What's new

Why is the Sonya forum so dead?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Someone answer me this: if she is so "braindead," as a few of you say, then why are there very few who play her, let alone win tournaments with her?
I just dislike her. I understand that she takes skill to play and I'd never doubt your skill of all people, brah :D

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Sonya's good without really needing to exert yourself too much but she's downright scary when the player makes good reads. That being said, Sonya isn't braindead really but she gets away with alot ;_;
The only thing she gets away with is d1 military stance. People are too scared of her combo punishable Divekick.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Safest character in the game, easily top 3. You'll see when Me nd Blake dominate at Dallas

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The only thing she gets away with is d1 military stance. People are too scared of her combo punishable Divekick.
You do know that you can stop her stance follow-up with a counter-poke if you block her d1, right? She has no cancel advantage off a blocked poke.

And an instant-air divekick is fearsome, but as you and I know, if they'd be more patient with their defense, they could get a full combo on her for blocking it every time. :D

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
You do know that you can stop her stance follow-up with a counter-poke if you block her d1, right? She has no cancel advantage off a blocked poke.

And an instant-air divekick is fearsome, but as you and I know, if they'd be more patient with their defense, they could get a full combo on her for blocking it every time. :D
Oops. I meant d4~Ms! I was sleepy when I typed that!