What's new

Question - Liu Kang Why does EU think Liu Kang is the best?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
He could maybe be number 1, he's pretty ridiculous. Great pressure, great armor breaker into combos, flying kick from full screen leads to a mid that's + on block, for some reason his fireball is a mid, air fireballs, low fireballs, crazy meterless damage and unbreakable damage with instant airs.

I think Quan and Lao are better but I wouldn't be surprised if Liu Kang ended up being #1

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
He could maybe be number 1, he's pretty ridiculous. Great pressure, great armor breaker into combos, flying kick from full screen leads to a mid that's + on block, for some reason his fireball is a mid, air fireballs, low fireballs, crazy meterless damage and unbreakable damage with instant airs.

I think Quan and Lao are better but I wouldn't be surprised if Liu Kang ended up being #1
100% right at this stage. Lets just see what kp2 does to him

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

Quan's strength is the 50/50,he can kill you if you guess wrong,liu kang's strength is guaranteed,all the things you said above.
No way quan is better than him.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
DF Kang is definitely not #1 in the game, his zoning is pretty good, some pretty good damage in the corner , its his pressure that makes him stand out mostly as an S+ character, take away his pressure and he is average at best. The nerf will kill the variation and the heat will be gone leaving Kang with 1 viable variation. By then you will move to A-List and it will get nerfed as well and next will be Demo Sonya and High Tech Jacqui..And Kung Lao will probably stay as an #1 character and annoy everyone till the lifespan of MKX is over. xD

omooba

fear the moobs
DF Kang is definitely not #1 in the game, his zoning is pretty good, some pretty good damage in the corner , its his pressure that makes him stand out mostly as an S+ character, take away his pressure and he is average at best. The nerf will kill the variation and the heat will be gone leaving Kang with 1 viable variation. By then you will move to A-List and it will get nerfed as well and next will be Demo Sonya and High Tech Jacqui..And Kung Lao will probably stay as an #1 character and annoy everyone till the lifespan of MKX is over. xD
Lol high tech? Seriously?

omooba

fear the moobs
Quan's strength is the 50/50,he can kill you if you guess wrong,liu kang's strength is guaranteed,all the things you said above.
No way quan is better than him.
Dude when it comes down to both characters played at their best against the best players in the world. Dragon's fire can't open you up ever. If u don't get hit by his low all the dmg you take will be small just chipping away at your health. Quan on the other hand does 60% for a bar in the corner and more than that midscreen for 2 bars. He has one touch kills. Almost inescapable pressure. No matter how long the game is out quan will be godlike. Kang won't

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dude when it comes down to both characters played at their best against the best players in the world. Dragon's fire can't open you up ever. If u don't get hit by his low all the dmg you take will be small just chipping away at your health. Quan on the other hand does 60% for a bar in the corner and more than that midscreen for 2 bars. He has one touch kills. Almost inescapable pressure. No matter how long the game is out quan will be godlike. Kang won't
Liu opens people up the same way Lao opens people up, but typically has more opportunity to do so, so that's not true.

PapaRegadetho

Liu opens people up the same way Lao opens people up, but typically has more opportunity to do so, so that's not true.
Even so, Kung Lao is still the best character in the game,but yes, Liu opens up people just as Kung Lao, maybe even better,but we'll see if that's gonna stay after the patch.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

You think about 5 characters could be the best lol.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think he's no 2

Even his normal flying kick is safe against most of the cast and recovers like a bitch

But Lao's Spin and Air control is the reason Lao is better in general but in terms of pressure LK is better than Lao and add that to his zoning

Oh best D3 in the game, Plus 2, low profiles as fuck, near impossible to whiff punish, recovery is non existent

Lao and Liu... Opening people up works the same way pretty much. Both have very high damage. FBRC and pressure is only half of what it can be used for. The ability to FBRC into a backdash to bait reversals when your opponent recognizes an unsafe string is super good.

I'd be curious to see if a FBRC into back dash IAFB can hit the reversals with quick recovery... because liu kang can full combo off of a situation like this when the fireball lands.

So yeah.. People think he's good because he is. Best? I dunno. Maybe.

PapaRegadetho

I think he's no 2

Even his normal flying kick is safe against most of the cast and recovers like a bitch

But Lao's Spin and Air control is the reason Lao is better in general but in terms of pressure LK is better than Lao and add that to his zoning

Oh best D3 in the game, Plus 2, low profiles as fuck, near impossible to whiff punish, recovery is non existent
d3 is plus 1 and its a 12 frame poke, for being that slow, it better be of some use.

kaseyk

Noob
Lao and Liu... Opening people up works the same way pretty much. Both have very high damage. FBRC and pressure is only half of what it can be used for. The ability to FBRC into a backdash to bait reversals when your opponent recognizes an unsafe string is super good.

I'd be curious to see if a FBRC into back dash IAFB can hit the reversals with quick recovery... because liu kang can full combo off of a situation like this when the fireball lands.

So yeah.. People think he's good because he is. Best? I dunno. Maybe.
liu can't combo from raw iafb on grounded opponent . only when full screen after a low fb lands tricking recovery to think it is in combo recovery
( never happens in real match )

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf

What do you think of Demo?

omooba

fear the moobs
true they open people up the same way but unless i'm tweaking this is by baiting people by either staggers or pressure which if we all had the best possible reactions wouldn't be possible. on the other hand 50/50's will always be a guessing game.
obviously this isn't what actually happens cus other than a select few gamers don't have the best possible reactions. all i'm saying is that when you fight liu kang and lao you can always say oh i should've reacted to this better or done this better but in the case of quan you can't say i should've guessed better.
also i'd rather not argue with one of the top 3 best players in the world soooo yeah not replying and blowing me up would be great