What's new

Why is so hard to connect 2xx fan lift (kitana's bnb combo)

Ok guys, I have rly big problems connecting 2xx fan lift (combo is Kitana's bnb F21, NJP, 4xx fan toss, dash,2xx fan lift, dash dash b2....)

Basicly, it is very hard and has to be done SUPER ULTRA fast. I can do it maybe once out of 5 trys. I have TE fightstick and it looks like I can't do bb2 motion(fan lift) fast enough. (but trust me I can do it VERY fast). So I don't know whats wrong ? If there any strict timing? I have best trys when I mash it as fast as I can. Does anyone have any tips for this ? thanks

DrDogg

Noob
I have no problems with this except for occasionally getting b+2 instead of Fan Lift. All I do is buffer the b,b during the animation of the 2.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The timing's not really strict. Are you buffering the dash during the fan? If you're not, that's probably your problem. Also, when I looked at my inputs in practice I realized I normally actually do dash 2b2b, which works with negative edge. Maybe you could try that.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, online lag sometimes makes me whiff the fan lift, but i'll still connect the 2. The good thing is, players who for some reason don't do an invincible wakeup and don't block sometimes get hit by the fan lift afterwards for a reset ;)

^that can be avoided by doing a dash after njp, but i got into the habit of not dashing then and i haven't broken it yet.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
If you're not dashing after the NJP it makes it slightly harder imo. I find two short dashes rather than one big(ger) one easier.

I'm glad its tough though. You have to invest the time with kit.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
After the njp
try going for the dash, 3, fan toss, dash, 2, fan lift

maybe it's 4 leaving you in a awkward position.

After the njp
try going for the dash, 3, fan toss, dash, 2, fan lift

maybe it's 4 leaving you in a awkward position.

He could try that, but honestly I don't think it will help. I never have probs, even online, doing 4~fan. Sometimes b2 comes out after dash instead of 2~lifft, but that's it. It should be jip f21, njp, 4~fan, ff (full dash) 2~bb2 etc. it's the ff2bb2 that you have to get. It's not tough. It's tougher to do 4 ff4bb2, but using 2 is easy.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
same. to get the 4~lift I have to do a half dash into 4.
When I go for the 4s in the bnb, I try to do a whole dash as quick as I can in order to hit them as high and close as possible with first 4 before the fan toss. That way I only have to hit the second 4 on time(no dash) to get the fan lift.
But, as I said, even if he can't get the 2 instead of the second 4, he could try usin' 3 instead of the first 4.