What's new

Why is Uruguay out?

El_Rubio

Noob

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
From Eventhubs: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/may/08/600000-grabs-injustice-2-championship-series-new-tournament-circuit-kicks-later-month/

Those who reside in Argentina, Chile, Mexico and Peru will be able to participate in the Injustice 2 Liga Latina.

WHERE IS URUGUAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is kind of unfair, we are a small country but full of players!
I decided that if I post here, maybe we will be lucky enough to be added to the list.
Gotta join the region that's closest to you

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You should inquire your complaint straight to WB and NRS. Someone from the staff or from the higher ups will notice you.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
From Eventhubs: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/may/08/600000-grabs-injustice-2-championship-series-new-tournament-circuit-kicks-later-month/

Those who reside in Argentina, Chile, Mexico and Peru will be able to participate in the Injustice 2 Liga Latina.

WHERE IS URUGUAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is kind of unfair, we are a small country but full of players!
I decided that if I post here, maybe we will be lucky enough to be added to the list.
Dude I know it's your country but sales numbers are probably #1 reason and you have to understand that

Tanno

It is kind of strange. I found a PDF online (courtesy to Xinok) where it says that Uruguay is included, but the organizers of the tournament told me through their FB page that Uruguay is not...
Kind of strange.

http://proseries.injustice.com/assets/rules.pdf
"Latin America South – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay"

This is what I found. If this is the official rules, then you're OK.

Who were the organizers that you spoke with? I think you might have spoken with the staff itself. You should ask WB and NRS themselves for this problem, presenting along with this PDF.

What you stated above was like they were talking out of both sides of one's mouth. There ought to be an official statement that would change this very rule I found in this PDF, but if you're not seeing it, that means that they're just bullshitting around.

@Pig Of The Hut , it's unlikely to be the money that you were stating like this. It's most likely that this fella here felt upon some staff members. In the tournament, EVERY country is allowed to be in. Not to be excluded. The sales and money are another entire story and that's unrelated to this matter ours friend here is facing.

El_Rubio

Noob
Who were the organizers that you spoke with?
I received an answer from Gamelta E-Sports Professional League in FB, I think it is just staff and not an official speaker. Thanks! Let´s hope for the best! We have some interesting players in Uruguay! (not me, ofc)

:)

Tanno

I received an answer from Gamelta E-Sports Professional League in FB, I think it is just staff and not an official speaker. Thanks! Let´s hope for the best! We have some interesting players in Uruguay! (not me, ofc)

:)
Then it's unofficial info. The official info would be coming straight from WB and NRS themselves. The E-Sports are just side organizers.

I hope we face you someday, mate.

Peace. :)

P.S.: You're not alone in this matter. The same happened with Lithuania. ShArp and n0rv1s were whining on the ESL dudes to include Lithuania in EU, since it's an EU country. They made it and Lithuania is officially in EU ESL.

El_Rubio

Noob
Something else that called my attention, is that if u want to participate in Chile, you HAVE TO BUY the game in certain store. That seems ridiculous. Let's hope these are only rumors.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I didn't know Uruguay had running water or electricity, let alone the internet and video games. :p

Skedar70

Noob
Uruguay is not included. You have to buy the game in one of the stores in the specific participating countries in order to be eligible to participate. You can then participate from your country online if you want to. If you win and are eligible to participate in the finals I am not sure how they would handle that since the prize is supposed to be for a winner of the actual participating country.

I'm not surprised Uruguay is not eligible but I am that Brazil isn't since it has one of the most active communities of Latin America and the finals are actually in Brazil.

From the Latin America regions the most notable communities I find are the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Chile and Brazil.