What's new

Question Why doesn't Sektor get more love?

LEGEND

YES!
sektor is fine. he is a balanced character! he needs no buffs or nerfs leave him be!
want to beat kabal lao or xyrax with him? put in work and do it. you can win any match as long as you put in the work and make good reads & reactions. were not robots who never screw up were humans who screw up play unsafe and drop things.
this is pretty much true, Save for Mileena. That MU is down right retarded

NKZero

Noob
He's well balanced but he doesn't have an abusable move. Kabal has a variety of NDC's that give + frames on block or 'spamming' iaGB's. Kenshi has spirit charge and EX spirit charge. Sonya has a ridiculous D4-MS set-up or EX cartwheel. Lao has his teleport/cross up mix-ups. Sektor needs meter for the homing missile.

Even looking past that his MU numbers aren't as dominant but he still doesn't get really blown up i.e. 3-7 or worse by any character but perhaps 1. He's just solid. Top tier characters have dominant MU's and abusable moves.
No Kabal is only 4-6. Not even worth counter-picking. Smoke is the worst imo though some would claim Sonya or Mileena. I still maintain that Smoke is the worst.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Because everyone decided to metaphorically hold that after the "Sektor community blowup" failed, miserably, since the perpetrators of such a heinous idea beared to witness the results of the matchups they don't play to begin with, and it became apparent that all these matchups he apparently wins was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to the discovery that his standing 1 is 6 frames.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Jivan Karapetian

I used to think he was underrated. That was until iKizzle brought out his Sektor. Then he suddenly became overrated. Once that kooled down, I found that most people saw the balance in him.

Sektor is very solid character, he's just not anywhere near the same league as the top characters in this game. He doesn't really dominate any matchps (okay, Sheeva but so does everyone) and he looses pretty bad to some of the top characters in the game.

Sektor's 1 and iaTU have all just been over-hyped.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Sektor is the one of the few characters that doesnt need a buff or nerf if this game were to be re-balanced in my opinion...

Element_

The First Element
love?i 'l tell you why he doesn't get any love...people just want easy and cheap ways to win.period..this character is so balanced that he's no attraction.........if only sektor had armor!

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
love?i 'l tell you why he doesn't get any love...people just want easy and cheap ways to win.period..this character is so balanced that he's no attraction.........if only sektor had armor!
no attraction? sektor is fun as fuck to play as.interupting strings with 12b2 into 40% is epic.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All he needs is a better leg lift. Make it faster or let him string it into mix-ups and his pressure will improve greatly.

Other than that, people don't want to take the time to learn footsie-heavy characters like Sektor when there are far easier characters that are actually better.

NariTuba

disMember
I agree with RYX. Sektor requires a big time investment and is not easy to win with.

Imagine his TU on block was -3 like Sonyas cartwheel?

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
The reason why he is only mid tier IS because he is "balanced" and "well rounded". Nothing stands out about him and he has no armor to top off the cake.
you guys better listen to pimpimjim... He is Americas Sektor!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
His flame is like Kenshi's spirit charge, just slower, has pushback, but is a MUCH better anti-air (imo).
Rereading this post I realize that here's a lot of things you're overestimating. This one in particular kame at me.

18 Frames vs 8 is a big difference.

-18 vs -10 is also quite a difference.

As for it being better for anti airing. Kenshi's is significantly faster and combined with his fast walk speed allows him to cover the same range Flamethrower would. There's an angle where Sektor's Flamethrower kan be stuffed by a jump in punch or much easier by a jump in kick. For Kenshi that angle is kovered by the wall he kreates, you'd literally have to jump over him to beat him unless he miss timed his AA.

Also, Mileena kan't roll under Spirit Charge.