Why do you use the character you use?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana For life.
Skarlet is bad ass. And I love technical characters to improve execution

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Liu Kang because he is my favorite character ever since 1992. Everyone else that I use is also because I like the characters story/history-wise (Scorp, Sub, Lao). The ones I love but don't suit my play style are Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Raiden.

Smoke: Carryover favorite from UMK3; first character I really put effort into as far as learning combos

Sub-Zero: Has consistently been my main in every MK game since MK1. Any chance i get to slow the pace of the fight down / get a free combo (ex. freeze & clone), I am all for it.

Ermac: My first real main in MK9. At first I just got a kick out of his swag combos. Still my favorite character in MK9. Unfortunately I don't think my play style jives with his keep away style. When I am under pressure, my instinct is to rush down and "hit back" soo....

Sektor: I started playing this character after reading through Tom Brady's living guide. Of all the characters that I liked, Sektor clearly had all the tools needed to get the job done. No matter how deep into the yomi layers my opponent wants to go, I can always go one deeper with this character. Can rush down or zone and has mix ups for days. Although Ermac will always be my favorite and my first choice, I have to say Sektor is the one I intend to main from now on.

Kenshi: Almost forgot, I have to add this guy in. A favorite of mine from the 3d games. Being a huge fan of the Matrix I couldn't help but want to play as the closest thing to Neo. Anyway, I really only play this character when I want to see what it's like to have armor. Every now and then it's nice to decide that, not only will my opponent's attack not hit me, but I will hit them instead.... twice... and have frame advantage.... and build back meter... yea.

Owerbart

I miss you
I main Ermac and Cage because they are my favs. I feel very identified with Ermac's story, and Cage is awesome. The other chars that I play are also the chars I like (Kabal, Nightwolf, Stryker). Baraka and Sektor became also part of my favorite chars in this game, because I love how they play.