What's new

Why are there Un-Grab-able moves in this game?

Forward 223 with Shazam cannot be thrown by Grundy anything, is an example of one of the things he's referring to.
Previous fighters I've played had throw-invincible moves, so it makes sense to me for them to be in here, just a little less sense that some of the moves are combo strings.

IMO 3d hit detection is what causes it. Instead of having an area of "Throw range" you have to make contact with a certain part of your character's body (Hands most likely). So you can potentially use forward momentum to collide with the character enough that the grab detection misses behind you very slightly.

IE Grundy throws his hands hella forward during walking corpse. You can do a forward momentum normal and be armored by his WC, but not be thrown because his hands hit behind where you currently are.

Just my 2 cents.

Hrm. Best guess? They designed it that way in order to prevent people from throwing mid-string as a punisher. Because throws are one of the fastest attacks in the game.

But that's just a guess.

A lot of pokes and strings have airborne frames. And some specials are throw immune. Tom Brady was talking about this in his Grundy setup vid. Batman's straight Batarang is an example of such a move.

It sucks for grapplers but I'm guessing it was necessary considering you can get grabbed out of blockstun in this game and neutral jump is throwable during pre-jump frames.

I don't think it will really affect grapplers much though. Grundy is still really good despite this and easily top 10 imo.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
well its just that there are a lot of moves that you can just do infront of grundys face and he cant do anything about it

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Are you complaining that you have to play footsies with Grundy? :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
na i dont mind having to play footsies its just id like to be able to use my grabs when i feel i can and not be raped because of Ungrabable frames on a move that was done.