What's new

Question Why dose no one play scarlet in pro level?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Her combos seam very strong.. why dose she get hardly any plays.. I have seen almost every character on teamspoky apart from her and a few others.. but she seams a good toon.. I am not sure why teh pros dilike her so?

AssassiN

Noob
Her combos seam very strong.. why dose she get hardly any plays.. I have seen almost every character on teamspoky apart from her and a few others.. but she seams a good toon.. I am not sure why teh pros dilike her so?
She is not disliked, people do main her.
Just that there are not a lot of Skarlet mains out there and only a few reside in the USA.
You've got L0rdoftheFLY, RedRaptor10, Johnny2d, FCP/EMP SCAR and a few more.
Only 2 of those go to offline tournaments(LOTF and Scar), but it's been a while since they attended a tournament.
There are also some Skarlet mains in Europe and 1 in Africa( Eddy Wang), but since the competitive numbers are low outside of the US those scenes are pretty much dead.

Why are not there more Skarlet mains?
Most of the players are already happy with the character they main and Skarlet is a high execution character.
In general there are not a lot of DLC mainers and you need to put a lot of work in her in order to get comfortable with combo's and such.

Maybe silently he does?
Still, he deserve props.
nah site says last time he logged in was january, lol
yeah, he's a really cool guy too. he's probably my favorite player to watch as well as to converse with (though pig, blake, and jamessmk vie for the latter spot as well).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Skarlet is the just the youngest char of mk9.
People didn't play her for a while and this for many reasons : never seen in the mk background, DLC (¥€$), female char (many players don't play girls, they're wrong obviously), hard executions, weird timings, red dash/armor metagame, etc...

Skarlet is still experimental. Too bad she starts to show up just before injustice comes out.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Skarlet is one of the many characters in the game that suffer from middle child syndrome IMO, the things she's great at, there's other characters that are better in the area, she's a handy character if you want all of them collectively in one package though I guess.. But ultimately that's why the community has such a mixed opinion on her and we may never know where she really stands.

Also to my knowledge the only out and out Skarlet main was Ninj, while she does other great representatives at the moment, they still use at least 1 other character, so that doesn't help.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Eddy Wang, I agree with you about kabal. While I myself cannot get the job done, I can see the potential there. I think that if there were 2 REO's and one mained skarlet, the other Kabal, you would see the Skarlet REO winning more. This character needs someone like REO, or maybe PL, with high execution and dedication to perform well. I feel like skarlet is a contender for top shelf, but dat learning curve and timing keep her grounded.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I am planning in our growing offline scene in Minneapolis and plan to make it to at least one major this coming year, however, I'm nowhere near pro level. I just like the character a lot. She fits how I want to play this game. That might actually be the answer to the OP too, top players have their characters that fit their styles, maybe they just pick characters they like the same way us average Joe's pick characters we like. Why do I like skarlet? I just do, she fits.

Also, lets be honest, there are only a handful of TOP pro players, these guys are truly masters of the game, are we seriously saying that these top players pick brain dead characters because they don't want to put the work into it? Come on... this is a joke. Skarlet's execution is not holding top players back from using her.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The player is their own worst enemy here. Forget about execution, it's how well you can keep up the pressure and not drop combos.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't think it's just execution, you have to have great fundamentals with this character and a superior knowledge of how the game works.

ryublaze

Noob
Execution, fundamentals, meter management, MU knowledge all come into play i think if u want to be successful with Skarlet. Right now the only USA tournament Skarlets are EMP Scar, Fly, and CD. A few people said that they were going to pick her up like MIT and (i think) Death. Eddy Wang lives in Africa, I can't travel to tournaments, Ninj retired, other Skarlets reside outside of the US. It also takes a loooong time to get her at a high enough level to compete IMO. and her iaD are the hardest in the game besides Scorpion's iaT.