What's new

Question Why dose no one play scarlet in pro level?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How exactly does Skarlet go even with kabal?
Kabal can outzone her and wins trades. You obviously can't braindead zone her like subzero or JC but she still gets outzoned.

here 50/50's are really unsafe too compared to kabals. She has a lot of damage yes but that could be the same for other characters like rain, kitana, ermac, etc.
From the experience i'm getting against Kabal, his poor wakeup game gives her a good upper hand, at least enough to continue to have meter and anti-zone kabal everytime she needs to.
His pressure isin't a big deal here, 2NDC whiffs on skarlet crouch block after a B1 or F4.
Crimson Dash followups can't be flash parried, which nulify EX ND because of the counter reads lockups

The kabals here are not doing iaGB on point yet, which i believe to be a pain in the ass, but her D3(lower her hitbox adsurdly low) to rd makes her move way more futher than any character in the game besides maybe jade or reptile, and still duck the next gas blast in the process
when skarlet corners kabal its like some sort of jax
btw, this MU is really least explored, which is why there is a small chance of this MU be even, but i can be wrong too.

Justice

Noob
some interesting thoughts... I nvr really considered this but DLC asa marketing gimick kind of hurts the game as by the time the new fighters are out people have settled on their mains and they nvr get the play they deserve?
In North America that isn't as big of an issue since we're more likely to have subs and pocket characters. Or just play characters we think are kool.

It's mainly the execution and learning curve that keeps Skarlet off streams.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I agree. I haven't really seen Kabal vs Skarlet here. But I'm sure Cat and Scar has played it

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Lulzlou

Noob
From the experience i'm getting against Kabal, his poor wakeup game gives her a good upper hand, at least enough to continue to have meter and anti-zone kabal everytime she needs to.
His pressure isin't a big deal here, 2NDC whiffs on skarlet crouch block after a B1 or F4.
Crimson Dash followups can't be flash parried, which nulify EX ND because of the counter reads lockups

The kabals here are not doing iaGB on point yet, which i believe to be a pain in the ass, but her D3(lower her hitbox adsurdly low) to rd makes her move way more futher than any character in the game besides maybe jade or reptile, and still duck the next gas blast in the process
when skarlet corners kabal its like some sort of jax
btw, this MU is really least explored, which is why there is a small chance of this MU be even, but i can be wrong too.
Kabal's wake up game IS flash parry/ex dash. You have to respect it or he will blow pretty much everything up. When Kabal is cornered and has no meter he is in a lot of trouble. He fine mid screen because of how fast he builds meter from pressure and zoning together.

2ndc isn't really the problem, but getting caught standing will hurt you. The advantage it gives on block is really good. You have to respect all of his options afterwards unless you want to risk armoring out. From playing Skarlets on psn, he only needs to pressure for a bit then go into a 50/50. He can lame skarlet out it seems. Skarlet has to play really risky if Kabal has a good life lead.

I see all of Skarlets problems in the match up but I have to agree that this MU is unexplored. I honestly think its no less than 6/4 kabal. The way I play kabal is weird so I hope to play one offline soon so I can have it recorded.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kabal's wake up game IS flash parry/ex dash. You have to respect it or he will blow pretty much everything up. When Kabal is cornered and has no meter he is in a lot of trouble. He fine mid screen because of how fast he builds meter from pressure and zoning together.

2ndc isn't really the problem, but getting caught standing will hurt you. The advantage it gives on block is really good. You have to respect all of his options afterwards unless you want to risk armoring out. From playing Skarlets on psn, he only needs to pressure for a bit then go into a 50/50. He can lame skarlet out it seems. Skarlet has to play really risky if Kabal has a good life lead.

I see all of Skarlets problems in the match up but I have to agree that this MU is unexplored. I honestly think its no less than 6/4 kabal. The way I play kabal is weird so I hope to play one offline soon so I can have it recorded.
I only play Offline, and i can assure you, Kabal Can't flash Nomad Charge trough skarlet's Crimson dash, and the counter reads setups prevents him for using it. having meter or not, if he gets cornered he is fucked up.

but i hate theory fighting so i won't be descibre how i would do this to top that and etc etc, u didn't discribe anything that is unknown to me, this is exactly part of the stuff Angolan Kabal Players are trying, and also this is why i can deal with him in 1st place.

peace luz

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah idk anything about the Kabal MU but whenever I play it it always feels like a 4-6 or worse for Skarlet. The best Kabal I've played was Lulzlou but then again it was online and was a long time ago. :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
some interesting thoughts... I nvr really considered this but DLC asa marketing gimick kind of hurts the game as by the time the new fighters are out people have settled on their mains and they nvr get the play they deserve?
lol

i admire this new way to get rid of kenshi

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Lulzlou just a quick FYI - Skarlet's EX Dash beats Kabal's EX Dash every time, assuming Skarlet's EX Dash (and/or the follow up Up/Down Slash or Slide) is active when (EX) Nomad Dash hits.

The only moves EX Dash doesn't absorb fully is invincibility moves / x-rays (again, assuming the duration of the move lasts for the duration of the hits, like any other super armor).

Lulzlou

Noob
Lulzlou just a quick FYI - Skarlet's EX Dash beats Kabal's EX Dash every time, assuming Skarlet's EX Dash (and/or the follow up Up/Down Slash or Slide) is active when (EX) Nomad Dash hits.

The only moves EX Dash doesn't absorb fully is invincibility moves / x-rays (again, assuming the duration of the move lasts for the duration of the hits, like any other super armor).
It doesnt beat it everytime. 90% of the time it will and I wasn't downplaying skarlet. What I'm trying to say is that you guys act like we are going to flash parry and ex dash everytime. If I throw out a normal flash parry then its all yours but there is a way for it to have priority.

If I'm pressuring and I read a ex dash (not sure of it works the same going into slide), I can do b12 into flash parry and it will beat it out. I've done it before. If the kabal times it right the armor takes the hit and I can full combo if I do b121. The duration for b121 is long enough to get a launch from skarlet. I'm not sure of it was only against overhead slash or the other one. I feel like I can beat out the slide if I do b1 or f3 into flash parry instead of f32 or b12

I wasn't trying to prove you guys wrong. I see all of her problems in the match up thats all

AssassiN

Noob
It doesnt beat it everytime. 90% of the time it will and I wasn't downplaying skarlet. What I'm trying to say is that you guys act like we are going to flash parry and ex dash everytime. If I throw out a normal flash parry then its all yours but there is a way for it to have priority.

If I'm pressuring and I read a ex dash (not sure of it works the same going into slide), I can do b12 into flash parry and it will beat it out. I've done it before. If the kabal times it right the armor takes the hit and I can full combo if I do b121. The duration for b121 is long enough to get a launch from skarlet. I'm not sure of it was only against overhead slash or the other one. I feel like I can beat out the slide if I do b1 or f3 into flash parry instead of f32 or b12

I wasn't trying to prove you guys wrong. I see all of her problems in the match up thats all
She can option select Kabal's wake-up game and counter with her own EX dash.
Kabal has no meter? Here comes U3 on his wake-up game and beat out anything he does. Allowing her mix-ups with U3.
+-30 frames of armor against like 5-6 frames of armor from Kabal?
She can carry her armor up to around 40-45 frames if she inputs slash.
Armor and meter-wise, Skarlet beats out Kabal.

I'm not trying to sweettalk the MU, I agree that it's 6-4 for Kabal.
Haven't seen the B12, flash parry against Skarlet's full on EX RD. But if I think about it it can be easily punished by Skarlet.

Lulzlou

Noob
She can option select Kabal's wake-up game and counter with her own EX dash.
Kabal has no meter? Here comes U3 on his wake-up game and beat out anything he does. Allowing her mix-ups with U3.
+-30 frames of armor against like 5-6 frames of armor from Kabal?
She can carry her armor up to around 40-45 frames if she inputs slash.
Armor and meter-wise, Skarlet beats out Kabal.

I'm not trying to sweettalk the MU, I agree that it's 6-4 for Kabal.
Haven't seen the B12, flash parry against Skarlet's full on EX RD. But if I think about it it can be easily punished by Skarlet.
The thing is I don't need to flash parry everytime I want to wake up lol. I wake up flash parry to get out of the corner against skarlet if i feel that is the only way. I can simply use the invincibility jump out. The problem here is theory fighting. I agree on her dash beating flash parry like I said before but its all reads.

I'll try to record something tomorrow showing what I'm talking about. Maybe when I do it they don't expect it and don't block because they think their armor will take all of the hits so I'll give it another shot.

Flash Parry ISN'T why this match up is not even. Its similar to the Sonya match up imo

edit; I mean to say I don't have to wake up everytime with flash parry. I can easily respect her options. Go ahead and waste more meter, thats what I want in that mu

Ninj

Lulzlou I wasn't theory-fighting you, just explaining the mechanics.

Skarlet has 27 frames of super armor with EX Red Dash. She gets the following amount of total frames if she adds certain moves to it at the last possible frame (so the typical number is usually smaller than this, as most of the time I see Skarlet players using the followup move far before the last possible frame):
Red Slide: 58
Up Slash: 47
Down Slash: 58
Dual Up Slash: 57
Dual Down Slash: 74

If you can time the Flash Parry to absorb one of the hits and then have the Nomad Dash hit after Skarlet's super armor frames are over (note: will never work on dual up slash/down slash, as it's 2 hits with super armor on each) .

I'm not speaking to the likelihood/difficulty of any possible situation. Only stating the mechanics of how the game works.

Lulzlou

Noob
Lulzlou

If you can time the Flash Parry to absorb one of the hits and then have the Nomad Dash hit after Skarlet's super armor frames are over (note: will never work on dual up slash/down slash, as it's 2 hits with super armor on each) .

I'm not speaking to the likelihood/difficulty of any possible situation. Only stating the mechanics of how the game works.
I think thats what happened when I fought the skarlet player. I can't remember who it was

My apologies for what I said earlier. I just tested some of it out with birdsongs and it seems I can't do anything if its the fastest input. My guess is that he waited really long before he did the follow up or tried to interrupt b12. I forgot birdsongs played skarlet so I'm going to try more stuff out with her.

gonna bother me until I figure out what happened. I have some more ideas

Ninj

I think thats what happened when I fought the skarlet player. I can't remember who it was

My apologies for what I said earlier. I just tested some of it out with birdsongs and it seems I can't do anything if its the fastest input. My guess is that he waited really long before he did the follow up or tried to interrupt b12. I forgot birdsongs played skarlet so I'm going to try more stuff out with her.

gonna bother me until I figure out what happened. I have some more ideas
No need for apologies friend. I don't know where Skarlet falls in the who's better than who list. I explain her armor as being 'equal to Kabal's, just different'. They're both extremely powerful.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No need for apologies friend. I don't know where Skarlet falls in the who's better than who list. I explain her armor as being 'equal to Kabal's, just different'. They're both extremely powerful.
I came to the conclusion that this character tier position is variable, she is a tier moving character depending of how her tools are used to exploit in matches. she can decrease or increase from her currently top 15 position to top 5.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, she has the tools but she's really hard to play? Definitely my kind of girl then. :)
I'd hate to play something braindead.