What's new

Why did you choose your main?

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
Who is your main?
Was it because they are top tier? You liked the way the looked? You found them easy to use?

I chose my main Nightwolf because hes fun to play as, his BnB was hard to learn but I love his design and playing with him overall. His moveset it awesome.

leek

Noob
Who is your main?
Was it because they are top tier? You liked the way the looked? You found them easy to use?
Cage mostly. Him because I tryed around the roster only slightly liking them but cage clicked for me.

Combos are easy, not too high of a learning curve(i sucked when I started) and amazing frame traps/block strings. I don't mind tier listings, I used to use Quan Chi and I'd like to think it was pretty good, so him being upper mid or A is a nice bonus, but I'd still use him otherwise.

side note: I always pick the red shin pads over the blue, just saying.

Abudabi

Noob
Because it adheres to my current style of play and it brings back a nostalgic experience from the older MK games.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Haha! Funny actually. I was determined to play Kitana and Scorpion when the game first came out because that's who i used in all the old 2D games.

- I did well with Kitana and actually won 2 online tourneys with her shortly after launch (nothing major - just little things hosted by different forums).
- I absolutely hated Scorpion. I am a calculator. I like to weigh risk/reward and I like to plan ahead. he allows that, but you really do have to be a lil reckless to get that unpredictability that makes the really good Scorpion players ... well, really good.

Anyway, in an effort to replace Scorpion, I tried Sub-Zero. He definitely covers that calculated gameplan I love so much, but then I met Cyrax and I fell in love. Lol. He even replaced Kitana as my go-to character. He had everything I wanted. He's got some extremely powerful options, but he also requires that same level of thoughtful planning that I love.

Jade actually fits my playstyle even better, but I'm still struggling with her. And Mileena is just a cute lil mind-fuck. ^_^
Occasionally, I'll still play Sub-Zero or Kitana online (Helkl, i have a whole list of characters I play online just so it doesn't get stale), but Cyrax is the man.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm going to love CH3 16 bit. Anyways, I pick Jax because he is fucking awesome. He is so awesome. I got my haircut like him.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Because I have been using Liu Kang ever since I first started playing MK. Why stop now?

I also chose Kenshi because he was my main in MKDA and I was beasting. :D

webreg

Noob
Can you trap wind in a corner? Can you throw knifes at a cloud? No you can't and with my main there is even fire involved.

Sheeva.

You need to play patient with her, and then once you're in, you're in.

Her frame traps > Johnny Cages.

Her unbreakable damage > Kitanas.

Her mix up game > Liu Kangs.

Her hit box > Mileenas.

In a game where footisies, and low pokes are important, the fact Sheeva can punish a low 2% poke with 45%, or 35% unbreakable at the cost of 1 bar, is amazing.

I'm not even sure why I picked her up, I'm not even a big fan of grapplers in fighting games. I've tried to unmain her, but I'm just far better with her compared to the rest of the cast.

I try my best to zone with fireballs ground stomps and tele stomps, especially against someone like Cyrax or Cage. If the other character has superior zoning, dash D3 to get in, and use a Fireball or telestomp if they mess up their zoning.

Lastly, she's so sexy. ♡

Copied and pasted from MKU.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Rain.

Uh, because he's Rain? HELLO?

Haha but really, I've always loved Rain and his aggressive play-style suits me and personally makes the game more enjoyable on my end.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Well, I was messing around with the cast and found Noob Saibot.
He sucked for me, and I couldnt stick with him, maybe I was anxious.
I kept finding, however, that no matter who i played as, I wasnt THAT aggressive.

So i went and gave Noob a second look.

And Im still staring ;P

Since then, I've discovered his mind games, 50/50s, and advanced stuff. There's no way Ill ever stop using him!

galindo

Noob
easy,
if i think that character is cool,- i can adjust my playstyle to anything, but i dont wanna use some whimp though, or some whore, or some cliche..

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Reptile has always been my favorite player, and always will be, but something about his play style doesn't click en enough for me to main him

I main Cyrax, i love the mustard robot. I have always played him since i first started play mk
He has always seemed different then most fighters, he has bombs instead of just a normal projectile, and whats better then taping you opponent in a freaking net!

plus there is nothing better then having you opponent leave before you start the second match, because you hit him with two 50%+ combos :top:

Sub-Zero:
He is a fun character to play with those (sort-of)mindgames and corner traps.
Been playing him since MK1.
He is one of the best characters in the game.(In My Opinion)

Cyber Sub-Zero.
He has that Ice-Ball and Slide that i'm partial to.
Has good combos, good rushdown.
I watched UsedForGlue at SvB and got hooked.
I don't like shitting out bombs though..

Smoke:
I messed around with him when I first got the game didn't really enjoy how "technical" he was.
Came back to him about 4 days ago, still learning his stuff.

I might learn Noob(Hitoshura Inspiration), or Rain(CD Jr. Inspiration) but gonna get better with the characters listed above right now.
Everyone have a good day.
~Hound.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I chose Sonya because I've always loved her in all of the other games. Thing was, I was never very good with her despite my best efforts to get better with her. I think I was drawn to her because she was the american patriot female of the series who would grab you with her legs and smash your ass into the ground.

Love.

Raiman

Noob
Raiden, favorite char, easy to use starting off, happened to be top tier,
Subz, second fav char, favorite playstyle, happened to be high tie
Kano, started with really cheap specials, 41% throw xray, he says bitch