What's new

Why are uppercuts in MK11 so damn safe

Agreed, they're hella safe.
They are way too safe. When someone can get a KB D2 because you attempted to punish them just a frame too late, which is like 280 damage for most people, then get combo'd off it (by someone like geras) you are pretty much fucked. And who the hell decided "oh if you uppercut the opponent can duck your uppercut and uppercut you back for a free KB". That's absurd. It's not reading when the game has been turned into a poke contest.. But yeah I'll just go back to Sub/Baraka/Kollector and continue winning like 4 in a row then losing to laggy people or grab spammers.. yay.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Aren’t they punishable on whiff? They have good pushback on hit, but they’re duckable and you could D1 D3 or D4 their attempt. To me they’re good anti airs and good for punishing whiffs but that’s it.

Unless you main Cassie.

Aren’t they punishable on whiff? They have good pushback on hit, but they’re duckable and you could D1 D3 or D4 their attempt. To me they’re good anti airs and good for punishing whiffs but that’s it.

Unless you main Cassie.
Yeah they are very punishable on whiff but most people dont throw D2 out randomly, they D1 into D2, which can be counter D1 into a mid combo but most mids are pretty bad it seems so they do a KB D2 for crazy damage. Cassie's D2 is nothing compared to Jades crazy range with hers :(

If you basically know a high is coming instantly crouch D1 and you get at least 300 damage for free