What's new

Why the fuck are so many people bitching about infinites?

For some inexplicable reason, from reading about BD Clan on the MKU forum, people are all upset about infinites being used in online kombat.

Why is that so?

It's like "OMG You use infinites!? You're out of the clan!!"

In UMK 3, people use Kung Lao and Stryker infinites all the goddamn time and no one really seems to think it's unfair. Yet, it's a generally accepted practice.

Why the double standard with this game?

HAYRON

Noob
Probably because MKvDC is popular among the casual (cough cough scrub) crowd right now and they can't take the heat. UMK3 is, despite our best efforts here, not extremely popular with that same demographic. And those from that group who get hit with infinintes in UMK3 do whine a lot there too.

...And because Infinites do suck. Not that I think people should stop using them. It's just really irritating to get caught in one.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
QuiGon, it's because in UMK3 it requires skill to do an infinite where in MKvDC you can teach your dog to do it. It's ridiculous so they are banned from serious play.

HAYRON

Noob
it's because in UMK3 it requires skill
I guess that does depend on the particular infinite... Lao's corner combo takes very little skill. It was the first one I could do and ridiculously easy to set up w/ a throw. But you are correct.

Still though, either way you look at it, even in UMK3 it is frustrating to have a good match go bad on one mistake. And it takes more skill to learn the timing on an infinite on UMK3 in the first place than it does to perform one once you have it down.

Tim Static

Adminerator
QuiGon, it's because in UMK3 it requires skill to do an infinite where in MKvDC you can teach your dog to do it. It's ridiculous so they are banned from serious play.
Yup, but the BD Clan guys arent very good, so they rely on tryin to infinite right off the bat, which is very lame.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
BD_Sic is pretty good...BD_Scorp lags like no other, I think he lives in Egypt or something with that connection.

SYNIC

Banned
Cause the infinites in MKDC are able to be done by 3 year-olds with down syndrome with not much effort at all.

Let's say Kabal in UMK3 could do his 4,4,1,1,D1, aaHP, spin, aa HP, spin, aa HP, spin or from just catching you with his spin in the air as AA and be able to repeat his spin with no limit restrictions by the game, ya'll would ban that shit for competitive play right?

MKDC's infinite's are a joke, only one that actually requires some form of skill is Joker's.

MKT >/=/< MKDC(Yeah it's that much of a joke.)

Ha ha : ,)

For some inexplicable reason, from reading about BD Clan on the MKU forum, people are all upset about infinites being used in online kombat. I know nothing of this clan. have not read forum. headed there next...

Why is that so? they can not recognize what skill it takes perform an infinite

It's like "OMG You use infinites!? You're out of the clan!!" were you in this clan you speak of? imo dont show them how to do it then.

In UMK 3, people use Kung Lao and Stryker infinites all the goddamn time and no one really seems to think it's unfair. Now im seeing this as truer and truer as if i know someone can do an infinite i will play a different style and I usually win. I love winning without doing one! And I love beating people who tried it on me!:D Yet, it's a generally accepted practice. Yes practice is a good thing!

Why the double standard with this game?
Pickle tic app!

Azuro

Noob
The infinites are braindead to use/set up. Nuff said.

The only thing stopping you from being locked in an infinite combo to death is restorable breakers, if you exclude Supes' infinite.

Rather retarded, honestly.

if they had real game testers there wouldn't be easy bull shit infs, I don't think any game should have an inf but I'm sure as hell not going to cry when I get hit by one. Unless it is one everyone is doing and thats all there is to do...then I wont be playing that game

Tim Static

Adminerator
if they had real game testers there wouldn't be easy bull shit infs, I don't think any game should have an inf but I'm sure as hell not going to cry when I get hit by one. Unless it is one everyone is doing and thats all there is to do...then I wont be playing that game
some of thir testers are some of the best MK players around (Eddie Ferrier, Paulo Garia, etc) but the problem is they were given such a small time to test because Midway needed the game out before the holidays.

But even the old 2d arcade games had the same thing, but it was done differently. They would release a version in the arcades, let the players play it, find the flaws, etc, then fix it, then release a new ROM upgade (new revision) and so on.

But for MKvDC, their has to be some kind of patch coming. WAY too many problems.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is all provided that Midway is still alive enough to even make a patch available.

*crosses fingers*