What's new

Why does NRS allow such bad Wifi in Kombat League

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
#1 reason I don't take Kombat League seriously.

I don't know how or if things like the ratio of successfully connected matches VS declines to connect affect a game's bottom line, but I have to imagine a HUGE number of the A tally would've fallen into the B's if they'd had an option to do so.
A whole bunch of the games I got were with connections I probably would have never accepted otherwise.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
They introduced the benchmark but there is no benchmark based lockout and you can't decline wifi.
Mainly because they want to make moneyz.

Lots of cheaters too. I have a hard time respecting someone's win/loss ratio as if it was too good to be true. Face a guy that that was 50/5 and he lag switch to help him out nor was he any good. These people disgust me.

All fighting games should abandon W/L records. It should be completely invisible to the player and other people because all it does is promotes bad behavior.

Lots of cheaters too. I have a hard time respecting someone's win/loss ratio as if it was too good to be true. Face a guy that that was 50/5 and he lag switch to help him out nor was he any good. These people disgust me.

All fighting games should abandon W/L records. It should be completely invisible to the player and other people because all it does is promotes bad behavior.
its terrible

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Last night I was so scared . I got matched up with guy 3 ranks lower in KL , wifi and I could lose 90 points . Gain 10 or smth for win . And it lagged terrible , even on character select . But i was so lucky game crashed as soon as match started lol

Last night I was so scared . I got matched up with guy 3 ranks lower in KL , wifi and I could lose 90 points . Gain 10 or smth for win . And it lagged terrible , even on character select . But i was so lucky game crashed as soon as match started lol
I've been there... sometimes the Lag Gawds are Nice

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I just don't understand why people don't buy a cable. You're a gamer for god's sake, have some respect for yourself and others.
yep, it's a shame; is not like network cable services are that overpriced and so, normal people with regular jobs cannot afford to buy this kind of stuff, right ? ;)

Agilaz

It has begun
yep, it's a shame; is not like network cable services are that overpriced and so, normal people with regular jobs cannot afford to buy this kind of stuff, right ? ;)
I'm a normal person with a regular job. I play wired exclusively, and sure, I do pay quite a bit for my ISP. But then again, if gaming is my hobby, I'm not gonna be a cheap bitch about it and skimp.

Hobbies cost money.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
In my humble opinion: Best way to change that is to give the option to filter out both Wifi & bad connections before playing Kombat League. I get to where I just have fun with it learning stuff, but bad connections make you not want to. I honestly believe that's the reason why people come here & fill up their statuses with salt & rants too when it comes to characters. Then ask for nerfs based off that mainly instead of playing in lobbies.

Other games have shit connections too though. SFV being one of them (this is the other main game I play), Tekken (Im still learning a character in this game). DOA6 has bad connections, but it gives you the option to filter out each type of connection. SF allows you to filter, but you can't tell whether or not they're on Wifi

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'm a normal person with a regular job. I play wired exclusively, and sure, I do pay quite a bit for my ISP. But then again, if gaming is my hobby, I'm not gonna be a cheap bitch about it and skimp.

Hobbies cost money.
100% agreed .... no argument here :)

that's why it's a shame and pathetic that MK11 allows those cheap ass bastards with bad wifi connections to play in the same lobby together with people that really want to have good experience online playing and so, invest their own hard-earned money in good infrastructure and services to try to accomplish that :oops:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
because nr gives a shit about the competitive side of the game and caters to casuals which give a fuck about such things as long as it grands them costumes. best part is the wifi indicator which just rubs it into your nose that you will now have to face a shit connection with nothing you can do against it. its like a fuck you from nr with a suck it up bitch shoutout...

that's the overall issues with fighting game devs. they dont actually really play their own game and that's why they are always filled up with some shit which someone who would actually spend time with the product would acknowledge on day1. all of em have this issue, not just nr.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah i just check out vs wireless connections and play derpy as shit its either that or go insane the bonus is i can tell it really pisses people off , when they dont do the usuall t bag fatal instead its 8 seconds of mashing pokes to show me that i poke too much lol whoops