What's new

why is there no tier list??

mk_pros

Banned
hi mates.

i know there are four super characters (jax, kitana, kabal, raiden) but what about other chars. where are they?

why is there no tier list for this game?

cheers

Solo

Shadow Priest
Simply put.... there are still things to be found. We can always give our opinion on things.

Simply put.... there are still things to be found. We can always give our opinion on things.
This. Game is still pretty new meaning like something big could be found with Jade, who's considered low tier, and she could be bumped up to mid-high tier. But for now Jade is still butt :p

gdf

Noob
No tier list for an almost perfectly balanced game.
Now it is your decision to find out whether or not I'm joking.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
hi mates.

i know there are four super characters (jax, kitana, kabal, raiden) but what about other chars. where are they?

why is there no tier list for this game?

cheers
If you're going to say there's four super characters I'd say Cyrax should definitely take Jax's place..

Jax is being overrated nowadays....

mk_pros

Banned
If you're going to say there's four super characters I'd say Cyrax should definitely take Jax's place..

Jax is being overrated nowadays....
these are not my claims.

mk legend tom brady says those are the four super characters in the game. i believe him over most as he knows more than anyone in this game

cheers

mk_pros

Banned
This. Game is still pretty new meaning like something big could be found with Jade, who's considered low tier, and she could be bumped up to mid-high tier. But for now Jade is still butt :p
where is jade said to be low tier? i see no tier list of any kind mate

umvc3 and ssf4 have tier lists and they are newest version games out. mk9 is almost a year old

cheers

umvc3 and ssf4 have tier lists and they are newest version games out. mk9 is almost a year old
There are far more resources dedicated to mining UMvC3 and SSF4 than this MK will ever see. That, combined with the more squirrelly aspects of the game (the variability of 3D hitboxes, the difficulties in getting frame data) means that a proper tier list is still in the distant future.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
these are not my claims.

mk legend tom brady says those are the four super characters in the game. i believe him over most as he knows more than anyone in this game

cheers
LOL! Hahahaha....

Then you kan just follow his Tier List then! Problem solved! ! ! =)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
these are not my claims.

cheers
lol i love this guy.

dear mk legend tom brady, our lord and savior, please bless these forums with your tier list and matchup chart so us peasants may attempt to play this game near your supreme level of skill.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tom Brady is a good MK player, and very knowledgeable. That doesnt mean everything he says is true, I agree that Jax is being overrated.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?15876-Jax-s-F413-String-vs-Low-hitbox/page5

Stuff like that and other new tech is coming out to make the top tiers a little less advantageous. Just the other day the Baraka community(1man3letters to be exact) found out that Kabal's EX dash can be stuffed on wakeup by chop chop. This may seem minimal, but Baraka really struggles with fighting characters wakeup game, so it is huge for us.

Basically No 1 player is going to know everything about this game. Honestly there is no point in a tier list because 5-6 characters are really good, and the rest can still compete(Except Jade and Sindel, at least for now)

mk_pros

Banned
There are far more resources more resources dedicated to mining UMvC3 and SSF4 than this MK will ever see. That, combined with the more squirrelly aspects of the game (the variability of 3D hitboxes, the difficulties in getting frame data) means that a proper tier list is still in the distant future.
in other words this community is not strong enogh to break down the game?

do the top players even care about this game? i see them post once blue moon if ever

much sadness to see other games be treated with more respect and calibration

cheers

Zoidberg747

do the top players even care about this game? i see them post once blue moon if ever

cheers
Read my post above dude. People find new tech everyday, including top players. Quite frankly a tier list just causes too much discussion and flame wars. This game is balanced enough that it honestly doesnt need one.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

cheers
Its sheer numbers man. All he's saying. Pardon my hyperbole-laden analogy, but its like comparing Nasa(ssf4) to a group of science nuts who are trying to snag the X prize.(mk9) While the poor science nuts are still working the bugs out of their system, Nasa has already been to space and refined their successful techniques. Its not a matter of the community's intrinsic strength, but their strength In numbers. Mk is absolutely the underdog in that respect. Its not that it can't be done, it will just take a little longer to get to that level with respect to getting our game broken down to the finest detail. /rant

Sent from Somewhere to Somewhere Else

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?

cheers

Well, the comunity finds something new from day to day. Even Umk3 has it's tier list chaning nowadays and well...I bet it's older then you are.
Even in other games tier lists change from month to month. In tekken, in ssfiv, in mvc2-3, those games are so complex that there is always something new to find.
We could do that too making a tier list every month is just something that does not worth it. What for?
Why do you care about them? Why should any of us would care about it? Pick your character not according to the tier list but according to your playstyle and your taste, start practicing, read ALL the info you can find on him/her and after that start experimenting and contribute here. You will see that how tier lists are bullshit. So...high level players are here all day, spending many hours in the lab, spending many hours watching videos, and yes, many-many noobs like me too in the sake of expose all the info on the game that could be exposed.
By the way...do you actually play the game? If yes why you don't have any oppinion yourself? You should have you know...

Zoidberg747

Sindel is starting to look really good, actually. From what I know, Mr Mileena has been coming up with tons of new stuff for her.
Maybe, I kind of am holding judgement until we see another Sindel at a major. Hopefully at WB or FR

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Tom Brady is a good MK player, and very knowledgeable. That doesnt mean everything he says is true, I agree that Jax is being overrated.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?15876-Jax-s-F413-String-vs-Low-hitbox/page5

Stuff like that and other new tech is coming out to make the top tiers a little less advantageous. Just the other day the Baraka community(1man3letters to be exact) found out that Kabal's EX dash can be stuffed on wakeup by chop chop. This may seem minimal, but Baraka really struggles with fighting characters wakeup game, so it is huge for us.

Basically No 1 player is going to know everything about this game. Honestly there is no point in a tier list because 5-6 characters are really good, and the rest can still compete(Except Jade and Sindel, at least for now)
Jade KAN kompete! Krayzie was doing some Krayzie shit with her the other day.

Sindel is definitely good she even has a rushdown game.. That overhead is very fast when you take into account it's range.

That's one thing I like about this game.. Every character is viable to a certain extent.