What's new

Question Will 50/50's be gone?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I might pick Cryo sub with combination of that Tundra skin lol. Wanna see what they will have in store for him.
If I see what did they do with Sub Zero, I'll think of many new combos to try on. Just watching his command grab (a.k.a. Throw) my mind created new kombos. :)

Can you give one tournament example of this?
I'm pretty sure if I actually looked at tournaments I'd find plenty. Well maybe I couldn't since you know, all tourney tops use top tier 50/50 heavy characters. Also if you attend a tournament you probably have practiced many many hours and are highly skilled. Not to mention when have you seen a non heavy 50/50 character place high in a tournament lately? You see Aliens and mileenas, and Sonyas don't you. If you can say that ct Kano has no advantages over cyber Kano because of cyber having no OH mixups into high damage then thats on you. It's going to be interesting how the changes will affect mkx. I hope they change it, and I don't play at a pro level, but I've had my share of me outplaying someone with kitana and then guessing wrong once and i lose.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'm pretty sure if I actually looked at tournaments I'd find plenty. Well maybe I couldn't since you know, all tourney tops use top tier 50/50 heavy characters. Also if you attend a tournament you probably have practiced many many hours and are highly skilled. Not to mention when have you seen a non heavy 50/50 character place high in a tournament lately? You see Aliens and mileenas, and Sonyas don't you. If you can say that ct Kano has no advantages over cyber Kano because of cyber having no OH mixups into high damage then thats on you. It's going to be interesting how the changes will affect mkx. I hope they change it, and I don't play at a pro level, but I've had my share of me outplaying someone with kitana and then guessing wrong once and i lose.
My point is that everyone keeps saying that, yet I'm still to see a single person provide just one example of this. This seems odd to me.

And actually you see lots. Johnny, liu, HQT etc. And mileena does not get her mileage off her 50/50s. The mileena community freaked tf out when the UK called her A tier before other aspects of her game were improved. Her 50/50 went unchanged.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Stop reminding me of sonyas AIDS design all 50/50s main stings? Overhead low into more guessing oh what I can't run in bc of zoning and I have no patience? Ex arc kick since I don't spend bar at all for combos or anything else I'll always have that available. Oh what I have no neutral hold this godlike jump in into mix oh what have no patience for zoning dive kick full combo. Oh what I have no spacing whiff dive kick that leads into a full combo and almost safe on block eh I whiffed it so what D3. Oh what u wanna block the d3 after I dive kick and full combo my poke because I have no reactions and I press buttons on a blocked poke? Pff lemme do an overhead after I whiff my hard to punish on block dive kick.... CONDITIONONG BOIIIII HAHAHAHAHAHA IM SO GOOD I PLAY SONYA HAHA OH WAIT IBJUSTICE 2 no 50/50s uhhhh FK IBJUSTICE 2 it looks gei superheros n stuff I'm not getting it totally because of the superheros not because I have no 50/50s now pff. Oh wait Harley might have 50/50s eh I GUESSS I'll get it just because I like Harley, oh wat they changed it so she has no 50/50s eh I'll sell ThE game who wants to play that game because of one stupid char? The life of a Sonya player
Favorite post on TYM.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
May the Elder Gods bless us with knowledge over everyone's nonsense. In one hour I'm off to watch the stream.

My point is that everyone keeps saying that, yet I'm still to see a single person provide just one example of this. This seems odd to me.

And actually you see lots. Johnny, liu, HQT etc. And mileena does not get her mileage off her 50/50s. The mileena community freaked tf out when the UK called her A tier before other aspects of her game were improved. Her 50/50 went unchanged.
What's odd to me is that you haven't seen anyone win a match when they've been on danger and the opponent has 30% life left and they guess wrong then lose the match, seriously you haven't seen that? Happens all the time, I've seen HQT win stuff but having the oh into low laser helps. I'm not saying only characters with heavy 50/50's can only win, I'm sure if I use alien and someone uses balanced kenshi I'd still lose cuz I suck, but if both players are in the same skill range then guess who might have more probabilities of winning? That's all I'm saying. Like I said take two good Kano players, one ct with 50/50's one cyber without an overhead, which would you place your money on?

DJT getting mixed to death by a shotgun jaqui at Evo. I think his name was KidDigital or something. Mu was KJ vs jaqui and shaolin has a godlike nuetral , and DJT has a godlike nuetral. Jaqui has a shit nuetral , but DJT still lost. MIXED
^This guy wins.
/argument

What some people fail to understand is that it happens at every level. They ask for one example when all tournaments have been 50/50 guess fests between even the top players. Add the fact that those top players win with top tier characters or play other high but not top tier but then choose a S+ tier heavy 50/50 when they're getting their asses handed to them then pretty much speaks for itself.

Last edited:

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Can you give one tournament example of this?
Watch any shotgun Jacqui or cutthroat tournament footage.

Also sonic vs foxy esl S3 finals. (This one is especially hilarious. Hilariously sad that they played for like 30k)

Or just watch any alien footage in general.

Also war God footage, pnut, tekken master...

The list is endless.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
What's odd to me is that you haven't seen anyone win a match when they've been on danger and the opponent has 30% life left and they guess wrong then lose the match, seriously you haven't seen that? Happens all the time, I've seen HQT win stuff but having the oh into low laser helps. I'm not saying only characters with heavy 50/50's can only win, I'm sure if I use alien and someone uses balanced kenshi I'd still lose cuz I suck, but if both players are in the same skill range then guess who might have more probabilities of winning? That's all I'm saying. Like I said take two good Kano players, one ct with 50/50's one cyber without an overhead, which would you place your money on?
This is the worst case of goal post moving I've ever seen. You seem to be missing the point I was questioning. Someone below has answered my question well

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
DJT getting mixed to death by a shotgun jaqui at Evo. I think his name was KidDigital or something. Mu was KJ vs jaqui and shaolin has a godlike nuetral , and DJT has a godlike nuetral. Jaqui has a shit nuetral , but DJT still lost. MIXED
Thank you. I haven't seen this match so I'll have to look it up.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

Also sonic vs foxy esl S3 finals. (This one is especially hilarious. Hilariously sad that they played for like 30k)

The list is endless.
Again, show me a shit player using a jacqui/cutthroat beating a tourney vet, and you might have an interesting point.

And you're saying foxy is drastically better than sonic??

To reiterate, all I am questioning is that a scrub is beating any top player by using a 50/50 character, which was made earlier in the thread.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

The list is endless.
Esl is so hilariously pathetic, especially when it was going on before the new netcode lol. Thousands of dollars going towards a "whoes the best online mixer" contest. I signed up 3 times for that shit and lost to 2 Shinnoks that vortexed me to death and then an Ermac that vortexed me to death. Damn I suck, how am I suppose to win hard earn cash when I keep guessing wrong in single elimation tournaments online?

This is the worst case of goal post moving I've ever seen. You seem to be missing the point I was questioning. Someone below has answered my question well
I think I missed your point, but when given examples seems like you choose not to validate them anyhow. You're also missing my point though buddy, you say "give me a shit player etc", I already told you that this isn't valid, since I can use an op mix heavy character and get beat by hut in him using balanced. I'm saying when they're "around the same skill level." Please tell me you haven't seen a guess win or lose a match? A guess bro.

Oh, as a couple of people have already answered your question then can you answer mine? If foxy,sonicfox,scar, or any top player plays against themselves with Kano and one is ct the other cyber who do you think would win? That should end this argument bro. If you're honest with yourself.

Last edited:

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Again, show me a shit player using a jacqui/cutthroat beating a tourney vet, and you might have an interesting point.

And you're saying foxy is drastically better than sonic??

To reiterate, all I am questioning is that a scrub is beating any top player by using a 50/50 character, which was made earlier in the thread.
Oh I'm sorry xD I thought you were basically saying 50 50s have never made a significant difference in beating top players, basically shunning the idea of outplaying. Which is obviously untrue. In terms of shit players i can't think off any off the top of my head, maybe the kid digital example from earlier.

And no I'm not saying foxy is better than sonic wtf. He's obviously the best. I just used the example to illustrate the power of 50 50s. That grand finals was disgusting to watch, and I hate mileena lol