What's new

why dont ppl like armageddon

1. It still the same broken gameplay like Deception was.
2. Everyone has the same create a fatality.
3. Everyone only has one style and one weapon(many that have simply be recycled from the previous games and just given to characters that are new. 4. You can play as bosses right off the bat.
5. Konquest mode was just a dumbed down Shaolin Monks(then again didn't expect much from it.)
6. Kombat Kart racing was just a useless mini game.

XL

Noob
I actually prefered Deception's konquest mode more than Armageddon's. Deception's konquest was more RPGish.

Kreate-A-Fatality was the worst addition to the entire game. It is awful because there aren't many ways to go about it. Like the poster above said, everyone does the same thing. Not only that, it's just body part removing fatalities. Nothing creative at all. I hope it never returns.

And also mentioned, the gameplay is as broken as Deception was. Except probably ten times worse due to air combat.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Actually, the game is only truly broken with the Air Cancels discovered by Check on the first day the game came out lol ... and those rarely work online due to lag issues.

MKA fixed a lot of what made Deception frustratingly broken (most, if not all, characters had an infinite - some even several infinites). But there are still tons of exploitable moves and free throws that make the game the most broken of them all.

It can be a very fun game, but at high level, most matches are won with a time over victory. It's a huge turtlefest.

its a wanna be 3d game that sucks. still after mk4 they can get the 3d thing down yet. i would be happy with digi maped type GOW graphics redone on existing models that work.

ltzasz

Noob
I actually liked Deception's konquest mode too. Sure, it was repetitive, but you were able to practice with different characters and gain a general knowledge of everyone. As far as MKA, I just felt like I had played it before (which was true). After years of playing Deadly Alliance and Deception, Armageddon didn't really change anything. Not to mention how much stuff they recycled from the previous games.

marv

Noob
Motor Kombat was a silly side game like Puzzle from deception. I'd rather have something like chess that involves the fighting engine. That's what it's all about, after all.

The konquest mode was more like shaolin monks. but it wasn't as good as shaolin monks, and seemed a lot simpler, and maybe brokener. The story was also a lot more linear, even moreso than Shaolin monks. It also seemed to end abruptly, I wonder if it wasn't finished or something.

They should have taken the shaolin monks system and approved upon it, rather than rewritting a simpler, crappier version.

Also in Shaolin Monks, there was a vs mode. It would have been cool to do that in mka. Two vs modes in 1 game. Imagine that. Or 4 player free for alls, that switch to the normal battle system after two men are dead.

A lot of what defined a character's personality was in their fatalities. In MKA, everyone has every fatality. They're all quick combos, instead of slow dramatic shows.

Khameleon was missing (though she'll be in the Wii version apparently). I find it somewhat frustratingly to have every character sans 1, instead of every character.

No bios in the game, some of the endings were kind of crappy. No ending art, just the kata.

KAF mode was really cool. And yet a few things I expected were missing. I can't create a Shijinko, I can't create a Jedi.

Kazlaz

Noob
it sucks becuase

kreate a fatality
kreate a karacter online which is really unfare unless you have one better
how it takes you over 2 minutes to get to the character becuase theres not run button

kazlaz said:
it sucks becuase

kreate a fatality
kreate a karacter online which is really unfare unless you have one better
how it takes you over 2 minutes to get to the character becuase theres not run button
How many 3d fighting games have a run button?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Konqrr said:
Actually, the game is only truly broken with the Air Cancels discovered by Check on the first day the game came out lol ... and those rarely work online due to lag issues.

MKA fixed a lot of what made Deception frustratingly broken (most, if not all, characters had an infinite - some even several infinites). But there are still tons of exploitable moves and free throws that make the game the most broken of them all.

It can be a very fun game, but at high level, most matches are won with a time over victory. It's a huge turtlefest.
Man,Check/Redsaleen have found a substitution for aerial cancels online.It's an online only aerial OTG that can be done on ANY kind of connection.It can lead into infinite combos or it can be simply used as a tool for more damage just like the ordinary aerial cancels.

That's not all,though.Another glitch allows you to freeze your opponent entirely for the whole fucking round from a single throw (a la Ashrah's throw/over-head fireball "freeze" glitch on MK:D online).Works online with a 1-2 star connection very,very easily.

I don't want to spoil Check's new video so just wait and see the atrocity for yourselves.

PS:If there's a run button in the next 3D MK,they better make sure you can also run back...run back all day and TS Drop/fireball mix up... :shock:

When Deadly Alliance came out, I was overhyped on it's graphics, but dissapointed that the fighting system had changed and everyone had 1 fatality, which pretty much sucked from everyone (do I have to mention Quan Chi's most retarded fatality EVER?), And the way everyone looks like they've turned to popcorn when its over was a turnoff.

When Deception came out, I was psyched on its death traps and konquest and online modes...only to find out that death traps were more than just a fatality, but just a cheesy way to get a win, conquest mode did nothing but teach me shit I already knew in MK:DA...puzzle kombat was a rip off of puzzle fighter...but i did want to see something like that...but I suck at puzzles...so screw that! Online gave me a chance to fight other people because people i know around me won't participate, so that was cool but still got broken in the end. And fatalities again...glad we got two that time, but they still sucked...and for the record, scorpion STOLE that Spine Rip fatality from sub - zero...it just showed that they weren't trying anymore...

Shaolin Monks...at least it's better than MK: Special Forces and Mythologies.

Armageddon...I wanted it just because everyone in MK history came back. but KAF sucked...killed the joy, conquest mode was...kinda short, but ok...motor komat...like the last guy said, pointless and pretty much everything else above this uneccesary story that was said.

I get excited just to be knocked back down...what a way to end it all...and coundn't end it all with the original idea of 2D gaming could they?

Glad to have gotten that off my chest. It's how I feel inside...but I still love Mortal Kombat for what it was...a great game.
The legacy ended with UMK3...that's my story and everyone else's...no bullshit.

Scheisse said:
I loved Shaolin Monks.

In Armageddon, I liked conquest and the racing the best. The actual game was shit.

I knew when they announced that every character in the game was gonna be in it +you could make your own character on top of that, that the game would have no debth.
Good point...I was too busy expressing what i hated so far and forgot to mention good things about them. I too had fun with Shaolin Monks, because it was the only MK game other than MK1 - MKT that people wanted to play with me in, its still better than Mythologies and Special Forces (obviously). As for MKA, the KAK was awesome at first until other players try too hard to make them cheap for online play as well as the continuous spam of bosses, I am not a fan of racing games but motor kombat was funny as hell, and conquest was fun this time because it wasn't a training lesson all the time but almost like shaolin monks. You have pin-pointed the good things for me. Thank You!

Derek

Noob
l SuGaR l said:
GS: Why did you decide to bring MK: Armageddon to the Wii, as opposed to creating an original installment of the series?

EB: MK: Armageddon is such a hit with the fans, and what better game to bring to a new console than a game with every character from the history of MK in it? Any "new game" would have fewer characters; we wanted to bring them all to the Wii to bring as much content as possible to the Wii.
Fucking liar.

:cry:

dreemernj

Ambassador
l SuGaR l said:
l SuGaR l said:
GS: Why did you decide to bring MK: Armageddon to the Wii, as opposed to creating an original installment of the series?

EB: MK: Armageddon is such a hit with the fans, and what better game to bring to a new console than a game with every character from the history of MK in it? Any "new game" would have fewer characters; we wanted to bring them all to the Wii to bring as much content as possible to the Wii.
Fucking liar.

:cry:
He is looking at sales, and the sales of MKA were quite good from what I hear.

They make a game like this where the gameplay is pretty trashy but people that don't know fighters can pick it up and make stuff happen just by mashing buttons. Random people like it, blood and gore has a very stable fan base, and it sells pretty well.

The makers of Star Trek feel they are hurt by trekkies. The makers of MK probably feel similarly about die hard fans. They scare off new folks, which hurts sales. There are people that bought MKDA, MKD, and MKA because each time they got something they could play with friends, have a decent time, and never have to worry about feeling like they don't know the game at all.

MKDA was a good game. I Bought MKA for the Huge cast of characters. Not for Online play. I play it with my Cousin, which your right about dreemer, he Hates UMK3 and doesn't realize why its so awesome. Small attention span=He likes MKA alot more.

The General Public has what?

Small attention Span.

DAVE101 said:
Armageddon won fighting game of the year at the VGAs
My Point is Proven. Its also Game of the year for Official Xbox magazine. These are the same guys who gave UMK3 a 6/10 so Who the hell cares.

I liked MKA for about 2 months. I still play it today cuz nobody is on Deception, so i just play Armageddon online on my Xbox. But anyways. It sucks. The Fatality system..... The might as well of just given everybody a MKDA Quan Chi fatality. How fucking pathetic. I lost all respect when I saw that BS for the first time. I could have came up with atleast 1 GOOD fatality for atleast half of the characters. Come on.... The endings were just a kata with some really pointless jibberish, like how if you win with Johnny Cage, he becomes a Shaolin Monk basicly.... Please... The gameplay was good for me until I saw the combo videos for the game, then I learned how to air cancel. They really made some of the characters truly shitty (Jax, Cyrax, Sindel...) The way they made 1 hand to hand style and one weapon stuff didnt really bother me. Neither did the recycled costumes or fighting styles. I loved most of the costumes, didnt hurt me to see them come back (except that sorry MKDA Sub-Zero costume, that one just killed me) But the overall gameplay was just the same, except for parries. I dont know how to do any of the infinites, but that sux anyway. Most people online just like to pick their KAF and just win like that, or just pick a really cheap character like Sareena. Its really dissapointing. The Konquest mode didnt really get on my nerves that much, I played that before I got Shaolin Monks, so I didnt know it was just a dumbed down version. The time they wasted on Motor Kombat was the time they should have used to make REAL fatalities. For me, Armageddon is a below average game at best, UMK3 owns it all the way. I miss UMK3 so much, I havent played it in so long. :cry:

Just a pointless fact...I looked up the command list for KANO, and one of his moves says Wrath of KIRA and another move says Rebel Chick.That list was totally recycled from Kira from Deception, and I know other characters had this bullshit as well. These guys didn't even bother to rewrite or double check the motherfucker before they launch. The moves and his move list made Kano ghey. Seriously, Kano sucks in this game.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Actually, Kano is pretty decent, but can't do shit against the top tier in the game.