What's new

Why is MK trilogy so Broken?

I havn't played it in years, What makes it so much more broken than UMK3? Why do so many people have infinites? I havn't played the game in years, and I don't remember.

There are a lot of factors that make MKT less balanced than UMK3.

-Bosses
-MKII characters do more damage
-The new characters from old games have changed physics in trilogy which made infs because they went unchecked.
-Noob Saibot
-N64 trilogy is very different than UMK3. In N64 some people have faster ducking HKs than others, which makes absolutely no difference in UMK3 but in N64 it makes the difference between easy infs or not.

When I say 'less balanced' I mean their are a lot of varrying factors that don't neccesarily break the game but it's still annoying.
For example, when you play someone in UMK3 you would fight every character the similary. Now in trilogy, say that motaro and kung lao are about the same in rank (for example), a match against Kung Lao and a match against Motaro would be comepletely different.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, right off the bat, Noob and Rain are broken. The bosses are Broken.

Once they are taken away, the game is still unbalanced, but those characters shatter the planet.

MK2 Kung Lao is pretty broken as well. He does MK2 level damage, is extremely fast, and has a very simple, big damage combo. Baraka can do massive damage in a few simple hits too. And he also does MK2 level damage.

MK2 Kung Lao, MK2 Jax, Johnny Cage, and Baraka do MK2 level damage. MK2 Raiden does MK3 level damage and he seems like a pretty decently balanced character.

Kung Lao's spin disables, which is a balancing effort, but then it can move, which just breaks him in a different way, lol.

And then if you are talking about N64, there are a lot of problems with the gameplay overall that break it in addition to the add-ons that break it.

Spooky

Banned
I know Classic Sub-Zero is in MK3 Ultimate or wutever but his combo does 45%

the one where he juggles you jump kick and slide

Shit is massive damage

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
All the characters in MKT are faster. MK1 Kano and I think even MK1 Raiden can juggle 4 HPs on some characters since they hit much faster than anyone else.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Kah Ball said:
I know Classic Sub-Zero is in MK3 Ultimate or wutever but his combo does 45%

the one where he juggles you jump kick and slide

Shit is massive damage
45% isn't a particularly large amount of damage from a combo. Most characters in ultimate can get damage like that if you are starting with aaHP like you would with Classic Sub. And if you are starting with aaHP with him you can get more than 45% with out too much difficulty. He has you can get aaHP, ground freeze, kick starter, popup, deep jump kick, aaLP or HP (forget which) and jump kick or slide or something. And he also has the relaunch.

So in Ultimate, and MKT for PSX Sub isn't broken. He could be in MKT for N64, I forget if they butchered his move properties in that.

Spooky

Banned
true but to get those massive combos with the high punches and shit no one pulls off online unless the player you're vsing is horrible ;o

Kaiba

Noob
You can try, after the pop-up, (MKT Broken vol. 3 with an mid screen)but easier towards the corner...an Ice Shower!! Way to broken, but fun to do none the less.

hahaha...all signs alwayhs point to Noob and Rain.

Rain is broken but still fun to own people as. I like to shoot off the orb, move them to the top of the screen and as they fall I summon lightning and then recatch them in an orb.