What's new

Why We Need To Desynchronize Every Controller After A Match

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
And this is why we need to desync BEFORE every match. You never know. Whoever did this needs to be banned from future tourneys and TYM. REO, I was notified by Youtube that you uploaded this video, and this is what made me think, "WTF is this shit he did?".

This one is a serious, indeed. And it needs to be addressed to Sony itself to fix this goddamn shit.

I'm sorry for KillerXinok for what happened. He was close to beat Semiij.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
genuine question, how do you go about stopping this from happening? I'm not familiar with the peasantry hardware
I am not familiar with the PS4 but it has happened so many times now that it's just funny and no sympathy felt for the players. I think the players just have to desync all previous controllers prior to the match which takes 10 seconds.

Its like bringing someone home from the bar and wondering if you should use a condom. I mean he\she might not have gonosyphiherpecrabs but why would you take the chance.

Tanno

While that's true, its up to players to desync first before they leave and the upcoming players to check
Or we must implement a new obligatory rule for PS4 players to desync them BEFORE and AFTER the matches. Should they be OK, the tourney staff need to check it out and say the OK. this should prevent this incident.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Or we must implement a new obligatory rule for PS4 players to desync them BEFORE and AFTER the matches. Should they be OK, the tourney staff need to check it out and say the OK. this should prevent this incident.
The whole situation requires constant, and consistent vigilance from a large group of people; which isn't possible.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This is why we need to be extra careful about this. It's similar to what they do for the Olympic athletes to prevent doping.

I cracked from the laughs. xD
while it does suck like the person said it would be to much of a hassle for bracket runners to manage while they are trying to find forever king in the bathroom doing shots of old crow for his next match.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This is why we need to be extra careful about this. It's similar to what they do for the Olympic athletes to prevent doping.

I cracked from the laughs. xD
What I'm saying is you can't ask a group of creatures who are inherently forgetful to not ever forget something they normally don't have to do and expect that to really work. That's not even factoring in how half of them may not give a crap about remembering and at least 1 thinks it's funny to turn off a console mid match.

I don't think there is a better solution than reminding everyone to try and remember, but I don't think it's a solvable problem that getting worked up over can improve much. People work a certain way and the PS4 works a certain way and that interplay is not really great on the tournament floor.

I do think turning off a console mid match makes someone a dick and people should unhappy over that part.

Reminds me of the Perfect Legend, Forever King incident in IGAU. My take is that the guy is really an (soap bar in my mouth) for putting the PS4 on rest mode and disrupting the match. I wasn't watching the stream so can someone tell me how the situation was settled? Was the match replayed or given to the person leading at that point in time?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Lmfao this is perfect. It's been two years - if you aren't gonna learn the easy way, this is the hard way. Sucks for the players but the solution is extremely simple.

Tanno

Reminds me of the Perfect Legend, Forever King incident in IGAU. My take is that the guy is really an (soap bar in my mouth) for putting the PS4 on rest mode and disrupting the match. I wasn't watching the stream so can someone tell me how the situation was settled? Was the match replayed or given to the person leading at that point in time?
Do we have a recorded video of this incident?

I, also, want to know how did it end up.