What's new

why do people just constantly keep rushing and punching

this displays complete lack of skill to me. So does throwing.....I was actually surprised to see so many top tier players throwing....thoughts?

throwing is part of the game, my thoughts, if it was'nt in the game then it would'nt be there, but it is.

the run punch is a check move, to test what you know. if you cant get past that, you get abused.

Just trying to rack up wins man. An elite player will charge you and throw you for the same reason a n00b will use robo-smoke.

Look at some Matchvideos on this site, look at the finals, high level UMK3 gameplay is all about rushing, jabbing, getting out of runjabbing and trying to connect a big combo.
At least its many times like that.

Rushing and Punching it´s a part of the game, you try to rushing and punching to throw your opponent, or if he release the block button, enter with a big kombo damage, but if you change how you push the run button, and punch, the opponent will atack in differents ways and you have to parry their attacks or counter, depend how he´s attack you can attack in different ways too.
when you connect a uppercut punch and your opponent it´s blicking the damage of that "blocked uppercut" is a good damage, and then you can run and jab, and uppercut when he´s blocked, if you hit 3 punches and 1 uppercut that´s is something like this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Weltyron/example.jpg

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Uppercuts for chip mid screen are risky and can put the advantage in their favor depending on the character. It's best to use them in the corner because of the break out of ice skate, or if they are very near death.

Throws are merely a side effect of run jabs. Throws can completely change the pace of a match so if you are going for one intentionally, it should be during a cross up, or if someone is rushing you and you have scouted it.

You know you can prevent being thrown by holding back. If/when I play someone who doesn't know this, I would totally abuse throws too.

Enigma

Noob
If you're dumb enough not to hold back to avoid being thrown, you deserve to be thrown all day.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If I notice they don't hold back, I will beat them with throws if using a throwing character like Kitana Kabal or Robot Smoke, but then explain to them, after they complain, why it isn't cheap.

lol the other day I was playing as robot smoke vs my friend's rain and I throw him 6 times in a row!! lol...he has a thing to get out of run jabs where he always jumps to avoid them and I threw him like 3 times out of the air mixing it with 3 ground throws!! He lost it and complained that you should be able to turn off throws or If I could not throw anymore.. I just said smoke is my "judo" character!! :D

DAVE101 said:
There is a VS screen kode that disables throwing
100-100
when im doing ranked matches a lot of people seem to try to get me to do this Kombat Kode but that just tells me that they don't know how to block throws or they just suck at blocking so i run jab the whole match

dreemernj

Ambassador
I've seen in many other forums people referring to some kind of honor system where people didn't throw because it's cheap. And then I've heard lots of stories of people being angry when you don't agree to disable throwing with them.

I find it all incredibly sad. That's why I set the title of the UMK homepage to what it is.

That's my message to the noobs that actively prevent themselves from learning how to play the game. Their kind is not welcome here.

THrowing isnt cheap.

As long as the typical player doesnt defend against being thrown, the more savy players who are aware of this common weakness will continue to exploit it and constantly run in and jab and try to throw who ever they play against. until the typical player learns how to guard against throwing, we will continue to see alot of players freaking out with the run jabs.

And again, throwing isnt cheap, your opponent has the same capability to throw and guard against throwing as you, so therefore, he has no advantage against you when it comes to throwing, so why would you argue him being cheap? IT makes no sense to me why someone would bitch about throwing being cheap.

I'm in the Atlanta area and have been playing since MK1. Just about every arcade I ever played at had a standing rule that you didn't throw. Pretty sad now that I look back. It also shows how much the gameplay has evolved.

Enigma

Noob
I have no idea how hard is it to hold back when you block to avoid being thrown. It's not rocket science.

That disgusts me that there was a "standing rule" that you didnt throw. IVe played in the arcades tho, Ive never personally heard of that. Every time Ive played, its always been "win by any means available to you".

People had to invent a rule for that? Obviously, its the little bitches that didnt know how to defend against a throw who invented thos rules.