What's new

Why Is My Life So Cruel..

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Kid, this isn't the first time you're posting that non-sense on TYM. In the MK11 sub-forum too, which has nothing to do with your problems.

The first time you did it, I rolled my eyes since I saw through you, but still offered advice and an ear. So did many others. You however didn't take that advice. Instead you complained about how everyone on TYM hates you and then you left TYM forever.

Yet here you are again. Just like I had seen it coming the first time. You're a certain type of person. I've seen so many of you. It's always the same shit.

To everyone else, who might actually be concerned: Trust me, he will be fine.
But you cant know that. I could be strong today not doing any suicidal shit then Bam tomorrow and here it is Done! Have fun trying to save me cause you can't.. Don't assume that ill be fine, see that's a weak point you made there.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
But you cant know that. I could be strong today not doing any suicidal shit then Bam tomorrow and here it is Done! Have fun trying to save me cause you can't.. Don't assume that ill be fine, see that's a weak point you made there.
Honestly, this right here... makes it seem like you're just doing this for attention or trying to make people feel bad.

As someone who struggles with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts myself for the past 10+ years, I can tell you that if you TRULY struggle with this as well, you HAVE to take the step towards getting the help you need to get better.

Using your illness as a way to get attention, making people feel sorry for you and make them feel bad is not okay. Using your illness as an excuse for your bad behaviour is not acceptable. Threatening with suicide to prove a point or win an argument is outright wrong!

No one can help you if you're not willing to accept the help. Seek out the right kind of help.

HAMMER

Noob
My boy Shinnok got beheaded and he couldn't even die, now that's a cruel destiny. And that makes me love him even more.

Whenever I feel that way, I remember that I embody a MK top villain. Nobody likes villains, everyone hates them. Yet they love themselves and fight for their dreams.
Shinnok, Mortal Kombat's best boss.

He had legendary voice in MK4(Gold); and they upped the ante in MKX!!

Might-Taro 19

Honestly, this right here... makes it seem like you're just doing this for attention or trying to make people feel bad.

As someone who struggles with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts myself for the past 10+ years, I can tell you that if you TRULY struggle with this as well, you HAVE to take the step towards getting the help you need to get better.

Using your illness as a way to get attention, making people feel sorry for you and make them feel bad is not okay. Using your illness as an excuse for your bad behaviour is not acceptable. Threatening with suicide to prove a point or win an argument is outright wrong!

No one can help you if you're not willing to accept the help. Seek out the right kind of help.
Oh don't be his side now I care less what you think is acceptable. I've went and seen my therapist countless times, I talked to my parents, past ex friends, case manager, Accounsler. The majority of the time they couldn't help me with shit. I don't understand why I have to be the one dealing with my problems. Its not fun at all carrying all this weight and trash my whole life and people not being able to help. Why don't I listen why dont I actually use their advice? Cause most of it is pure bullshit that even typing this makes me feel angry.. K you get it now? Of course you don't...ride your little Norse horsey with jade.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't understand why I have to be the one dealing with my problems
Because they are YOUR problems. If you don't wish to deal with them, but would rather take it out on everyone else, then you're just making it worse on yourself.

It's an illness. It needs to be tended to in order to heal. It might never go away, but again, it doesn't give you the right to be an asshole to everyone else.

Because yes, I do indeed get it. Because I've been where you are.

Might-Taro 19

Because they are YOUR problems. If you don't wish to deal with them, but would rather take it out on everyone else, then you're just making it worse on yourself.

It's an illness. It needs to be tended to in order to heal. It might never go away, but again, it doesn't give you the right to be an asshole to everyone else.

Because yes, I do indeed get it. Because I've been where you are.
Doesn't matter what I do, life feels meaningless to me now. I even stopped playing Mk11. Sorry if I acted out as a asshole. but that doesn't fix anything Lol. I feel no relief from my true apologies.. until next time maybe I might stick around. If not, I'm sorry..I don't like life and you will know why I chose my upbringing..

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’m 19 too, like someone else said, adjust your diet and exercise and sleep. Feeling good is the shit, learn things. Every day you could be getting stronger or weaker. And yeah life sucks right now for me too I’m not gonna lie, idk we just gotta be positive dude

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’d like to punch your fucking face to death so that you start valuing your life in the process. I’ve been living in depression for 2 years and still have hopes about recovering, so quit being an idiot and restart your life.
Sports, hobbies, meditation a lot of things can help you. Even games. And don’t think about cyber bullying, that shit is fools errand.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Video games can help, but I would say put MK on the back burner.

I focused on my health and my education and I’m way happier and pull way more honeys than I did even my last couple years of high school. Go hard at school, get a fun part time job and make it your bitch.

I’m not that good at MK anymore but it’s okay, it’s a dumb video game, it’s a hobby, it’s not worth anything really, just have fun

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I tried to jump off a bridge in 2017.

Was failing college, lost my student job, had no where to live because my mother disowned me.

Felt so alone. Hadn't made any true friends as an undergrad, no girlfriend, nothing. Hungry and digging through dumpsters for extra food at night.

Locked myself in my apartment playing games all day to try and escape.

Shit was unhealthy. I can tell you the reason I'm here now is because I found people who saw my value and reminded me of jt.

True friends.

I reconnected with my extended family. They have me somewhere to stay and pressured me to get my shit together.

It was good pressure. Well intended pressure from people who cared about me. I know I'm not alone now. I still have enormous guilt and esteem issues, but I feel so much more alive now then ever before.

Start talking with a counselor or therapist. Go out if your way to make a friend, a real one. Take a chance and leave your comfort zone. I wouldn't have met my friends had I stayed locked in my apartment like I wanted to.

Find people who see your worth and remind you of it. Dont live to make them happy, live so that you feel the same about yourself as they feel about you.

PM me if you wanna talk more.

Kratilim

Noob
You're still a kid, you've got a lot to learn about life. Life can suck, but it can be wonderful too. But you need to make it wonderful. You can't just sit around waiting for someone to fix it for you. You need to get up off your ass and start doing something. Anything that you can use to vent your emotions through. Pick up a musical instrument or something, maybe sports. You posting here doesn't honestly come across as someone who is genuinely suicidal. More that you're lost and don't know what to do. That doesn't devalue yor emotions. You just don't know what to do. And that's pretty normal at your age. Like many have said here, you need to pick yourself up. You can do it. Good luck.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
As a medical professional you need to see a psychiatrist or a neurologist. Going to a therapist isn't doing you any good. If this is true and not just attention seeking, they're the ones that will be able to help you.

Also, while it's hard to forget about the past, you need to use the past for motivation to move forward.

Life fucking sucks, I've seen it all in the ER/ICU. Suicides, children dying, whole families DOA from car accidents, fore, blood, guts. The worst of the worst. You know what makes me not rip up my license? The ones that can be saved and that go home.

Yeah, life sucks and it's hard and theres a lot more downs than ups for most people but the greatness of the ups far outweigh the downs, but YOU have to make them happen.

Good luck.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Video games can help, but I would say put MK on the back burner.

I focused on my health and my education and I’m way happier and pull way more honeys than I did even my last couple years of high school. Go hard at school, get a fun part time job and make it your bitch.

I’m not that good at MK anymore but it’s okay, it’s a dumb video game, it’s a hobby, it’s not worth anything really, just have fun
Boi, you getting smarter with each passing year.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
As a medical professional you need to see a psychiatrist or a neurologist. Going to a therapist isn't doing you any good. If this is true and not just attention seeking, they're the ones that will be able to help you.
When I first admitted to needing help I started with a therapist at my university. It's a good starting point to help get the raw feelings out. From there he reccomended me an actual psychiatrist who could move forward with diagnoses and medication. I found the move from therapist to an actual clinical psychiatrist to be helpful.

I think its good to start at a level where you can just talk. The whole notion of medication scared me. I had to ease into it.

I think Samsara has great advice. I don't necessarily think this is great, but I have turned to video games in a big way many times in my life and it helped alot. I was having the worst depression of my life around 2007 when Valve's Orange Box came out. I tried out a little game called Team Fortress 2 and I was hooked. I then went full on escapism turned up to 11 and played 50-70 hrs a week.

Depression went away and when I had enough of TF2 and quit, I was in a way better mental state. Again, I like Samsara's ideas more, but since youre on this forum, I'm guessing you have at least some interest in MK. Maybe if nothing else works, go balls deep into MK11 and become a tournament player, AND make new friends. I did that with MK9 and MKX, and about to do that with MK11 too :D
my .02

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Everyone stfu. The people on tym are too inferior to understand the meta of the last 3 nrs games but are experts on quality of life advice.

You’re fat, sweaty, pathetic, egotistical nerds and nobody cares what you have to say about this attention grabbing post. This is not the place. I’m tired of seeing this discussion hit the front page.

Might-Taro 19

Everyone stfu. The people on tym are too inferior to understand the meta of the last 3 nrs games but are experts on quality of life advice.

You’re fat, sweaty, pathetic, egotistical nerds and nobody cares what you have to say about this attention grabbing post. This is not the place. I’m tired of seeing this discussion hit the front page.
Don't even post anything if you don't got anything useful to say..

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Jesus Christ. This thread turned into a really nice supportive group to the asinine shit I expected it to get to.

I'll say it like this, even if you ARE just looking for attention, insulting someone who wants that attention isn't exactly the way to make someone improve.

Especially this dumb ignorant shit right here. Bro, you take time to post on a fucking Mortal Kombat message board. You're just as nerdy and weird as the rest of us. Just sit your high horse ass down and dwell on the fact the only time we got a Green Lantern movie was the Ryan Reynolds one. Ol rude ass.

That said, Might-Taro. I don't know what this is about. First off, there are a ton of good Reddits for these kind of posts. This place ain't exactly the best place to work it all out. But, I'm gonna respect it.

Some life tips as someone who did some dumb shit, and hates his life but works every day to manage to smile.

1. Find something to look forward to. Anything. My friends and new experiences with people tend to be that. I got my support groups and I have friends who will be here until the end of the time unless I choose to do something stupid enough to end it.

2. Go work out. Seriously. This was the best thing I could ever do for myself. Working out makes you feel great, gives you confidence, energy. Go take a walk. Walk to a gym depending on your area. It's nice. It's very nice.

3. Listen to some uplifting music,. Again, weird flex but walking to some nice music about success is the key.

4. Don't allow life to beat you down otherwise you're a bitch. You gotta keep getting up. If the rest of us gotta, you gotta too. Cause someone out there loves you and they might need you more than you think,

I can't give you the answers. I can just give you what I did. And it kinda helped out. Does it make everything better? Fuck no. But the reality is, nothing ever will. You just gotta find the good shit to take you away from the bad sometimes.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Never said I wasn’t. But I’m not another bonafide, self-loathing scrub offering life advice to a stranger on the internet like it’s a cure all for anyone blessed by my good word.

“Hey I hate myself too, but here take my advice”..

I’m the one that’s modest here. You think you’re better than everyone else with your basic advice that anyone could dish out like a pre packaged shit sandwich. I’m of the opinion that all people are equals from their shared humanity, unlike you.

Just needed to give you all a kick in the nuts cause it seemed like you need it desperately. Everyone on this thread check their balls and see if they’re still there.

You will thank me later.

Especially this dumb ignorant shit right here. Bro, you take time to post on a fucking Mortal Kombat message board. You're just as nerdy and weird as the rest of us. Just sit your high horse ass down and dwell on the fact the only time we got a Green Lantern movie was the Ryan Reynolds one. Ol rude ass.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Never said I wasn’t. But I’m not another bonafide, self-loathing scrub offering life advice to a stranger on the internet like it’s a cure all for anyone blessed by my good word.

“Hey I hate myself too, but here take my advice”..

I’m the one that’s modest here. You think you’re better than everyone else with your basic advice that anyone could dish out like a pre packaged shit sandwich. I’m of the opinion that all people are equals from their shared humanity, unlike you.

Just needed to give you all a kick in the nuts cause it seemed like you need it desperately. Everyone on this thread check their balls and see if they’re still there.

You will thank me later.
"Yes, why can't people be like me?! Cynical and useless and offer nothing but banter!"

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm taking OPs word on faith here. Not everyone giving advice in this thread are high on being down in themselves.

Talking to a therapist, surrounding yourself with positive influences, making personal connections, and seeing a clinical psychiatrist can all help with depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.

He came here to talk, yall can ridicule him if you want. I dont see how that helps.

Any asshole can tell others to shut up when they try and help or post tone deaf memes like they're above it all.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I'm taking OPs word on faith here. Not everyone giving advice in this thread are high on being down in themselves.

Talking to a therapist, surrounding yourself with positive influences, making personal connections, and seeing a clinical psychiatrist can all help with depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.

He came here to talk, yall can ridicule him if you want. I dont see how that helps.

Any asshole can tell others to shut up when they try and help or post tone deaf memes like they're above it all.
Tone deaf? You picking a fight over my IASIP reference? Hmmm. Im really getting kinda tired of the safe-space culture. Dude is posting threats of suicide on a video game message board. He deserves ridicule. If its genuine, he doesnt need anyone here. Were essentially pixels and automated text to him.

You seem nice, and I read your cute paragraph about your struggles. A lot of us have been there. A lot of us know that pain, but were not burdening the internet and seeking affirmation. Its pathetic. Its comical.

Dont be the joke police. Thats a meme, this thread is a meme, everyone here is memeing.