What's new

Question Will anything happen to shazam with the patch?

so does anyonen see shazam gettin nerfed, buffed, or just left alone? honestly im hoping they leave him be but if they where to nerf him (which i doubt) i can see them touching on his HM and how if cant stuff just about all wake ups that are very fast and dont have invincibility frames making it seem like an infinite in a way. i dont know if its me but wakeups in this game are way harder to come out then mk9 for those who played it. so if they buff him they should make the startup on shazams teleports faster. i feel like his teleport is the bad version of smokes smoke away/toward because thats basically what shazams teleport is (again for those who played mk9 you know what i mean. smokes teleport was his best and safest move on wakeuo to get out of pressure and it traveled pretty far as well) and i feel as though it can get stuffed ALOT if the timing isnt perfect. but anyway what are your thoughts on how shazam will be after this update.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
When you win a round and the lightning bolt hits him and her turns back into billy, after the patch, the second lightning bolt won't hit, and you will have to fight the rest of the match as a 10 year old.
Smaller hitbox though. :p

I was trying to get around some GL/Raven zoning last night with Squeaker101 and I was like "can I get a freaking air teleport or air psycho crusher please?!" lol. I know it won't happen, just wishful thinking.

When you win a round and the lightning bolt hits him and her turns back into billy, after the patch, the second lightning bolt won't hit, and you will have to fight the rest of the match as a 10 year old.
lmfao thats fine with me as long as he has armor on every single thing he does and everything is safe on block

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yea, it'd be great if he had less start-up frames on his teleport. Then he'd be able to get in easier.

I'd also love neutral strings, b23, 22, d3 etc. There's more, but I don't wanna sound whiney. Shazam does alright

Yea, it'd be great if he had less start-up frames on his teleport. Then he'd be able to get in easier.

I'd also love neutral strings, b23, 22, d3 etc. There's more, but I don't wanna sound whiney. Shazam does alright
lol you arent whinning kust state what you think might happen to shazam. because i pretty sure every character will be touched up on in some way whether it be positive or negative

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I've always wanted to see Superman punch a little kid in the face :coffee:

ando1184

Noob
Shazam just needs invincibility on his teleport on WAKEUP only imo. Yeh it would be nice if it was faster startup on teleport and trait but I think he's fine in everything else. we have to work hard vs zoners yes, but once we are in they're crying for freedom like William Wallace from braveheart.

Shazam just needs invincibility on his teleport on WAKEUP only imo. Yeh it would be nice if it was faster startup on teleport and trait but I think he's fine in everything else. we have to work hard vs zoners yes, but once we are in they're crying for freedom like William Wallace from braveheart.
YES this is realy all he needs he has decent damage and everything else is cool. as a matter of fact he could use better start up on his thunder bolt to ATLEAST zone back at zoners. i find that at full screen it has good revcovery so i'll either connect the db2 and trade damage with someone OR it'll connect and ill block whatever they throw back at me. so imo he just needs 1) invincibility on wakeup for his teleports and 2) better start up frames on his teleports and his thunder bolt (db2).last time i checked i dont think he can connect his HC from his f22 string on block, so i also think he should be able to connect his HM of off his f22 string on block. the mixup possibilities are crazy. they have to block the lightning which is an overhead by standing and once they stand they get caught OR if they block the overhead and duck again they get caughy by AC. man the possibilities are endless if HC could be connected of that string! but idk if NRS could do that.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Im not all to sure, but didnt Shazaam have a Lighting Bolt Pikachu style in MK v DC?
Whyd they remove some of his moves from that game?