What's new

Who's getting a Vita for MK?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
How much is a Vita again? 300 bucks seems pricey but I definitely want one! Just for MK9 new modes and epic costumes! I hope we see MK4 redone or something on 3DS in the future, that can SOOO work like UMK3 did for original DS. I really enjoy portable MK.

Briyen

Noob
dat screen, itll make you a believer, played it at the vita hill things, it runs flawless, cept even local adhoc fighting is still slightly laggy

but MK9 work lunch breaks, here i come

:coffee:

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I'm getting mine on Tuesday. My commute home is an hour and 20mns. So it's perfect for me to play on the train and bus :)

For those asking about the price, the wifi only is $250 and 3g +. Wifi is $300. My TV just stopped working so this is my only chance to play mk now. So I'll be on that 5" screen for a while until I get a new TV lol.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Is it even worth buying the Vita with the 3g capabilities??
I got the 3g version and to be honest I don't think it's worth it. All you do with it is check your trophies, login to psn, or check near. Well maybe use the Google map with it or use the crappy browser. Maybe in the future the smaller game will allow you to play anywhere ie word with friends type of games. Ultimately it's pointless simply because of the overpriced plan for the AT&T 3g

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I got the 3g version and to be honest I don't think it's worth it. All you do with it is check your trophies, login to psn, or check near. Well maybe use the Google map with it or use the crappy browser. Maybe in the future the smaller game will allow you to play anywhere ie word with friends type of games. Ultimately it's pointless simply because of the overpriced plan for the AT&T 3g
That's a downer...then again I dont' think MK is gonna support 3g anyway...or are they?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
That's a downer...then again I dont' think MK is gonna support 3g anyway...or are they?
Nah just wifi and adhoc. Honestly I don't think any of these type of games will ever support 3g, it's just way too much data to transfer to keep the gameplay smooth (I'm just saying, what do I know lol).

Hmm anyway.. maybe tethering would work... e.g using an iphone as a wifi spot. Although that's rather risky and would raise flags to the service provider..

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Nah just wifi and adhoc. Honestly I don't think any of these type of games will ever support 3g, it's just way too much data to transfer to keep the gameplay smooth (I'm just saying, what do I know lol).
I figured. I thought they said something about that but that slipped through my mind. Now I got my mind made up which Vita to get.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Hmm anyway.. maybe tethering would work... e.g using an iphone as a wifi spot. Although that's rather risky and would raise flags to the service provider..
You know tethering is exactly the reason why I got the 3g version. I'm on verizon and had a rooted droid. For some reason the vita wasn't picking up the signal while the ipod could :-(

Briyen

Noob
SF:xTekken for Vita just announced 3g multiplayer, oh yeah and crossplay with ps3 people haha

but ill still have 3000% more fun playing MK

Briyen

Noob
I figured. I thought they said something about that but that slipped through my mind. Now I got my mind made up which Vita to get.
get teh 3g launch bundle best deal, comes with a 8gb memory card, so 3g upgrade - cost of memory = $20, not bad for 3g capabilities

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Major Question

Can You hook up an INPIN ps2 convertor and use your ps2 pad on the PS VITA?

If not count me out
I saw some Japanese MacGyver straddle the thing into a TE. So, I think it's possible, but I don't know how simple it'd be. It has USB ports I'm presuming, but would the INPIN conflict with it? Probably...but yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm really not interested in the damn thing until I know such things.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
SF:xTekken for Vita just announced 3g multiplayer, oh yeah and crossplay with ps3 people haha

but ill still have 3000% more fun playing MK
Hmm interesting. I'm definitely curious to see how it's gonna turn out. I still think the current AT&T plans are crippling that functionality. $15 for 250mb; $30 for 3GB (hmm if that's the case why not 1.5GB for $15). Anyway that's good news :) but I'm still not convinced it will work properly or be getting a plan just for it. (sigh) I might root my new phone to try tethering again lol. Thanks for the news