealm so this means she is a demon (we're in lack of those in Mortal Kombat actually) and she is the keeper of the first Krystal Key that can grant access to the Pyramid's Throne Room via teleportation.

Kia's Fighting Style is very different from Jade, she has a Boomerang Glaive like weapon which she can use in close combats instead of throwing, and she uses a lot of kicks, i think NRS didn't had many ideas for her back then so she felt probably really bland, but i still liked her.

Jataaka

Jataaka is one of the Sub-Bosses of the Shinnok's Pyramid, she is the second gate keeper and the holder of the second crystal key that grants access to the throne Room, as one of the three assassins who guards and serves directly under orders of Quan Chi and Shinnok, Jataaka is also a Demon originated from the Netherrealms Dephs, she maintains her youth through magic, and in the trio she is the one who less speaks.

The first time i saw someone using a sword in combat and being decently dressed without being sonya, it was this girl, she felt more like a mixed MA along side some Samurai Bushido, she was capable of firing lazers (Electrik Kamaitachis) with her sword and perform combos using the weapon, and she is black it could be cool having another one aside from Tanya. wink

Tremor

Tremor is a brown garbed ninja and a member of the Black Dragon clan who first appeared in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. He escaped from Special Forces custody during a prison break orchestrated by Kano, to whom he was blindly loyal.

Lets be Serious here, this is the most popular Minor character to ever appear on the Mortal Kombat Universe, there is basically no one who doesn't want this guy to be playable.

Water God

The Water God was one of the Sub Bosses that appears in MK Mythologies Sub-Zero he is one of the four guardians assigned by Raiden to protect the Shinnok's Amulet.

"Cinder, is that you?"
IMO i think this is one of the few gods with less impact with Earth God being the worst, but honestly if someday NRS decides to give us this character, he is going to need a major redesign, not only on his look but also on his move set, it felt like Cinder from KI they way he shapes himself.

And then of course there is Tasia who no one cares if she lives or dies, and no Face.

And then in MK9 there is this:

I'm going to make the following questions:

1. At to what point do you think that having this characters on MKX would be considered Fan service? or they should have made this happen long before MK9?

2. If you had to pick one of this characters to see the light of day as playable characters, who would it be?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
2. The Great Kung Lao. It would be something like this: after the defeat of Kotal Kahn at the hands of Goro, Shinok comes from the shadows to seize the opportunity yo take control of the Outworld. Goro confronts him, but Shinok doesn't fight, he has an ace up his sleeve: The Revived Great Kung Lao. He fights like a mix between Kung Lao and Liu Kang, but stronger than both combined.