What's new

Question - Pumped Up Why does pumped up get no love?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I see everyone talking about and using HW and Wrestler but never any PU? Do yall consider him the worst variation or just not reliable?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Pumped up is really good and could be considered just as good as the others. He has the best ground pound of them all and the highest damage. The reason I personally don't use that variation too much is because one of his most important assets is his Instant Air Ground Pounds. Doing those on pad consistently isn't easy at all. Also the GG is -9 instead of -3, so ending blocked strings with that is an unreliable way to keep you safe unlike the other two variations. Other than that he's really solid and if utilize all his tools he's just as deadly as the other two variations with the damage, restand, zoning, and OTG's.

This is a good question IMO this is one of the only character where all 3 of his variations are arguably in the same tier, this variation is amazing I just think people prefer heavy weapons for the mind game of cancel, mixups, and mid screen converts and wrestler for the tick throws. Pumped up has so many options however and restand on super gotcha is great.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Jax is great across the board. The only reason you don't see Pumped Up like the others is because Heavy Weapons and Wrestler get more exposure due to Tyrant and Jupiter,

Arzumis

Noob
Jax players love ending everything into gg which makes everything he has -4. PU cant do this and so PU has to take more risks.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Jax players love ending everything into gg which makes everything he has -4. PU cant do this and so PU has to take more risks.
With it being -8,-9 is not that bad. You could always end with energy wave but it is a high. I think pumped up is all about conditioning. If they start poking under the wave you can end with overhead punch which gets a free ex ground pound or whatever you want to do

Tweedy

Noob
Because of Jax's buttons, GG being -4 opens up a mind game. Pumped Up doesn't have this. Hit advantage on GG is also horrid in this variation.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
He is the most unsafe one, has less options unless you iagp all day and the ex GP is not as useful as Tremors because Jax already has to ex ddp to get any midscreen damage. Ex GP is usualy just not worth the meter. Don't get me wrong, he is still amazing but Westler is even better.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
He is the most unsafe one, has less options unless you iagp all day and the ex GP is not as useful as Tremors because Jax already has to ex ddp to get any midscreen damage. Ex GP is usualy just not worth the meter. Don't get me wrong, he is still amazing but Westler is even better.
He does not need to ex dp to get damage midscreen

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Pumped up is really good and could be considered just as good as the others. He has the best ground pound of them all and the highest damage. The reason I personally don't use that variation too much is because one of his most important assets is his Instant Air Ground Pounds. Doing those on pad consistently isn't easy at all. Also the GG is -9 instead of -3, so ending blocked strings with that is an unreliable way to keep you safe unlike the other two variations. Other than that he's really solid and if utilize all his tools he's just as deadly as the other two variations with the damage, restand, zoning, and OTG's.
I believe Wrestler has the highest damage actually.
As for everyone else, the restand in Pumped Up is +3 so you get to get a free 1 or d1 check unless they armor. But if you armor jax can punish for about at least 40% meterless into the same stupid pressure mix up. I dont see why people are complaining about it? This variation is 100% solid

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
To simply put it this variation improves Jax's keep away and defense in a game where offence rules. Maybe March first he will be a more viable play style but currently PU is hardly zoning out anyone in the cast so if you're going to have to get up close HW and Wrestler are much better.

Pressure is worse with the frame data on PU's gotcha/no RC/Tick Throws. Plasma at the end of blockstrings is barely useful in Wrestler even with the other options because once you're able to react you full combo punish. This is even worse where PU has less threats to potentially condition a plasma.

While the restand is good, Jax's oki is often good enough where the +3 often makes very little difference in terms of breaking armor.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I believe Wrestler has the highest damage actually.
As for everyone else, the restand in Pumped Up is +3 so you get to get a free 1 or d1 check unless they armor. But if you armor jax can punish for about at least 40% meterless into the same stupid pressure mix up. I dont see why people are complaining about it? This variation is 100% solid
Nope. Pumped up has wrestler beat in damage by about 1%.