What's new

Why does the game freeze

happens to me alot too, right after i've lost to some terrible kabal as well... that means a Hole in the wall and a rematch gone un.. well rematched lol

I fucking know!!! It pisses me the FUCK off. it happens to me like 20 times a day, and is really annoying since you cant turn off the 360 by controller when this happens.

It seems to only happen when I press A too fast to search in Player matches. More likely to happen after leaving/ getting booted from a party, then trying to quickly search again. :cry:

The people who made this emulation MUST have a patch. Had it not been for them, I probably would have added Ermac to my list of mastered characters, and from what it seems like, he's just as good as Human Smoke.

Oh, and yes, the searching glitch happens to me at least twice every day, I need not know about it.

It's happened a lot to me whenever I have my 360 on for quite a while. Digital Eclipse will never have a patch for this game since they are busy emulating more and more games (let's hope for MK4).

SABER Linkdude said:
It's happened a lot to me whenever I have my 360 on for quite a while. Digital Eclipse will never have a patch for this game since they are busy emulating more and more games (let's hope for MK2 on 360).
Fix'D

Mine freezes at least a few times a day. Everyone on the UMK3 boards at xbox.com have the same problem. There will never be a patch, cus they already got their money. They have no interest in fixing anyone's problems for free.

I read awhile ago, DE said its not their fault. Its midway. They have the patch ready, and they need Midways OK to release it, and midway doesn't care. It was on Gamefaqs, someone got a reply to an email.

I believe it, especially how shitty Midway is doing $ wise. They have more important things to worry about.

abc ur dead0 said:
I read awhile ago, DE said its not their fault. Its midway. They have the patch ready, and they need Midways OK to release it, and midway doesn't care. It was on Gamefaqs, someone got a reply to an email.

I believe it, especially how shitty Midway is doing $ wise. They have more important things to worry about.
They're more than just a Mortal Kombat company, lol.

I'm prolly gonna stop playing UMK3 on XBL b/c this shit is fucking retarded. I had to reset my 360 28 times yesterday b/c of the freezing shit. FUCK!!!!!!!!

it's freezes more often when you're playing in "the player- all/sub-MENU"

I've also noticed that when some1 drop at the end of the game, you lose connection "to searching". This game do need a new patch. Btw guys there are Midway EARS on this forum :wink:

I never heard back from the losers at Digital Eclipse. They just threw my email into the "stuff we'll never address" bin and laughed at us all... then they went back to counting their money.

People HAVE gotten replies from them. They say they have the patch done and are waiting for Midway's OK.

That's what I heard. Could be a lie, could be truth, I dunno.

Ed Boon: Ultimate Mortal Kombat is being developed by "Other Ocean Interactive". They used to have the name "Backbone Entertainment" and have a LOT of experience with Mortal Kombat and online play. They did an amazing job at making Ultimate MK3 for the Xbox Live Arcade and the online play for that game was outstanding. We are fully expecting that kind of excellence in this version of MK as well.
hmmm...hope they do justice for DS!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I had thought the freezing was just me. At I know I'm not the only one.
4 problems that need fixed ASAP:
1. This freezing problem in the Player match rooms.
2. A patch that saves unlocked characters FOREVER.
3. I shouldnt have to put in a KK to fight on a stage other than Hell. Christ, add the levels from MK3 taken out for UMK3 such as The Bank.
4. Custom control options

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
#3 is currently impossible to fix. They would have to significantly change the way they do the netplay. It's a small price to play for such a good system.

NaD

Noob
Well midway can't be that lazy That patch should have already been release in Summer time which is now I hope they dont wait till christmas or next year to release that patch.