What's new

Question - Raiden Why are we still ending our combos in DF2?

infamy23

FireBeard
Before the patch, B14 DF2 resulted in a fully unscaled ender. This meant that ending combos in DF2 typically resulted in higher damage in the corner.

But now that the scaling has been fixed, I can't see any reason to end your combos with this move.

BF3 is a superior ender in every way.

It does the same amount of damage in every combo that I've tested.

It provides a bit more frame advantage on knockdown, allowing you to more easily set up your meaty attacks.

It causes a rolling soft knockdown, instead of a falling soft knockdown. This type of knockdown is MUCH less likely to result in a tech roll. (Tech rolls are bad because they recover faster and reduce the amount of frame advantage that you have.)

Anyone have a logical reason for using this move as a combo ender?

infamy23

FireBeard
He was using it as a reset though, not a combo ender.

If you end your combos in B14 DB1... you can go for a LRC for a massive amount of frame advantage, or if you screw up your LRC, you can just let the fireball rip and you'll still have enough frame advantage to go for a 50/50.

Cerebru

Noob
He was using it as a reset though, not a combo ender.

If you end your combos in B14 DB1... you can go for a LRC for a massive amount of frame advantage, or if you screw up your LRC, you can just let the fireball rip and you'll still have enough frame advantage to go for a 50/50.
No you don't people just panic and let you get away wit it.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
I like ending my combos in B11 1+3.
People underestimate B111+3 but it's a nice ender because it does more damage than any of the special finishers. The only problem with any of the above listed options (in the corner) is that you're putting them in a downed state to either stay down for whiff punish or ex wakeup. The corner game is all about resetting with a b14 to keep them standing and staggered so you can go for a reset 50/50. If your opponent guesses right on your first reset, you blow maybe 10-15% more damage. If they guess wrong, they eat another 20-30%.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
People underestimate B111+3 but it's a nice ender because it does more damage than any of the special finishers. The only problem with any of the above listed options (in the corner) is that you're putting them in a downed state to either stay down for whiff punish or ex wakeup. The corner game is all about resetting with a b14 to keep them standing and staggered so you can go for a reset 50/50. If your opponent guesses right on your first reset, you blow maybe 10-15% more damage. If they guess wrong, they eat another 20-30%.
I should have clarified lol.

I use that ended after I reset them 3 times. If all goes according to plan I can get around 85ish percent 39-15-43 with the setups and whatnot.

Raiders a monster.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Oh yeah, for sure...That's huge damage by the time you're done. It also mentally damages your opponent because it LOOKS devastating, lol.

Low Blow

How far have you fallen?
The reason I don't like b1,1,1+3 is because it doesn't build any meter sure it's a small amount but it can make a difference in a game

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
No you don't people just panic and let you get away wit it.
B14~lightning is decent, especially in non TG variations. Leaves you at +9 to either go for the 50/50 with b2/b3, throw, or bait the armor.

In thunder god you can go for the 50/50, f1 to blow them up for doing anything other than block, or throw. You can still go for f1 to catch them hitting buttons in non TG variations or go for a hard read with f1~ex-shocker.

Cerebru

Noob
B14~lightning is decent, especially in non TG variations. Leaves you at +9 to either go for the 50/50 with b2/b3, throw, or bait the armor.

In thunder god you can go for the 50/50, f1 to blow them up for doing anything other than block, or throw. You can still go for f1 to catch them hitting buttons in non TG variations or go for a hard read with f1~ex-shocker.
Look see you already know....I'll add cancel b14 into tele have you tried it. Let me now what to think.