What's new

Why do ppl think shaolin monks 2 will be in MK11 lol

seriously, Ive been seeing this float around for days that its the hidden game mode in the single player menu. Why would they put something like that in MK 11 when they could easily sell that on its own and make a ton of money off of it

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
A shaolin monks style adventure mode was detailed in a fake mk11 leak previously. I'm sure that spurred it on.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
they keep teasing some crazy new SP content that's going to blow people's minds. I think that's about the only thing that could do it for most people.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Konquest mode has been in mk games before so it’s not unprecedented. Plus it’s just a whole lot of wishful thinking lol. When I hear a developer say that Ed boon said this mode wasn’t possible but they did it anyway. And say that this mk has the most content out of any mk game then it gets me hyped that they actually did it.

Would it be a letdown if it’s something stupid and totally unrelated? Sure but it’s not like I’m canceling my preorder over it lol. So yeah, wishful thinking.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not think anyone "thinks" there will be a new shaolin monk or konquest mode... but I think the general consensus is that it would be boss if it did.

The reason it all came up is that there was a tweet from one of the major NRS dudes that was going on about how they left clues in the menu system to some huge new and amazing single player mode that is not story mode.

This leads people to three things... Shaolin Monk Mode, Konquest Mode or a mini game mode like Kombat Chess.... and people just started saying... "wow that would be so awesome if that happened".

No one really knows what the new solo mode the guy was tweeting about, we know nothing at all apart that it is apparently "huge" and "amazing" and it is going to "blow our minds".

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I agree. A second "Shaolin Monks" game would definitely suffer quality issues if it's a mode in MK11. It should be a seperate game, and that would also make sense from a business-focused view.

Don't see this happening, at all.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I agree. A second "Shaolin Monks" game would definitely suffer quality issues if it's a mode in MK11. It should be a seperate game, and that would also make sense from a business-focused view.

Don't see this happening, at all.
Yeah it wouldnt be a full game like Shaolin Monks. It would be a short konquest mode like Armageddon if anything. Using SM controls and a new character unaffected by the story mode.

They might be protyping and fishing for interest. If people show an interest in the mode they might make another SM. Maybe they would let rocksteady take on a mk adventure game (would be sick). At the very least we could get a SM remaster which I would be ok with.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I mean, they have to work on creating a balanced game and a story mode so I don't think they'll spend resources to make a beat-em-up adventure type of game on top of all that.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This. SO much this.

Not to mention, if you have heard some of the intro dialogue from Scorpion vs Subzero from the demo build, you'll see that they are actually trying their hardest to work together in this game to defeat a greater evil...

This is honestly not that far fetched at all to think that the new single player mode is some kind of adventure mode'esque or w/e focusing on the two most famous ninjas teaming up.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
This. SO much this.

Not to mention, if you have heard some of the intro dialogue from Scorpion vs Subzero from the demo build, you'll see that they are actually trying their hardest to work together in this game to defeat a greater evil...

This is honestly at that far fetched at all to think that the new single player mode is some kind of adventure mode'esque or w/e focusing on the two most famous ninjas teaming up.
And it would fulfill the prophecy of Subby's MK9 ending of them becoming this timeline's Deadly Alliance.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
This. SO much this.

This is honestly not that far fetched at all to think that the new single player mode is some kind of adventure mode'esque or w/e focusing on the two most famous ninjas teaming up.
I still grieve my wife and child
I'm not so cold as to mock your pain
A wise choice Sub-Zero

Don't know why, but this is my favorite intro so far. I enjoy the puns too.

I can definitely see them doing a fire and ice game, it just doesnt make sense to put it in MK11 when it would sell so well by itself