What's new

Question Why is the timing of B3 after DB2 MB so strict?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's just a tight link is all. If you want to go for max damage its going to take alot of practice, otherwise you can use the standard BNBs which are easy.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The b3 in most combos is just a hard link. You can't really mash it (aka machine gun it) because it won't be consistent. The best way for me is to only press it once because it has been more consistent that way. I also think if you're mashing it doesn't release quick enough because it thinks you're holding it down for just 1 or 2 frames longer than you really are. Just a theory though.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
theres really no reason to use a B3 using Aquaman in any of his combos, nay? The only thing I use b3 for is b3 MB to smack through people for a 40% combo.

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
Lex Luthor II

If you anti-air or air-to-air an opponent high enough with d2 or jump 2, you can do a full b+3 combo. Much more consistent than trying to hit the b3 link from DB2 MB. May be hard to confirm on good players who rarely jump on cue, but against like low-level players who can't resist jumping at a range you KNOW you can read, go nuts. Like SF4 Bison j.MP combos, except more fun. :)

The b3 link from DB2 MB is some nice damage, but I personally wouldn't try it in a real match. Maybe in casuals if I was winning handily, but in a tense tourney match I wouldn't want to risk the damage lost (and possible punishment/loss of momentum) for messing up. Aquaman does enough damage from his easier 1-bar BnBs anyway; he's not a nuking character and he doesn't need to be.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Lex Luthor II

If you anti-air or air-to-air an opponent high enough with d2 or jump 2, you can do a full b+3 combo. Much more consistent than trying to hit the b3 link from DB2 MB. May be hard to confirm on good players who rarely jump on cue, but against like low-level players who can't resist jumping at a range you KNOW you can read, go nuts. Like SF4 Bison j.MP combos, except more fun. :)

The b3 link from DB2 MB is some nice damage, but I personally wouldn't try it in a real match. Maybe in casuals if I was winning handily, but in a tense tourney match I wouldn't want to risk the damage lost (and possible punishment/loss of momentum) for messing up. Aquaman does enough damage from his easier 1-bar BnBs anyway; he's not a nuking character and he doesn't need to be.
Oh yeah, i never thought about that, I normally just start the 22, MB FromDeep, scoop bnb when i D2 when they are high, but sometimes i cant hit them as they are too far, whereas B3 has more range than a 22. I'll have to check that out, I wonder which one does more damage.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Spent some time earlier in practice move working on this (finally got around to it earlier this afternoon). I've got the timing down. I found it similar to doing B3 at the end of Batman's 113. If my memory serves me correct a combo of B12, MB FromDeep, J3, B12, From Deep was at 41%.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah it's a tough link. it's the same with his 22 interactable wallbounce>B3 combo. i saw someone do it in a youtube video, went to training mode, and discovered it's not as easy as it looks. it takes more time for him to recover from the R1 than you'd think. it's such nice damage, though...