What's new

Will 3 more frames of "Wake Up Attack" help Shang?

From pakostevens's twitter:

"...window for safe startup on wakeups will be 3more frames bigger after patch"

I don't know the exact startup on Shang's skulls, but it seems like it *might* (MIGHT) make close ground skull a more viable wakeup option.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
it should help everyone on wakeup (some more than others) and its now setup to be a hotfix tweakable window.

it should help everyone on wakeup (some more than others) and its now setup to be a hotfix tweakable window.
Awesome! I've criticized some of the balance decisions as much as anyone, but this at least is great and hard for me to find fault with. Any chance you (or anyone?) could share with us the frame data on Shang's close ground skull and whether or not it will still be possible/easy to hit him out of it on wakeup? Right now it's like he doesn't even have a wakeup attack.

Also, and purely for the shameless reason that I know you're reading this thread: any chance of him getting the tracking window on his old close ground skull back? It saved his ass defensively without at all making him overpowered. I have heard of no other more universally agreed upon change request for Shang.