What's new

Question Will Injustice completely shut down MK9?

Muffinnz

Noob
Iv'e recently started to take MK9 a bit more seriously, but the problem is i was tardy to the party. I got the game about a year and a half late. I wanted to take the game very competitively but now with all of the Injustice hype, I'm worried there will be no tournaments with this game to have any kind of fun. If anyone could offer an intelligent rebuttal it would be greatly appreciated.

MK9 isn't going anywhere. It will be like when any other game comes out. It will die down for a few weeks then pick back up again. Plus MK10 is suppossed to be coming out sometime in 2013. So no worries!

MK10? I didn't even know that was in production..
Nothing is known for MK10, anything said is just speculation. The only confirmation we know is that NRS is going to let MK9 simmer, and venture of into other genres so they can develop other things.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I assume most people will sign up for it along with Injustice. However I see Injustice having a much bigger scene, especially if it is balanced.

Muffinnz

Noob
Nothing is known for MK10, anything said is just speculation. The only confirmation we know is that NRS is going to let MK9 simmer, and venture of into other genres so they can develop other things.
So i can still show up to the tourney scene and still feel like a badass if i start kicking butts and taking names; then giving those names to other peoples butts Iv'e kicked?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
MK10 lol!! Think about that for a second... An ENTIRE game studio working all day every day to finish the current game in time for release in two months. Who in the hell has time to do anything at all for a new game until this one is out the door?

LBSH..

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
SpaceJam ft. Michael Jordan for PS4 and XBOX 720 :D

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
natural pathway of things : Injustice is the hype stuff right now, while MK9 follows its own track, third time in a row in Evo

when Injustice come out, majority of MK players will try it, to see if it's indeed a good game with competitive feeling

I doubt MK9 will be in Evo in 2014 (could be wrong, but ...) and until there, Injustice will have time to grow its own community, and great part of it, has chance to be from here, TYM.

MK10 , sure will be made and released something in the next 2-3 or 4 years ahead, and NRS will bring all previous experience built in MK9 and Injustice, to make a MK game even better than its predecessor

I see MK9 being replaced naturally, by Injustice and a new MK game, according the natural time cycle ..... it still will make part of some majors, but, overall, others game will take the spotlight, sooner or later.

Muffinnz

Noob
natural pathway of things : Injustice is the hype stuff right now, while MK9 follows its own track, third time in a row in Evo

when Injustice come out, majority of MK players will try it, to see if it's indeed a good game with competitive feeling

I doubt MK9 will be in Evo in 2014 (could be wrong, but ...) and until there, Injustice will have time to grow its own community, and great part of it, has chance to be from here, TYM.

MK10 , sure will be made and released something in the next 2-3 or 4 years ahead, and NRS will bring all previous experience built in MK9 and Injustice, to make a MK game even better than its predecessor

I see MK9 being replaced naturally, by Injustice and a new MK game, according the natural time cycle ..... it still will make part of some majors, but, overall, others game will take the spotlight, sooner or later.
Thank you, and everyone for your input. But i suppose the main purpose in my asking of this question was to find out if it would be a waste of my time to pursue the skill required to contend/win against some of the other people showing up or if it would be better suited to wait for Injustice then sink my time into that game. I'd love a chance to play/meet lots of people who are already great at that game but I don't want to waste all of time for a game that will just fade into an abyss of the 'used' game pile at Gamestop...But from the look of the answers provided it is not too late; thank you, again.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Injustice will be what Marvel is to the SF community. There's a lot of players who play both Marvel and SF, and then there's players who only play one or the other. At first it will seem like everyone has stopped playing MK9 and moved on to Injustice, but that will be just because it's new and fresh. MK9 will still be played at tournaments, but it will share the spotlight with Injustice, exactly like SF and Marvel.

Who knows, maybe Injustice will become more popular in the tournament scene than SF and Marvel. I doubt it but hey, anything is possible!