What's new

Why the Kang hate

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Youre playing scrubs online, who cares?

Only thing i hate about kang is his stupid combo loop but thats something that i have a problem with the game within itself

My girlfriend HATES Liu Kang because he's always screaming. I think it's hilarious. I love getting the opponent stuck in the corner in the old games and constantly doing the flying kick. If you get it timed right, as soon as Liu's feet hit the ground, he'll do another flying kick. Makes for a very satisfying WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH

block low, high, high (or llh, i forgot) = no launchers

hi

a gigantic chunk of people online are, you know, stupid

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Just played a couple KOTH matches online, using Liu Kang. Most respect points i got at one time was 2 from a lobby of 5. People HATE Liu Kang, which makes him all the more to play.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Hey guys, Liu is my main, so when I seen this thread I had to check it out. Oddly enough, it isn't so bad. I was expecting alot more people to complain. I do agree the loop combo is annoying, and monotonous. Having said that, I really only use it as a puunisher, or when I'm pressuring into combo. Also, he doesn't have any one-sided match ups. Most of them are quite difficult, such as Ermac, Cyrax, Kitana, Raiden, etc. All in all, I guess he can get annoying after awhile.

Apprarently his screaming is more annoying than his loop combo...

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I always thought he was cool....then again, "enter the dragon" is filed right next to mk9 on my shelf so I might be sliiiightly biased ;-) honestly I found skarlet more irritating. To each their own I guess

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I have been maining Liu Kang since MK1 and he has always been my favorite character. Mained him in every MK since.

Even mained him during the UMK3 days where Liu Kang was very far from a viable character and having to face cheap characters like Kabal, Smoke, Sonya, fucking Nightwolf, etc. So picking Liu Kang in MK9 was expected. It does not mean I don't want to learn how to play the game, I play fighters and try to choose at least one or two characters I like and stick with them. Kenshi is another character I liked since MKDA.

So next time any of you play me online or offline, just remember my character loyalty for Liu Kang and not for his loops or frame traps, ok? :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ever since mk2 have hated the annoying bruce lee rip off, unoriginal boring and very lazy designed char

plus in mk9 safe,scrubby offense,nothing much changed then

REALLY hope he stays dead....this time for good

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
ever since mk2 have hated the annoying bruce lee rip off, unoriginal boring and very lazy designed char

plus in mk9 safe,scrubby offense,nothing much changed then

REALLY hope he stays dead....this time for good
He was dead, he was a zombie at one point. Even the mortal koil can't keep stop the WAH WAH WAHs. I really am tempted to pick him up, strictly for offline, and scream that as loudly as possible in my opponent's ear; I think it'd give me an advantage.

Apprarently his screaming is more annoying than his loop combo...
Yeah, that's the general consensus. Though he gets random frame advantage off one of his strings making his loop pretty bullshit, but hey, that's NRS' fault. Buncha idiots.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
He was dead, he was a zombie at one point. Even the mortal koil can't keep stop the WAH WAH WAHs. I really am tempted to pick him up, strictly for offline, and scream that as loudly as possible in my opponent's ear; I think it'd give me an advantage.
yea i know died before and bout the zombie thats why said i hope he stays dead this time