What's new

Who's easiest to juggle with Reptile's infinite?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I find it easier to do on kung/usub. But honestly, anyone but shang/sheeva is good.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It all depends on the character.

Jax - hpx3
male ninja - hpx2, hp or lphp, hp
sub/sindel - lphphp
female ninja - start with lphp, hp then do hphpx2

Once you get a couple volleys in, go to lphp or lplp.

On shang, I can't get more than one hphp...he's so hard to juggle.

Yeah this one time I picked Reptile and a guy went directly to Shang and said "HAHA"

He stayed Shang the whole time too :roll:

jdub03

Noob
I have a hard time with the run cancels. Do you tap r twice(holding run on the second tap).

So it would look something like this:
Popup combo>foreceball>HPx2, R, R(hold), Hp

You need three HPs for it to be an infinite, two is not.

EDIT: well you can mix it up with LPs. On jax you can do LPx3, dash, LPx3, dash, etc.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It is all in the character guide. Shock has listed detailed combo notations for reptile vs every character.

You do not need to hold run, just press hp hp run, hold forward, hp~dash.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think ded_ does the male ninja Reptile inf without using run cancel.

DAVE101 said:
You need three HPs for it to be an infinite, two is not.

EDIT: well you can mix it up with LPs. On jax you can do LPx3, dash, LPx3, dash, etc.
I wasn't saying I did the infinite I was just explaining what I can and cannot do 8)

arroyo1218 said:
Do any of you guys play with the analog stick or just the d-pad?
I use the analog stick
Analog Stick for anything that requires Moving side to side, or jumping. Dpad for special moves and Combos. I switch during play, and it's really weird, but works for me. Sugar Plays with his controller weird as well, he told me he kinda holds it funny and presses the buttons with his index and middle finger. I tried, and its alright, but I like the way I play.

xmimic

Noob
oh snap.. i didnt even think about run cancle.. or using Lp.

so it would look more like hp,hp,hp dash run cancle hp,hp,hp dash run cancle?

Edit: woh ok.. the guide is your friend. even the video clearly shows how LP works. but i still dont get how i am late. ill give LP a try, but i dont think i really understand how run cancle would help. maybe i dont really understand what run cancle is lol.

I use the analog stick when I play, but that's only because I'm not used to the D-Pad and it just doesn't feel right. For Rep's infinite, I find it easier to do it on the male ninja's, but that's just me. I've tried it on Jax, but I can't get used to letting him drop so low before punching him.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
xmimic said:
oh snap.. i didnt even think about run cancle.. or using Lp.

so it would look more like hp,hp,hp dash run cancle hp,hp,hp dash run cancle?
You don't need to Run Cancel the dash. If it's done while your opponent is in the air, the dash will not come back with an Elbow.

The way I do it, just recalling when I press and buffer the buttons is something like this (example is vs male ninja):

hp,hp,d+lp, ff+hplp, aahphp, hold forward, b~aahp~f+lk, aahphp, hold forward, b~aahp~f+lk, repeat

You can also keep the lp button held down after the popup combo and do ff+hp. The Fast Forceball will still come out. It's called buffering :eek:

I saw in a match video, ded_ used aalphp instead of aahphp and when I tried it, it seemed to connect more often.