What's new

Question - D'Vorah Whos next, for me.

Noob
I have been playing D'Vorah since release. And I really enjoy her. But she seems so slow on start ups and I find if I don't have perfect timing I almost always get beaten to the punch. This may just be me. And I hope to get some advice on being quicker. I hope its just me. I also get demolished if i'm knocked down in a corner.

I will continue to play with her as she is so entertaining to watch on screen. But I would also like to pick up a second character now. Somebody I can take to a tournament level and be successful with. So I'm looking for help with that. I was interested in Takeda, but upon further inspection he seems a bit slow and takes a beating on punish. He also uses a lot of meter to get anything done. Are there any suggestions. I like to get in close. One of the things I like about D'Vorah is how she traps opponents and stuns them long enough to get in and get involved. So I would like somebody like that. That has a decent wake up game and faster start ups.

Another character that had me interested was Kano. I played him in the 90's. But just as a button masher. Is he a character people see making it in tournaments.

Yes it comes down to me and my skill to win tournaments. But thee are always characters that make it and those that don't.

I missed the tournament I had been training for this last weekend when my off days from work got switched around. But there is another one coming up on the 4th of July that I want to be ready for.

Sorry for the long post. And I know its up to me to pick a player and get good. But some suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

FiNCu

Casual from Poland ;)
You have good main 24k.Stay with her.Currently top 5 character for sure.Good luck in future.

Noob
I have been watching some tourny vids of her. She is pretty good in the right hands. Guess I have just hit a wall I need to break through. Needed the motivation after training so hard and missing the comp for a stupid reason. If anybody reading this played the MKX Cup in Johannesburg then I hope you did well. You bastards.