What's new

Question Why is Aquaman so hard to fight?

He seems really hard to fight against if you are a character with poor combo range. His trident gives him so much reach and in this game reach matters A LOT. He is also practically handed free combos by the nature of his combos. His most important one, the one that starts low and knocks them into the air is great. Its really easy to do combos on people who are in the air because you have time to relax and refocus a bit and do the inputs right.

Anyway, why is aquaman so hard to fight? I find it hard to combat him because I play characters with poor anti air I guess and when he jumps in I don't know if I should keep blocking high or go low. Its ambiguous.

Dan

KomboMaker
His lower trident is very fast. Also, almost all of his attacks cannot be punished.

IMHO he should be nerfed ASAP.

How to beat Aquaman. Punish the damn db2 or deep trident move. Jump on him, he has to burn meter to reliable defend a cross up. Aquaman has a very SLOW move speed in general take advantage of that if you can. Block low never block high, his overhead is slow as hell. block low after the overhead though because he has a fast overhead to low combo.

After you see him trait just throw him, you know he is gonna block.

That's all i got for you. I don't really have trouble with aquaman.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i could swear most of his trident moves were very punishable....btw what does it trait do exactly?