What's new

Question - Reptile Why are people using deceptive?

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Nimble seems like the least used variation, I like noxious personally.

But to answer your question deceptive when in meter burned invisibility, is free to make you guess between his 5050 or a grab.

Plus I think it doesn't go away on block

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Nimble seems like the least used variation, I like noxious personally.

But to answer your question deceptive when in meter burned invisibility, is free to make you guess between his 5050 or a grab.

Plus I think it doesn't go away on block
Why not just use predator then haha. And yeah when I first played reptile. my first reaction was to play noxious for the unblockable damage

TamedLizard

Buff George
Cuz it feels right!

Started with Noxious, then switched to Deceptive for a change of pace. Not particularly fond of Nimble unless I'm just doing some casual matches with friends.

The intensified guessing game Deceptive forces the opponent to play is quite a blast. Admittedly though, I sometimes wish I was using Noxious in certain matches because of that unblockable damage, but ultimately I've enjoyed the fresh play Deceptive has brought me.

Besides, Deceptive Reptile is Klassic Reptile as far as I'm concerned. And I dig it.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
The main reason for all the deceptive use/hype right now is his "Invisible Parry". You can meter burn invis when your about to be hit only to eat the hit and then can punish your opponent for a pretty decent amount midscreen. On top of that though he gets invisble 50/50s and a damage increase while invis.

JDM

Noob
Nimble is still great and imo was easily the best before this patch. But now with option selects gone he cannot make his B3 safe by not cancelling into EX Klaw. You have to commit. Since EX invis lets you hitconfirm (and mixup on block if they aren't ready for it) the choice is clear. Safe 50/50 or unsafe 50/50s? lolol

Also fighting invisibility is very hard. Even before its buffs I thought Deceptive was great.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
The new ability to extend your combo using invisibility cancel is insane. I think that's why people are playing more deceptive now.

Imagine going invisible mid combo, end in hard knock down, and your opponent can't see you and has no idea what's coming.

That's scary, honestly. Deceptive is the best variant to use imo.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Have you ever tried to block an invisible reptile? It's bonkers
Unless you're @YOMI RM JagoBlake. His blocks were stupid good against Chris G during their first game.

But other than that, I understand what you're saying. I'd get freed up, lol.
One factor that aids in your defense against an invisible Reptile is noting the positioning of the screen, as well as memorizing his attack strings as a whole. The more exposure you have to certain situations, the better you will be able to recognize when and how to block.

The fact I managed to block any of that shit at all was a shock because I'd never fought a Deceptive Reptile up until Chris G came along. Then again, I've been stuck on KI.

Zaccel

Noob
I still stick to Noxious (I'm addicted to dealing damage by farting around meterless), but Deceptive's new toys are exceptional. Plus frames on block, a super-duper-safe wakeup, and hit-confirms that are practically Roman Cancels are such a blast. The only caveat is the meter you'll be chugging.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Fun fact:

Things mentioned in this thread:

1. Reptile invisibility doesn't go away on block
2. Reptile gets a damage increase while invisible

And nobody cared to say anything about it. Then, threads appear with NERF REPTILE THAT PIECE OF SHIT OP BROKEN CHARACTER.

Head explodes much? YES.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Fun fact:

And nobody cared to say anything about it. Then, threads appear with NERF REPTILE THAT PIECE OF SHIT OP BROKEN CHARACTER.

Head explodes much? YES.
Haha nerf Reptile pls.

Why not just use predator then haha. And yeah when I first played reptile. my first reaction was to play noxious for the unblockable damage
Aliens suck hard.

Imo deceptive is better,but i still like Noxious. Problem about noxious is that the 34 gas combos are pretty hard. Also you can just pull off gas out of 34 for a combo. That´s just stupid :(.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Fun fact:

Head explodes much? YES.
If Preds trap doesn't go away on block, then neither should Reptiles invisibility. Plz don't nerf.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Because its the best variation. You get free advantage for 1 bar and hard to block mix ups. Hitconfirmable f21 into 30% damn right. Also the "flash parry" is great but I feel you guys are overrating it way too much.

And yeah the ignorance about the character displayed here is staggering lol