What's new

Why is the Sonya forum so dead?

redeyes

Button Masher
Sonya is a great character top5 or 6 yet no one ever posts in here!

on that note who even plays sonya anymore?

me Showtime clint the beast gamerblake death ( im talking mains not side character)

come on sonya players lets try to bring some life back to the sonya forum

Espio

Kokomo
These threads are popping up everywhere....Smoke, Jade etc. forums. Only thing I can say is try to come up with fun ideas to spur conversation and activity. I still think every character should have a dedicated video guide, for those that prefer to learn visually as opposed to from reading text.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
She's been pretty much all figured out for a very long time. Also, Kabal & Kenshi are the hype/Sonya killers

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Similar question: why are the Noob Saibot forums dead?
Because hes basically a character figured-out.

I doubt this is the reason the Sonya forums are quiet, but its a guess.

On the note of KL, im a KL main. I picked Sonya up about a month ago and im loving her playstyle.

Espio

Kokomo
Every character forum is quiet because most of the new tech and strategies have been found, discussed heavily, and in general figured out well. Every forum is like this for the most part. Exceptions might exist, but the Kenshi, Liu Kang, Noob, and Stryker forums aren't super active either(there are dozens more I didn't mention, those are just examples) and those characters are spread out all across the tier list, it has nothing to do with character viability or popularity, it's just the point we're at currently.

The more important question is, what would/could be done to get more discussion going? Match videos, new tech, set up discussion, video guides, fun threads like (why do you main said character + story discussions) and the list goes on and on.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I dislike her, period.
Her face - ugh.
Her outfits - barf.
Her fighting style - bleh.
And the way she spreads her arms low and proclaims "Yeah" on the most uneducated, retarded blonde-woman-tone possible, makes me want to grab a whale and smack her with it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
A-hem.

I don't think this forum will be so dead once MLG Dallas comes around. I really need to get started on that Sonya guide I planned to create. It'll involve a mixture of written and video guides to emphasize every detail on the character. Some of it will probably include information that is known already, but it's for the sake of new and old players alike.

Someone answer me this: if she is so "braindead," as a few of you say, then why are there very few who play her, let alone win tournaments with her?

*holds up a finger to reveal his golden ring from the Uppercut Circuit*

Hold dat. ;)

redeyes

Button Masher
A-hem.

I don't think this forum will be so dead once MLG Dallas comes around. I really need to get started on that Sonya guide I planned to create. It'll involve a mixture of written and video guides to emphasize every detail on the character. Some of it will probably include information that is known already, but it's for the sake of new and old players alike.

Someone answer me this: if she is so "braindead," as a few of you say, then why are there very few who play her, let alone win tournaments with her?

Hold dat. ;)
adding you to list of sonya players my apologizes blake <3

but yes! your guide will be the breath of air this forum needs.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Sonya's good without really needing to exert yourself too much but she's downright scary when the player makes good reads. That being said, Sonya isn't braindead really but she gets away with alot ;_;

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
A-hem.

Hold dat. ;)
Because we like calling things braindead, hold....nothing.